• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Jakub Kindl

Rate this topic

Thought we should discuss our best defensive prospect in the 2006/07 OHL season.

He got off to a slow start to the season, only putting up 3 points in his first 7 games, but tonight he has 2 assists, is +1 and has 2 PIM’s.

the reason for his point totals being low are because of the loss of offense on the team. mcgrath, lashoff, vlabik, and kanko are all gone i believe. i watched the game against sarnia which the rangers lost 5-4 and he looked really good moving the puck.

Kindl almost made Red Wings out of training camp ...

Jakub Kindl almost followed in the footsteps of Jiri Fischer this season.

The 6-foot-3, 202-pound defenseman appeared in four National Hockey League exhibition games and almost cracked the Detroit Red Wings’ opening-night roster. He would have become the first 19-year-old to make the Red Wings out of training camp since Fischer in 1999-2000.

Link

Considering that Kindl almost made the Wings this season, what are the chances of him making the roster next season? Or do you think they’ll let him develop further in the AHL?

Anyway Jakub has 24 points in 23 games this season. He is also +8 and has 60 PIM’s. He appears to be having a good season but I would love to hear from those that have seen him play.

The kid is a lock for the Wings next year,

no doubt about it in my view. He is currently

3rd overall on D in the OHL, 5+22=27 62pim

and a +9 rating in 25 games. With Quincey also

in line for the big league next season and the

young big Ericsson opening eyes in GR, the Wings

future D looks like it could be set for a few years

with some big prospects. Add to that the Lebda and

Kronvall guys already tied to multiyear contract's,

and again we're looking solid on the blueline.

The World Junior Championships get underway in a few hours and the Czech Republic are up against Russia first up.

If any team has the best chance of beating the Canadians it is the Czech Republic. From top to bottom, they have strength at all positions. If the Czechs can play well as a unit, they have a shot to win it all.

They are led by Jakub Kindl, a first-round pick of Detroit Red Wings in 2005. The remaining four of Tomas Kudelka, Jakub Vojta, Jiri Suchy and Michael Kolarz will log the majority of the ice time in all situations.

Link

Good luck to Jakub! :thumbup:

Jeez, how good is this guy? In the WJC forum on HF boards there's a small amount of people putting Kindl as one of the top2 defensemen in the WJC..

He was considered a top-5 prospect for the 2005 draft heading into the 2004-05 season. Being stuck low on the depth chart on a team full of offensively capable defensemen hurt his numbers in his draft season and allowed the Wings to pick him up. The next season, when he received more ice time, he showed the same kind of form that was getting him ranked top five. This year, he's doing even better.

People were complaining and saying Holland picked 'just another euro' instead of someone like Blunden or Latendresse....

How many people are still upset we drafted Kindl?

Why is Kindl stuck in juniors? Why is he ineligible to get into AHL?

If you play in CHL, you can't play in AHL until you are 20.

Mursak's decision to play for Saginaw meant he couldn't jump to the AHL for two years...had he not laced up for the Spirit, he'd be playing for Grand Rapids right now.

If Mursak puts on a few lb he'll skip GR straight to the Wings

anyway in my view. Still I wouldn't want him to put the weight

on if it slowed him down thou.

Mursak is a couple years away. He'll likely play out his eligibility in juniors, followed by perhaps a season or two in the AHL before he hits the Wings.

According to the Kitchener Waterloo Record, the Red Wings' top defense prospect, Jakub Kindl, was jeered by his team's fans after icing the puck on the power play at a recent Ontario Hockey League game. "I thought it was disgraceful," Kitchener coach Peter DeBoer told the Record. "This is a kid that came over here at 17. He didn't speak the language. He didn't ask for anything other than an opportunity to play. He's one of the most skilled players I've ever coached. He's one of the hardest workers. I've never been embarrassed to be the coach of the Kitchener Rangers behind the bench until tonight."

And an opinion letter, written by Gerry Hartman.

Link

My wife and I were among the 6,000- plus fans at the Aud Sunday night for the Kitchener Rangers game against Sudbury.

It is beyond me how fans cannot appreciate the efforts of Rangers player Jakub Kindl, or what he means to the team. This is a player who represented the Czech Republic, was their captain; and has been called the best defenceman in the OHL, and possibly even the Canadian Hockey League. Certainly, the Detroit Red Wings saw something in him, as does Ranger coach Peter DeBoer.

It's one thing to be critical of a player's level of play, but it is quite another to boo or jeer them. There is no way a player of Kindl's calibre should ever be booed. No disrespect to the other defencemen, but Kindl is the heart and soul of the Rangers' blueline crew.

I'd like to offer my apologies to Kindl,DeBoer and the entire team. As fans and season ticket holders, my wife and I very much appreciate these young men and the effort they put forth. Unfortunately, there will always be "fair weather" fans as well.

That's shocking. Lets hope it doesn't affect his play too much.

Guest wingsrule_s_

the wings said kindl almost made the team right off training camp .........anyone here think he should be on the team next year ??

i think he should just for the fact that he'd be around one of the best defencemen in nhl history ....lidstrom obviously , wouldnt hurt to get a few pointers from chelios as well if he comes back , if hes good enough let him come instead of sending him down cause hes not "22 or 23" like most of our rookies are when they come up , learning from lidstrom and chelios would be HUGE and kronwall and kindl can be a great future wings duo because of it

what are your thoughts ?? bring him up next season or not ?

I'm guessing if he almost made it from this year's training camp... Yeah.

I think the kid would be better off playing a year in Grand Rapids. He's young..why rush him? The AHL will stll be a big step up for him, so it's not like his game will go stale. With recent comments by Wings management saying that they aren't going to rush Jimmy Howard, I think they should take that into consideration with Kindl.