• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WesternWing

Stefan Liv made 33 saves, Griffins down Aeros

Rate this topic

Liv + Osgood up this year would make me more happy this year.

Maybe IF Gerber continues to be off like that ONE game, and IF Hasek stays healthy we would get back a young, moderate prospect?

Nice win. Add the big 3-goal comeback Friday to force overtime and the Griffins picked up 3 of a possible 4 points on the road. You have to be happy with that.

Was at the game on Saturday night in Houston, and I have to say it was awesome. Liv did look VERY good for most of the night. He needs to work a bit on his rebound control, as he was forced to make several tough second chances.

Overall, the Griffs looked really good. I think the biggest surprise though was Hussey and Kolanos. It was insane when they'd be skating up the ice, chip the puck behind the defender, and then TURN ON THE JETS to get around them. The speed on Hussey especially was amazing.

I'd have to say though, the low-lite of the game was how one-sided the officiating was. The only powerplays GR got were when the Aeros player was so blatant that they couldn't ignore it. The Aeros, on the other hand, drew multiple penalties by diving, and got away with alot of other stuff. At one point, one of the Griffs was pulled down breaking to the net, and slid in head first. The goalie basically put the guys head between his pads, and sat on him so he couldn't get out. Then when he finally got out, the goalie slashed him a few times for good measure. Also, in the 2nd, the Aeros goalie came out to play the puck behind the net. A Griffs player was pursuing behind the net, and the goalie threw a bodycheck into the Griff as he attempted to avoid the goalie. Again, no call.

One other thing, and maybe you guys can help clear this up. Booter was in the attacking zone, and had just passed the puck, when Stokes from the Aeros skated up, and elbowed him in the face. Booter then fell down, and the whistle blew. They got up, and Booter went to the box for Roughing and Unsportsmanlike, and Stokes went for holding. The officials got someone off the Griffs bench to sit with Booter. He left after 2 minutes, and then Bootland was by himself. The other 2 minutes expired, and still he didn't come out. He was in there for 5 minutes for some reason, and none of the scoresheets or anything mention why. Any ideas what happened there?

All in all though, I had a blast at the game, and was glad we won. It was weird being in enemy territory, I must say.

EDIT: Formatting

Edited by drwscc

Was at the game on Saturday night in Houston, and I have to say it was awesome. Liv did look VERY good for most of the night. He needs to work a bit on his rebound control, as he was forced to make several tough second chances.

Overall, the Griffs looked really good. I think the biggest surprise though was Hussey and Kolanos. It was insane when they'd be skating up the ice, chip the puck behind the defender, and then TURN ON THE JETS to get around them. The speed on Hussey especially was amazing.

I'd have to say though, the low-lite of the game was how one-sided the officiating was. The only powerplays GR got were when the Aeros player was so blatant that they couldn't ignore it. The Aeros, on the other hand, drew multiple penalties by diving, and got away with alot of other stuff. At one point, one of the Griffs was pulled down breaking to the net, and slid in head first. The goalie basically put the guys head between his pads, and sat on him so he couldn't get out. Then when he finally got out, the goalie slashed him a few times for good measure. Also, in the 2nd, the Aeros goalie came out to play the puck behind the net. A Griffs player was pursuing behind the net, and the goalie threw a bodycheck into the Griff as he attempted to avoid the goalie. Again, no call.

One other thing, and maybe you guys can help clear this up. Booter was in the attacking zone, and had just passed the puck, when Stokes from the Aeros skated up, and elbowed him in the face. Booter then fell down, and the whistle blew. They got up, and Booter went to the box for Roughing and Unsportsmanlike, and Stokes went for holding. The officials got someone off the Griffs bench to sit with Booter. He left after 2 minutes, and then Bootland was by himself. The other 2 minutes expired, and still he didn't come out. He was in there for 5 minutes for some reason, and none of the scoresheets or anything mention why. Any ideas what happened there?

All in all though, I had a blast at the game, and was glad we won. It was weird being in enemy territory, I must say.

EDIT: Formatting

Good to hear Liv played so well, and i wonder why howard didn't play, was it because it was back to back nights or what??

The officiating always seems very one sided in Houston when I make it to games. It's strange, because the fans here always boo the moment the officials touch the ice before they've even done anything and whine about every call against them, even though there are always tons that don't get called. Can't explain it really. If I were a ref, I don't think that would exactly encourage me to be biased FOR the Aeros...