• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
emmerton10

Cory Emmerton

Rate this topic

Didn't see a thread on him so I thought I would start one. I really lkike his game and have seen him live once and he absolutely dominated. When I found out he was eligible for the draft this past season I was surprised because how good he was, so i was very happy when i heard he was on the wings. he will be on the wings in a couple of years and his size wont be an issue in the new nhl.

He opened the ohl season this year with 2 goals, 3 assist game and followed it up with a 2 goal, 1 assist game.

http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/news/200...22emmerton.html

this is a little read on him. not that informative.

Didn't see a thread on him so I thought I would start one. I really lkike his game and have seen him live once and he absolutely dominated. When I found out he was eligible for the draft this past season I was surprised because how good he was, so i was very happy when i heard he was on the wings. he will be on the wings in a couple of years and his size wont be an issue in the new nhl.

He opened the ohl season this year with 2 goals, 3 assist game and followed it up with a 2 goal, 1 assist game.

http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/news/200...22emmerton.html

this is a little read on him. not that informative.

Yeah not surprising given his upside. Is he playing C or LW? I know he can play both positions, just wondering where he's getting the bulk of his mins?

Edited by Mighty Wings

He usually plays center, i went back up to k-town to see him play last week and like you said he looked like a dominating player, and he will be this year for sure in the OHL. i usually never go but i might have to go see more fontenac games now that hes apart of the wings future.

considering cory scored 38 points in 58 games his rookie season... and he's already got 16 points in 9 games this season... this kid is something special... it will be interesting to see what he's capable of at the next level when the time comes.

I got to see Emmerton play last Thursday when Kingston came to Windsor, where he scored a goal and two assists. Cory almost had another goal (and it was a nice play by him, too), but it was waved off after they reviewed it. He played with Bobby Hughes and Chris Stewart for most of the night, and you can tell the Frontenacs really depend on those three for offence; it seemed like they were on every other even strength shift.

All in all, I was pretty impressed with what I saw. He didn't really seem to be doing much early on, but he started to look really dangerous as the game progressed. The big knock on him (from what I've read) is that he's not fast enough for a player his size, but I didn't think he looked like a bad skater at all. He seems to pick up quite a bit of speed through the neutral zone and across the opponents' blueline. Emmerton's one-on-one moves are solid, and I was impressed by the way he stickhandled around defenders on the rush. There were a couple plays, though, where he'd take the puck deep into the offensive zone all by himself, and then make a quick pass back to the point that the Kingston defencemen weren't really ready for, so the puck would go right by them.

Emmerton is very "Zetterberg-like" in terms of hockey sense. He always seemed to know where to be; and not just in the offensive zone. He was intercepting passes all night. As for his physical game, he didn't seem too afraid to go into traffic, and crunched a Windsor player against the glass when he was fighting for a loose puck. But Emmerton isn't particularly big, so I wouldn't expect him to have much of a physical game at the NHL level.

Cory's essentially used in every situation, including both the power-play and the penalty-kill. I was a little to suprised to see him playing the point on the PP, which is a testament to the kind of shot he has.

I'm pretty excited with what I've read and seen of Cory Emmerton. He kinda reminds me of Evan McGrath, except I think he's a little more responsible in his own end, and I gather he has a better work ethic.

Thanks for the report J-Swift, great read. :thumbup:

He scored 26 goals in 66 games last season, and this season he already has 20 goals in 23 games. It would appear he’s worked on his shot and has become a better scorer.

Cory Emmerton scored twice in the ADT Canada Russia Challenge tonight, leading Team OHL to a 5-0 victory. I watched a bit of the game, and Emmerton looked good. His first goal in particular was pretty nice.

Emmerton paces OHL to win against Russians

There may have been several new faces on the home squad, but it was business as usual for Team OHL as they shutout the Russian Selects 5-0 in the first Ontario game of the ADT Canada-Russia Challenge on Thursday in Sarnia.

Cory Emmerton of the Kingston Frontenacs scored a pair of second period goals to pace the OHL’s offence. He is one of several OHL stars looking for an invitation to Canada’s final selection camp for the World Junior Championships.

“There are a lot of eyes watching – all the scouts and all the Team Canada people,†said the Detroit Red Wings’ prospect, who wasn’t invited to the summer evaluation camp but is looking to use his performance in this series to earn a ticket to Calgary in December. “It’s just important to play your best but (still) play the team game.â€Â

Emmerton scored early in the second period and again on the powerplay later in the frame.

Has Cory broke his leg? He hasn't appeared for Kingston for awhile and

one of my mates told me he has broke a bone in his leg. hope he makes

a speedy recovery if so, was putting up some good numbers this year.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

yep, he's out for 6-8 weeks with that injury

"Had 24 goals, 58 points in 35 games for the Kingston Frontenacs of the OHL before suffering a broken leg that likely will keep him out the rest of the season. Probably two years away from joining the Wings."

This from the Wings assistant GM... bad news.

^Ugh! I was hoping to get a look at Emmerton. Anyone wanna take a guess at Helm's chances of making it?

I heard Jim Nill say that they think Helm could be on the new generation grindline with Mathias and Aebeldenker(sp?).

I heard Jim Nill say that they think Helm could be on the new generation grindline with Mathias and Aebeldenker(sp?).

Helm will be a good one...he won't set the world on fire with offense in the NHL, but he could be a Draper with better offensive upside. Think 04 Draper.

I guess I expected more from these two. Abdelkader was taken with the 42nd pick in the 2005 draft, ahead of Latendresse (lets not go there). And then Matthias, taken with the 47th pick. I guess the first hope is that they’ll make the NHL, but in the back of your mind you want a little more than grind line players with 2nd rounders.