• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:45 AM

Cory Emmerton, Jan Mursak impress Mike Babcock in Red Wings' 3-2 preseason win over Chicago

http://www.mlive.com...oal_assist.html

DETROIT -- Having played together so often, it doesn't take Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg long to mesh.

Their line, which includes Tomas Holmstrom, accounted for two goals Friday as the Detroit Red Wings defeated the Chicago Blackhawks, 3-2, in an exhibition game at Joe Louis Arena.

But the line that impressed Red Wings coach Mike Babcock the most featured three young players who will return to the Grand Rapids Griffins by the end of the preseason.

Cory Emmerton was strong at both ends of the ice, generating some scoring chances, holding onto the puck and doing a good job on the penalty kill. He assisted on a goal by Jan Mursak, who, along with Jordan Owens, used his speed to apply pressure on the Blackhawks defense.

"I thought Cory Emmerton and (Mursak) were fantastic today,'' Babcock said. "Both look like they're going to play and really push our guys, which is a great thing.''

Babcock likened the young forwards to longtime grinders Kris Draper and Kirk Maltby, seeing them as future replacement parts.

"Emmerton has good skill and good vision and sees what's going on out there. And Mursak plays with a lot of speed,'' Babcock said. "They had their team in trouble tonight just with forechecking and pressure.''

Mursak opened the scoring at 2:12 of the first period by firing in the rebound of Emmerton's shot.

"I think Cory Emmerton did a good job shooting for the rebound, and I was in the right place at the right time and put it in,'' Mursak said. "I think we played pretty well together. We were skating good, creating some offense and playing decent in our defensive zone.''

Emmerton said he hasn't played with Mursak and Owens in Grand Rapids but expects they might be on the same line this season.

"Before the game, we talked. We just wanted to play simple, play structured, get pucks on net and be responsible, and I think we used our speed and shot the puck when we had a chance,'' Emmerton said.

"It would be a very good line, (with) a lot of speed, and our chemistry seems to be pretty good. We know where each other is going to go and what they're going to do and what we expect.''

#42 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

22 points in 31 games in GR this season for Cory. I've watched quite a few games and he does pretty well on the PK and defensively as well.

Should be interesting what happens to him next year

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#43 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

22 points in 31 games in GR this season for Cory. I've watched quite a few games and he does pretty well on the PK and defensively as well.

Should be interesting what happens to him next year

The team is definitely better with him in the line-up. Great to see him score the shootout winner in his return game. :thumbup:

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#44 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

Emmerton needs to get called up for a bit instead of Tatar during these injuries. We have to start getting an idea of what he will be for the Wings.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#45 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

Emmerton needs to get called up for a bit instead of Tatar during these injuries. We have to start getting an idea of what he will be for the Wings.

Agreed. Seems Sauce has at least nailed down being a third line player with decent hopes of being a second liner in the near future. It's time to see what Cory has.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#46 swiss_redwingfan

swiss_redwingfan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

Emmerton hit the ice together with Joe Thornton at the Training Camp of the HC Davos, Switzerland
Posted Image

http://www.suedostsc...er-auf-glatteis

#47 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:22 AM

Im usually about giving every player a chance....especially wings draft picks.....but every eye for hockey I have says this kid has nothing....I'm used to be an upper for the wings! but I honestly have no faith in this kid! he'll be gone soon!

#48 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

Im usually about giving every player a chance....especially wings draft picks.....but every eye for hockey I have says this kid has nothing....I'm used to be an upper for the wings! but I honestly have no faith in this kid! he'll be gone soon!

My guess is that he'll be put on Waivers come the end of training camp and if not claimed he'll go back to GR.