• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wingsfan28__

Daniel Larsson

Rate this topic

Guest wingsfan28__

ive been checkin some prospects and he seems to be like the only one playing well so far , granted its only 3 games but i hope he plays well and turns out to be a henrik lunqvist , one can only dream huh lol gotta need to him to break out incase , god forbid howard doesnt pan out

2006-2007 Djurgården Elitserien 3 1.66 .939

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=1284

Larsson is too small right now to come over to NA. RWC has him at 6'0 170. Which probably means in reality he is around 5'11 and 165.

Bottom Line: He needs to put on about 25-30 pounds in the next couple seasons and needs to proove he can be the starter for Djurgården.

Larsson is too small right now to come over to NA. RWC has him at 6'0 170. Which probably means in reality he is around 5'11 and 165.

Bottom Line: He needs to put on about 25-30 pounds in the next couple seasons and needs to proove he can be the starter for Djurgården.

Osgood is listed at 178. Vernon was listed as low as 155. Those guys are Cup winners. You don't have to be a hulking brute (lookin at you, Kolzig) to be a successful goalie.

He's not gonna be 170 after 2-3 yrs. He'll be fine.

Osgood is listed at 178. Vernon was listed as low as 155. Those guys are Cup winners. You don't have to be a hulking brute (lookin at you, Kolzig) to be a successful goalie.

Those 97 and 98 teams had a lot more skill, leadership, and hall-of-famers on them than this team does. Goaltenders were able to make up for there size with biggerpadding also then.

hes a goaltender, upperbody muscle is not that big of an issue. im sure hell be working out but nothing, an i mean nothing at all to get worried about. goalies dont look like players. they are about quikness and stamina, and bulgy muscles could hinder their reflexes. as long as he is strong on the puck hell be fine.

Those 97 and 98 teams had a lot more skill, leadership, and hall-of-famers on them than this team does. Goaltenders were able to make up for there size with biggerpadding also then.

i'm sorry have you ever seen dominik hasek without his pads? Goaltending is the one positon in hockey where size is normally not an issue as long as your not abnormally small.

Guest wingsfan28__

looks like he had another great game cause his stats went up

2006-2007 Djurgården Elitserien 4 1.77 0.940

940 save percentage , i know its still early but man i hope he becomes something special , we can never have too many good goaltending

Edited by wingsfan28__

looks like he had another great game cause his stats went up

2006-2007 Djurgården Elitserien 4 1.77 0.940

940 save percentage , i know its still early but man i hope he becomes something special , we can never have too many good goaltending

Wow. So far so great. He was supposed to be the backup initially, but looks like he's getting a chance more often. Exactly what the wings were hoping for.

how bout this? Hes a kid...give him a few years at home before you even start talking about bringing him over to NA. man. Very awesome to see our Swedish scout get another steal.

Guest wingsfan28__

2006-2007 Djurgården Elitserien 5 1.80 .937

looks like he had another great game lol , his save percentage barely went down , must of allowed a goal

man if he turns out to be another lundqvist we'll be lucky

2006-2007 Djurgården Elitserien 5 1.80 .937

looks like he had another great game lol , his save percentage barely went down , must of allowed a goal

man if he turns out to be another lundqvist we'll be lucky

He's the starter now, since the supposed #1 goalie is struggling. Another good news for the wings is that nicklas backstrom (#5 pick this yr), the eventual linemate of ovechkin is also playing on that team. It should make larsson more confident and most importantly be able to win.

Osgood wore the same size pads then as now.

Here's Ozzie in 1998.

IPB Image

Here's Ozzie now:

IPB Image

As you can see, his pads are the same size.

Guest wingsfan28__

dont see nicklas backstrom on his team

i do see par backer.......lofberg and dick xelsson who unfortunetly isnt playing

Player Pos Born Ht Wt L/R Ctrct

Daniel Larsson G 1986-02-07 183 77 L 07/08

Teemu Lassila G 1983-03-26 184 86 L 06/07

Stefan Ridderwall G 1988-03-05 187 86 L 06/07

Fredrik Ericson D 1981-01-22 188 90 L 07/08

Thomas Johansson D 1970-08-18 185 92 L 07/08

Martin Lindman D 1974-03-27 183 87 L 06/07

Jonas Liwing D 1983-01-29 179 85 R 07/08

Dennis Persson D 1988-06-02 186 85 L 07/08

Timmy Pettersson D 1977-03-15 188 87 L 06/07

Ronnie Pettersson D 1971-03-06 193 98 L 06/07

Alexander Ribbenstrand D 1987-01-09 184 86 L 06/07

Morten Ask F 1980-05-14 185 91 L 07/08

Dick Axelsson F 1987-04-25 189 80 L 07/08

Fredrik Bremberg F 1973-06-21 183 92 L 08/09

Pär Bäcker F 1982-01-04 186 81 L 07/08

Nicklas Danielsson F 1984-12-07 185 83 R 07/08

Christian Eklund F 1977-07-24 181 86 L 07/08

Andreas Engqvist F 1987-12-23 190 89 R 07/08

Nichlas Falk F 1971-02-03 183 91 L 07/08

Patric Hörnqvist F 1987-01-01 180 81 R 06/07

Christofer Löfberg F 1986-10-11 191 88 R 06/07

Kristofer Ottosson F 1976-01-09 179 85 L 06/07

Christopher Thörn F 1986-07-20 190 86 L 06/07

Dragan Umicevic F 1984-10-09 185 89 R 06/07

Jimmie Ölvestad F 1980-02-16 184 87 L 06/07

Dick Axelsson probably isn't playing because of a transfer dispute between Djurgården and his former club Huddinge. Huddinge is demanding a transfer fee of 500,000 SEK ($70,000), and Djurgården is refusing to give them that money.

Also, Pär Bäcker might be finding his game again after getting burned out in Färjestad. He has 6 pts in 10 games centering the 2nd line with playmaking vet Fredrik Bremberg and Nashville draftee Patric Hörnqvist on the wings.

Edited by Systemfel

He's the starter now, since the supposed #1 goalie is struggling. Another good news for the wings is that nicklas backstrom (#5 pick this yr), the eventual linemate of ovechkin is also playing on that team. It should make larsson more confident and most importantly be able to win.

Backstrom and Larsson plays for different teams. Brynas and Djurgarden respectively.

Guest wingsfan28__

i been checkin this swedish website all the time to check if larsson bounced back from a game ,and well on redwings central it has him playin 10 games so far instead of 6 where i saw , anyways this is what it says ...........

Goaltender Daniel Larsson (Djurgardens, Swedish Elite League) continues to post spectacular numbers. He has the Sweden’s best save percentage (.941) and the second-best goals-against average (1.68) in 10 starts.

941% save percentage , wow .......i know its still early , but man i hope this kid becomes a great one

http://griffinshockey.com/team/roster/inde...l?player_id=119

Lives in Boden, Sweden…Hockey idol as a youth was Ed Belfour…Plans to start his own construction company after playing career…Most exciting thing he’s done is drive snowmobiles with friends in the Swedish mountains near the Arctic Circle…Also speaks Swedish…Played golf growing up…Once met the king of Sweden…Favorite food is Chinese…Favorite movie is Gone in Sixty Seconds...Favorite TV show is Heroes…Favorite sport to watch besides hockey is the World Rally Championship.

Why are some of the Swedish prospects going back home? Sure, a part of it is that they're just not that good. But why does the AHL get such a bad rap to some European players? Nothing to learn in terms of skill level?

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/09/wings_prospect_daniel_larsson.html

With all the ranting and raving I've done over the last twenty-four hours, I need an "aside" here: Even as I blather along, I do take note of and attempt to learn from constructive criticism sent my way. It's an essential part of working on becoming a better blogger and a better writer, and I can certainly tell you that I had to learn to accept the same kind of, "You can do this better" criticism when I was a goaltender...

Which is why I find myself feeling frustrated as I read Expressen's Anders Borgstrom and Victor Melander report that HV71 goaltender and Red Wings prospect Daniel Larsson left HV's European Trophy quarterfinal (European teams play in tournaments and compete for trophies during their pre-seasons, playing against teams from other European professional leagues) victory over Farjestads BK with dehydration cramps.

Larsson's suffered from that problem since before the Wings drafted him, and he's never really addressed it, just as he hasn't addressed concerns about his still rake-thin skinny body and less-than-durable musculature, his tendency to stay too far back in his crease, etc. etc. Larsson even signed with HV71 very specifically so he could work with a goalie coach who wouldn't, "Steer me toward everything exactly in the way that he wants me to play," and would, "At the contrary we will be deciding together what I need to work on," which is what he told Marie Hallman when he signed with HV.

Larsson's an excellent goaltender who still has NHL potential and is playing on a powerhouse team in HV71, but he remains a bit thin, a bit frail, and a bit thin-skinned in his stubborn refusal to accept constructive criticism.

Edited by titanium2

Guest Stolberg

22GP - 2.11 GAA - 925 SV% - 2SO

Elitserien's site doesn't list the wins and losses.

Edited by Stolberg