• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

HockeyBay?

Rate this topic

Just checked HockeyBay.com and its up and running! And sorry there is a good base of fans now, selling out the St. Pete times forum most of 2006/07 season!

Also check out Check out HockeyBash ! Bash on Sharks fans!

Great a hockey bash site, just what we need :P So is it impossible to get banned from HockeyBash? :lol:

I notice that there are 44 posts bashing the Wings but only 11 bashing the Sharks.

I am a WIngs fan also, but it's hard for me to rag on their team for giving their name that when the Wings started calling themselves HockeyTown. I like the Wings did that and the name is fitting, but it's hard to say Detroit was the only deserving team have that name. You have passionate fans from every team, especially the Canadian teams. You could make a case for Hockeytown in Montreal, and especially Toronto.

1) Why is Toronto more fitting for 'Hockeytown' than Montreal? The Cup has been awarded 113 times. A team from Montreal has been the winner 58 times. That's INSANE.

2) The complete nickname is actually 'Hockeytown, U.S.A' and Detroit is easily the most qualified to wear that title.

I was watching a little bit of the Tampa Bay/Atlanta game last night and noticed something "interesting". Check out the logo at Center Ice. I know this image is tough to see, but it was the best one I could find.

IPB Image

For those of you that are having trouble, it says "Hockey Bay". Now, I'm not trying to be arrogant, so don't flame me. However, does anyone else kind of find this as a really lame attempt at making Tampa Bay out to be hockey crazed city. No offense, but it's not like Tampa Bay has any competition for distinction as "Hockey Bay" seeing as that they are the only "Bay" in the NHL.

Thoughts........

so? do we really have to bash non-traditional hockey markets every time they try to market hockey?

so? do we really have to bash non-traditional hockey markets every time they try to market hockey?

Agreed...I don't think you can really argue with the fact that TB's been maybe the 2nd most successful Sun Belt market (behind Dallas) in terms of both marketing and on-ice product. I don't care what tickets cost, 19,876 per this season is damn impressive. If having a lame knock-off like Hockey Bay, USA is what it takes to have a strong franchise in a non-traditional market (for a change), I say go nuts.

Tampa has a pretty strong fan following down there. I see nothing wrong with the name HockeyBay. Besides, the name Hockeytown is strangely associated with a city that has a bigger baseball/football following anyways. So I guess the Wings are in the same boat for marketing slogans then.

That must be a old photo anyway.

I'm a Tampa Bay fan, not as much as my girlfriend though. She reminded me that they changed it. It no longer says HockeyBay, but instead, they went back to the Tampa Bay Lightning logo....

They have had one of the best attendences in the NHL this year. What really hurt them is the year they won the Cup their was the lockout. So the idea they were the defending champs wasn't as strong. Obviously, they were because they won the Cup last, but since the cap was added, guys retireing over that whole year, free agent signings, etc every team looked a lot different than a typical off season. So the momentum was pretty much gone. But the fans still came and should be for a very long time. Hopefully they don't trade Lecavalier. His name comes up every off season and especially every year before the trade deadline. He's the face of the team. Stranger things have happened though.

Agreed...I don't think you can really argue with the fact that TB's been maybe the 2nd most successful Sun Belt market (behind Dallas) in terms of both marketing and on-ice product. I don't care what tickets cost, 19,876 per this season is damn impressive. If having a lame knock-off like Hockey Bay, USA is what it takes to have a strong franchise in a non-traditional market (for a change), I say go nuts.

Once again, I just found this to be a lame gimmick. Nothing more. The fact that they are a non-traditional hockey market is irrelevant.

No need to read into something that isn't there and something I didn't intend for.

People love to bash WINNERS.

Maybe after the Sharks win about 10 more cups than they have now (zero) people will start more bashing threads about them.

Great a hockey bash site, just what we need :P So is it impossible to get banned from HockeyBash? :lol:

I notice that there are 44 posts bashing the Wings but only 11 bashing the Sharks.

http://www.hockeybay.com/

^ Nope, doesn't look like it!

However, www.icehockeybay.com is available.

Who here is good with computers and wants to help me with getting this rolling? Seriously!

Damn that the website is actually kinda cool. I know its not theit official one, but I wish we had a fun energetic website (other than ours of course) or actually better yet ... on this site, and location with best of clips, video montages, music, all the good stuff. When I grad and actually earn some coin, I'll throw some money back into my favorite site and we'll see what happens.

Damn that the website is actually kinda cool. I know its not theit official one, but I wish we had a fun energetic website (other than ours of course) or actually better yet ... on this site, and location with best of clips, video montages, music, all the good stuff. When I grad and actually earn some coin, I'll throw some money back into my favorite site and we'll see what happens.

i bet if you threw your money into LGW instead, matt could likely

come up with even more bells and whistles for this site.

i like simple but i know i'm in the minority.

just a thought. LGW could use the support.

I don't see anything wrong with this. Anything a team can do to grow the game in it's area should be done. We don't have the luxery of football or even basketball. Hockey needs publicity. The simple fact that we are talking about it shows that it is working. More teams should be as forward thinking as Tampa Bay.

People love to bash WINNERS.

Maybe after the Sharks win about 10 more cups than they have now (zero) people will start more bashing threads about them.

If the Pittsburgh Penguins ever win a Cup, that will be the exact opposite. The NHL will come and arrest you if you dare bash Crosby.

If the Pittsburgh Penguins ever win a Cup, that will be the exact opposite. The NHL will come and arrest you if you dare bash Crosby.

I do agree. This is a rule that should be enforced. I would take it a step further and enforce it starting next season, instead of waiting until they win the Cup. It may be another few years before the Pens win the Cup.