• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Jakub Kindl

Rate this topic

I'm guessing if he almost made it from this year's training camp... Yeah.

he is likley to anquer our defence in the future and since he came very close last year they will almost certainly put him right to the wings, its not really rushing them since most first rounders make the team after 2-3 years of being drafted

KIT Kindl, 16:58 - Checking to the Head , 5 min (PP).

:o:clap::D

He also has an assist, 47 points in 45 games.

"Kitchener veteran defenceman Jakub Kindl was kicked out of the game and assessed a major penalty for a head check on London's Robbie Drummond late in the second period. The knights captain was down for a couple of minutes and left the game.

A rare catalyst - London forward Sergei Kostitsyn - started some early fireworks when he hoped off the London bench a little early on a change and put his shoulder into unsuspecting Kitchener forward Steve Downie(Philidelphia first rounder) late in the first period. The jolt disengaged the volatile Canadian world junior star's visor from his helmet and left him writhing on the ice, which compelled Kindl - another unlikely combatant - to go after Kostitsyn.

London was assessed a too-many-men penalty on the play, but it was negated when Downie, back from helmet repairs and obviously anxious to make the Kinghts pay for the transgression, forgot to do up his chin strap before returning to th ice. He was whistled for illegal equipment and Meckler scored on the ensuing powerplay to give the Knights the early lead."

I got that out of "The London Free Press"

Kitchener lost 4 to 3 in a shootout.

Its nice to see Kindl stick up for his teamates... everyone knows how much we need that on the Wings.

Edit* spelling

Edited by gbdet

Wow interesting stuff, and I’m certainly not too disappointed with his actions. He’s been criticized for his lack of physical play on a few occasions so it’s good to see he’s willing to be aggressive out there.

i just watched him play against Windsor and i was very impressed he played a great game

Yeah, I was at the game too.

Kindl must've played at least half the game last night. Not only was he out there every other shift, but on a number of occasions he played the entire duration of two minute power-plays. He just doesn't seem to get tired; his skating reminds me of Nick Lidstrom just a little bit.

The Hockey News just released their annual prospects issue, which listed Kindl as the top prospect in our system, and the 25th best prospect in the league. He's certainly made improvements from last season.

I personally would like to take him along slowly, but Jakub should probably at least get an oppurtunity to make the Wings next season.

Yeah, I was at the game too.

Kindl must've played at least half the game last night. Not only was he out there every other shift, but on a number of occasions he played the entire duration of two minute power-plays. He just doesn't seem to get tired; his skating reminds me of Nick Lidstrom just a little bit.

The Hockey News just released their annual prospects issue, which listed Kindl as the top prospect in our system, and the 25th best prospect in the league. He's certainly made improvements from last season.

I personally would like to take him along slowly, but Jakub should probably at least get an oppurtunity to make the Wings next season.

I watched a bit of this game in while channel surfing. In the game Kindl was a man amongst boys. His passes were tape to tape, he anchored the PP, and even when he got hit in the defensive the Windsor player often 'bounced' off him. Also he had a nice rush where he split the two Windsor D and got a glorious scoring chance.

I watched a bit of this game in while channel surfing. In the game Kindl was a man amongst boys. His passes were tape to tape, he anchored the PP, and even when he got hit in the defensive the Windsor player often 'bounced' off him. Also he had a nice rush where he split the two Windsor D and got a glorious scoring chance.

Man where do you live that you can see a game like this by channel surfing. I envy you sir.

all Windsor games are shown on the local cable station

See that is why I need someone to sponser me into Canadian citzenship. America sucks for Hockey Fans.

Very little hockey outside of our Wings and while TSN was announcing the Bertuzzi trade, ESPN News was talking to John Elway and Jon Bon Jovi about the start of Arena League Football.

Sigh....

See that is why I need someone to sponser me into Canadian citzenship. America sucks for Hockey Fans.

Very little hockey outside of our Wings and while TSN was announcing the Bertuzzi trade, ESPN News was talking to John Elway and Jon Bon Jovi about the start of Arena League Football.

Sigh....

yea i kinda agree I've even noticed that sometimes on 1270 and 1130 AM when there is big hockey news they are talking about other stuff that has no importance but i love both those stations don't get me wrong

Sigh....

That's hilarious dude! ESPN needs a wake up call!

1 - KIT Kindl, 6:48 - Roughing , 2 min

3 - KIT Kindl, 0:00 - Elbowing , 2 min

3 - KIT Kindl, 9:16 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)

3 - KIT Kindl, 14:37 - Elbowing , 2 min

3 - KIT Kindl, 14:37 - Fighting , 5 min

15 PIM's. :yowza: And he scored 2 PP goals. :clap:

3 - KIT Kindl, 0:00 - Elbowing , 2 min

3 - KIT Kindl, 9:16 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)

3 - KIT Kindl, 14:37 - Elbowing , 2 min

3 - KIT Kindl, 14:37 - Fighting , 5 min

15 PIM's. :yowza: And he scored 2 PP goals. :clap:

Wow, what's gotten into this kid!

Wow, what's gotten into this kid!

Well the last time they met Kindl took exception to a hit on his teammate so he checked London's Robbie Drummond to the head (the video posted above). He was ejected. Well they met again tonight and there were 106 minutes in penalties, with lots of game misconducts being handed out. I'm assuming that the Knights were after some revenge on Kindl. Good to see Kindl not backing down; he’s developing quite nicely indeed. :thumbup:

Bad blood boils over

The London Knights gooned him. Their fans booed and jeered him. The three-star pickers snubbed him.

But Kitchener Rangers blueliner Jakub Kindl, who blasted two power-play goals in last night's bitter 4-1 road win over the reckless and undisciplined Knights, was the best darn player in a very ugly game.

"I don't care about all that," Kindl said after the Rangers racked up a fourth-straight win to pull within six points of the Ontario Hockey League-leading London and Plymouth.

"We won."

Clearly, the Knights and their devotees carried a grudge against Kindl into last night. Kindl hit captain Rob Drummond hard on Feb. 20. He is still out with a concussion.

Seven minutes into last night's game, Knights forwards Josh Beaulieu and Jordan Foreman jumped Kindl and tried to fight him two-on-one.

Was it payback? Foreman said no.

Knights coach Dale Hunter didn't think so either.

Kindl felt otherwise.

"They probably got pissed at me from the last game we played," said Kindl, who fought Foreman late in a game that featured a whopping 14 misconducts. "I hit someone and he didn't finish the game. It's a part of hockey. I was kind of ready for this, but I didn't expect it to be tough like that."

Later in the first, Kindl scored twice in a span of 70 seconds. On his first goal, Knights fans booed as he shot.

Then, he scored.

Kindl pumped his fist at the Knights bench. He gave the crowd a papal wave.

"Right after I got jumped by a couple of guys, I was so happy we scored," Kindl said. "They were chirping me the whole game so I just tried to give them a little, you know."

Battles burn Knights

The coolest guy in the place was Jakub Kindl.

He'd just finished being chased all over the ice, run at by the London Knights, yelled at all night by most of the 9,090 in attendance at the John Labatt Centre.

He stepped out of the shower looking like he'd just gone for a walk in the park.

As each day passes, I become more excited about this guy. He’s a big guy who skates well and has a ton of skill, and he seems to be developing a bit of a mean streak which has been highlighted as a weakness in the past. For a guy who’s just turned 20, he sure does seem to have a lot of self confidence.

Edited by Aussie_Wing