• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Jakub Kindl

Rate this topic

i saw them play hamilton tonight. 1-0 loss. it wasn't a very exciting game. i didnt see anything besides some good goaltending. the griffs just do not have that scoring touch this season

How was Howard? Looking at his stats he's been on fire lately, too bad the team can't score.

jimmy played fantastic. he got one of the stars of the game, made like 33 of 34 saves, with the 1 goal coming on a PP. he was absolutely teriffic, but the griffins do not score. they have 1... ONE, player on the team with more than 10 goals.

jimmy played fantastic. he got one of the stars of the game, made like 33 of 34 saves, with the 1 goal coming on a PP. he was absolutely teriffic, but the griffins do not score. they have 1... ONE, player on the team with more than 10 goals.

Thanks for that mate, that's very encouraging.

Howard played quite poorly in November but he was outstanding during Decemeber posting numbers of 1.72 GAA and 0.939 S%. His form of late has been one of the few positives to come from the Griffins season.

Kindl should either be packaged in a deadline deal or given a chance to be moved up to forward. There's some things i don't think you can't teach in hockey: two are offensive prowess/playmaking and the anticipation and judgement/poise needed for sound defensive play. Evidence for the latter?

Lilja and Fischer played with Nick Lidstrom for a couple of years and never caught from the best. Period. End of story.

1. He's not going anywhere

2. He needs at least another full year in the minors

3. It's not like the red Wings need him now and can't afford to let him get better at what he does.

Kindl has always been slow to adjust to a step up in competition and that is why I'm not too concerned with his development. And from tonight's game...

2 - MTB Bolduc, 4:33 - Fighting , 5 min

2 - GRA Kindl, 4:33 - Fighting , 5 min

Give him time folks. :thumbup:

1. He's not going anywhere

2. He needs at least another full year in the minors

3. It's not like the red Wings need him now and can't afford to let him get better at what he does.

Yes they do... they are decimated. If he was any good, he'd be playing tonight. If they are playing it smart, they will not expose him to ridicule in the NHL and will deal him at the deadline for a scorer or more D.

Seeing as though this thread isn’t that old, I thought I might as well just bump it. He’s the latest prospect to be featured in an article at RWC:

Link

RWC REPORT: Kindl making sophomore strides

Jakub Kindl is looking like a first-round draft pick again.

The 21-year-old defenseman and former 19th overall pick of the Detroit Red Wings is showing signs of having a turnaround year as an American Hockey League sophomore with the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Kindl, who had an AHL-worst minus-34 last season in a rocky rookie campaign, has three goals and five assists through 14 games.

"All aspects of his game, he's taken up a notch and he seems a lot more comfortable with the puck on his stick and a lot more comfortable in terms of making passes," said Griffins general manager Bob McNamara. "There was a lot more uncertainty last year. He's definitely taken it to another level."

The 6-foot-3, 202-pound Jiri Fischer-type has seen more ice time than in his rookie year and has also shown more poise on the power play. He'll become the main man in Grand Rapids whenever Jonathan Ericsson graduates to Detroit.

Kindl was one of the best defensemen in junior hockey with the Kitchener Rangers in 2006-07, finishing as runner-up to Marc Staal for the Ontario Hockey League's most outstanding defenseman award. McNamara called higher confidence "a big part" of Kindl's improvement in the professional ranks.

"That leads to better passes and better decision making," he said.

Kindl was the first star in Friday's 3-2 win over the Hartford Wolf Pack.

Out of all the prospects we have in our system, he's the guy I want to make it the most. I reckon I’ve followed every single box score he’s played in since we drafted him.

so how far away is this kid?

Getting closer by the day. Had 17 points in 75 games last season, he's got 14 in 25 this season. Defensively he is much improved making smarter choices and being more composed. And obviously, the offence is now coming too.

I highly doubt he'll be in Detroit next season, it'll be Ericsson's turn to be promoted. But Kindl should be ready by next season and he'll probably be the teams #1 defenceman.

Kindl's quest is to think positive

Blueliner wants to stay on the plus side of scoring stats

BY GEORGE SIPPLE

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Defenseman Jakub Kindl hopes to be heading in a positive direction this season.

Two seasons ago, Kindl played his first full season with the Grand Rapids Griffins and had a minus-34 rating in 75 games with 17 points and 82 penalty minutes. Last season, he was minus-14 in 78 games with 33 points and 76 penalty minutes.

In the first four exhibition games he played for the Wings he had an even rating and is hoping to stay on the right side of zero this season.

"I'm 22 years old. This is my third year. I've been trying lately to work on my D-zone converage," said Kindl, the 19th overall pick in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. "So far I've been feeling pretty good. Just trying to do my job.

"Definitely this is a really important year for me. I'd like to play solid defense and stay positive."

While Kindl deferred to fellow defensemen Jonathan Ericsson and Garrett Stafford last season, the Griffins expect him to be a leader on the back end this season.

"I think it's a big year for him making certain he's a plus guy," said Griffins general manager Bob McNamara. "He's going to get an opportunity to be a call-up guy.

"Consistency is the biggest thing for him. He needs to get the puck off his stick as quick as possible. This is the year we expect him to provide some leadership on the blue line. He's going to have to be more assertive."

Kindl is encouraged by the progress he made in his two seasons with the Griffins and from spending time in camp with some of the best defensemen in the world, like Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom.

"He makes the simple plays and sees the ice well and knows where to be," Kindl said of watching Lidstrom. "He's just all over the place. He knows where to be at the right time. That's probably why he's the best defenseman in the world."

If he has the kind of season he's capable of, Kindl could be one of the best defenseman in the American Hockey League this season.

"I came down here a month early and was training with Justin (Abdelkader) at Michigan State," Kindl said. "It helped me a lot and I feel much better now."

Kindl is hoping to get an opportunity to play for the Wings at some point this season.

"I've been in this organization, I think this is my fifth year," Kindl said. "As I'm getting older, I'm feeling I'm getting closer to the lineup. If I don't make the team, life's not going to end. I'm going to go down to Grand Rapids and play a lot of minutes down there.

"There's not many guys in the league that have the chance to put the Red Wings jersey on. That's my dream. To be a part of the success they have here."

http://www.freep.com/article/20090927/SPOR...0589/1053/rss17

http://griffinshockey.com/team/roster/inde...ml?player_id=58

Lives in Sumperk, Czech Republic…Best friends in hockey are teammates Justin Abdelkader and Mattias Ritola…Greatest hockey memory is being with the Red Wings during their 2008 Stanley Cup run…Hockey idol as a youth was Nicklas Lidstrom…First job was cutting grass…Most exciting place he’s ever visited is Crete…Also speaks Czech…Played soccer and tennis growing up…Once met Kid Rock…Favorite restaurant is the Bull’s Head Tavern…Favorite music artists are U2 and Coldplay…Favorite movie is You Don’t Mess With The Zohan…Favorite vacation spot is Lake Michigan…Roots for the Michigan State Spartans…Favorite sport to watch besides hockey is tennis.