• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:15 AM

Why are some of the Swedish prospects going back home? Sure, a part of it is that they're just not that good. But why does the AHL get such a bad rap to some European players? Nothing to learn in terms of skill level?

#22 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

http://blog.mlive.co...el_larsson.html

With all the ranting and raving I've done over the last twenty-four hours, I need an "aside" here: Even as I blather along, I do take note of and attempt to learn from constructive criticism sent my way. It's an essential part of working on becoming a better blogger and a better writer, and I can certainly tell you that I had to learn to accept the same kind of, "You can do this better" criticism when I was a goaltender...

Which is why I find myself feeling frustrated as I read Expressen's Anders Borgstrom and Victor Melander report that HV71 goaltender and Red Wings prospect Daniel Larsson left HV's European Trophy quarterfinal (European teams play in tournaments and compete for trophies during their pre-seasons, playing against teams from other European professional leagues) victory over Farjestads BK with dehydration cramps.

Larsson's suffered from that problem since before the Wings drafted him, and he's never really addressed it, just as he hasn't addressed concerns about his still rake-thin skinny body and less-than-durable musculature, his tendency to stay too far back in his crease, etc. etc. Larsson even signed with HV71 very specifically so he could work with a goalie coach who wouldn't, "Steer me toward everything exactly in the way that he wants me to play," and would, "At the contrary we will be deciding together what I need to work on," which is what he told Marie Hallman when he signed with HV.

Larsson's an excellent goaltender who still has NHL potential and is playing on a powerhouse team in HV71, but he remains a bit thin, a bit frail, and a bit thin-skinned in his stubborn refusal to accept constructive criticism.

Edited by titanium2, 17 September 2010 - 10:30 PM.

#23 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:57 AM

http://detnews.com/a...-Wings--goalies

No Larsson. <_<

#24 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

22GP - 2.11 GAA - 925 SV% - 2SO

Elitserien's site doesn't list the wins and losses.

Edited by Stolberg, 02 December 2010 - 01:49 PM.

#25 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:24 PM

22GP - 2.11 GAA - 925 SV% - 2SO

Elitserien's site doesn't list the wins and losses.

well we know for sure that he won 2 games

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

well we know for sure that he won 2 games

You get a shut out for 0-0 shootout loses right?

Edited by Konnan511, 04 December 2010 - 03:26 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#27 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

Is he even a possibility when Ozzie retires. We are going to need another goalie. I know the Nabokov thing is going on right now but no garuntee he'll stay past this season. Just wondering what all our possibilities are right now.