• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:58 PM

NOTICE: If you are not on the active roster for the LGW.com Red Wings, please do not take part in this vote. Thanks in advance for your cooperation
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#2 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:01 PM

Hmmm...that's a tough one. I can understand why penalties would be negative, since it puts us short handed and gives the opponent a chance to score with the extra man. However, depending on the circumstances, enforcers are sometimes needed when the other team takes a cheap shot at one of our members. A roughing penalty is sometimes warranted.

Generally though, I consider penalties as a negative, so I'll have to go with that consensus.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#3 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:20 PM

Ha, I made that comment half joking! I didn't realize I'd create a whole new poll and debate!

Really I don't care. As a defenseman, I think it's important to make hits, even if you might get the occassional penalty. I'm there to kick some ass if I need to! wink.gif
And I wonder
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

#4 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(MSUDoubleJ19 @ October 12, 2006 - 02:20PM) View Post

Really I don't care. As a defenseman, I think it's important to make hits, even if you might get the occassional penalty.

No doubt that's imporant and there are times of the game where a penalty is needed, but the majority of them don't help the team, and that's what I was getting at.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#5 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:56 PM

Once again, I am a contradiction. I am a firm believer in, shall we say, "physicality", but I voted against PIMs being a favorable stat considering we don't have anyone on the team capable of making it count.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#6 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:59 PM

I say no way.

Posted Image

#7 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:36 PM

Usually I'd vote no, but I say yes it should favor them because she helped me a lot with my English paper. tongue.gif

Edited by hockeycrazy3033, 12 October 2006 - 10:42 PM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#8 German Red Wing

German Red Wing

Night Owl

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE(vladdy16 @ October 13, 2006 - 02:56AM) View Post

Once again, I am a contradiction. I am a firm believer in, shall we say, "physicality", but I voted against PIMs being a favorable stat considering we don't have anyone on the team capable of making it count.

I'll second that.
[insert signature here]

#9 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE(vladdy16 @ October 12, 2006 - 07:56PM) View Post

clap.gif

#10 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:57 PM

Ha ha, I voted for favorable..but I guess they aren't. They just always are in fantasy biggrin.gif

Posted Image

#11 DaKineMaui

DaKineMaui

Alii Nui

• Gold Booster
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:17 PM

The old days? Yup......PMs should be sign of hard skating.

In this NNHL? Had to vote no. Stay outta da box and odds are heavy that you get the 'W'.

aloha