• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

UWO_Winger

Lang is Lazy and He Sucks

Rate this topic

I agree that Lang is a clutch player. He did have a quite year last year were he did put up about 60 points. You just don’t notice it until the end of the season. I was guilty of trashing Lang last year and when I looked at his stats I did a double take and realized that he truly is a quite leader on the ice who puts up numbers in the regular season and is a big time playoff contributor.

He will be fine and will put up good numbers this year. Everyone just relax!!!

Lang is lazy and he sucks :) period

two facts:

- he played mediocre (for a player of his calibre) in 2005-06 regular season

- he was impact player in playoffs and could make it to an MVP if the rest of the team had responded better

for me he's worth the money he gets. sure, I'm not gonna give up on "Lang is lazy and he sucks " because it's already grown into LGW tradition :D but the guy earned my respect in playoffs. he's higher on my list of "best of Red Wings" than Datsyuk for now

Lang has been solid. He's worth what we are paying him. He draws attention from the other team helping his teammates and when they don't he makes them pay and he showed up for the playoffs last year, unlike most of his teammates.

Also, he has a better attitude then his bashers on this site who need to pay more attention to the games besides watching the puck and saying "ohhh" when the Wings shoot and don't score.

Heaton, where are you? Your internet police skillZ are needed, but it seems that you are picking and choosing which threads you're trying to censor.

I'm not a moderator, please send a PM to Matt if you have concerns about why some threads are deleted and some stay. In your case, your thread was about the game that night, therefore it should've been posted in the GDT. But, I'm with you, this thread holds no purpose either, this subject has already been talked about enough.

i dont see why people are bitching about lang... he puts up points when it counts, plus wins clutch face-offs! not everyone has a fast start and not everyone has spectacular years. If Lang get 50-60 pts and wins a fair share of face-offs it'll be a good season for him

i dont see why people are bitching about lang... he puts up points when it counts, plus wins clutch face-offs! not everyone has a fast start and not everyone has spectacular years. If Lang get 50-60 pts and wins a fair share of face-offs it'll be a good season for him

If I may correct that: If Lang puts up 50-60 pts this season, it will be an average season. The guy is Mr. Consistency. He was excited when he got to the Wings, and he has put up great numbers. Wait, you guys are right, there are so many things I hate about Lang,

1. He is putting up great numbers with less minutes than our other stars,

2. He went from carrying a team to being an afterthought and he hasn't bitched once to the media,

3. He has been called, by Shanny, one of the strongest players on our team,

4. He is a well liked player, and a team player...

The list goes on and on. This sights reputation is dragged down by all the bitching.

I don't know, why?

Wow, I'm stung!

You read a thread you weren't interested in. You then actually posted that you weren't interested in the thread. Then you asked someone take care of preventing threads that don't interest you even when they are clearly titled.

I am saying what, why is a question you need to answer.

When signing him did we not expect better? When we signed him, he was THE breakthrough player in the league. When we got him, he was on pace for 96 points, give or take. That's what we expected from him. However, we have him at the exact price he's worth, in the high 3 million dollar range, and in my opinion he hands down gets the title of being the best 3rd line center in the league.

Then you asked someone take care of preventing threads that don't interest you even when they are clearly titled.

I am saying what, why is a question you need to answer.

I did?

When signing him did we not expect better? When we signed him, he was THE breakthrough player in the league. When we got him, he was on pace for 96 points, give or take. That's what we expected from him. However, we have him at the exact price he's worth, in the high 3 million dollar range, and in my opinion he hands down gets the title of being the best 3rd line center in the league.

Lang was also playing 1st line minutes on Washington, he was getting at least 6 less minutes here a night. You can't expect him to do the same thing in Washington without the same amount of icetime.

I agree with you. And this is normal for players picked up by the Wings. The Caps were a bad team and he had nothing to do but go for stats. I dont' recall him being a +/- leader. Now he has to play D and work within a system of good players. We don't want his goal stats because that would mean sacrificing teamwork on O and goals on D, things that weren't an issue with the Caps.

I did?

Lang was also playing 1st line minutes on Washington, he was getting at least 6 less minutes here a night. You can't expect him to do the same thing in Washington without the same amount of icetime.

Then why not give him the same amount of ice time? Why sign the league's leading scorer (at the time) when your only going to give him less ice time than such guys as Datsyuk, Hull, Shanahan, Zetterberg, Yzerman, etc.? Now that I think about it, why did they sign him in the first place, when stardom was already there?

Guest Crymson

Gordie Howe is lazy and he sucks. Seriously, what has he done lately?

No kidding.. but honestly, Gretzky is twice as lazy! His team was getting massacred last night, and he refused to take ANY time on the ice!!!! What a slob.

The Caps were a bad team and he had nothing to do but go for stats.

Yet, a lot of folks are amazed that Ovechkin can put up the points while playing for such a poor team and wonder how much he could be on a better team. I just think it is funny, I have seen the argument so many times, his stats could be better if he played on a better team, then the opposite, his stats are high because he is the only good player on the team.....

Then why not give him the same amount of ice time? Why sign the league's leading scorer (at the time) when your only going to give him less ice time than such guys as Datsyuk, Hull, Shanahan, Zetterberg, Yzerman, etc.? Now that I think about it, why did they sign him in the first place, when stardom was already there?

Replace Fedorov, basically.

I watched Lang closely last night because of all the crap on this board about him. He did alright as far as I'm concerned. He had 4 SOGs, one of them being a slam dunk that CuJo just made a great save on, he had 2 assists and was a plus three. He drove down the middle quite a few times, drawing guys to him and then dishing the puck. He's coming right along with the rest of the team.

No worries!

esteef

Yet, a lot of folks are amazed that Ovechkin can put up the points while playing for such a poor team and wonder how much he could be on a better team. I just think it is funny, I have seen the argument so many times, his stats could be better if he played on a better team, then the opposite, his stats are high because he is the only good player on the team.....

Not clear what your point was, so I can't say I disagree with it. I said we want him to play within a team while in DC he could go for stats. Did you disagree with that?