• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#21 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:40 PM

I'm guessing if he almost made it from this year's training camp... Yeah.

#22 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(arin @ February 6, 2007 - 09:40PM) View Post

I think the kid would be better off playing a year in Grand Rapids. He's young..why rush him? The AHL will stll be a big step up for him, so it's not like his game will go stale. With recent comments by Wings management saying that they aren't going to rush Jimmy Howard, I think they should take that into consideration with Kindl.

#23 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:49 PM

Great game for Kindl last night. Had 3 assists and was +3.

He now has 42 points in 40 games, is +21 and has 88 PIM's. He has 10 points in 5 games too.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#24 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

Wow, what are all the PIMs from? Does he drop the gloves sometimes or are they all minors...?

#25 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(arin @ February 10, 2007 - 11:00AM) View Post

Wow, what are all the PIMs from? Does he drop the gloves sometimes or are they all minors...?

Unfortunately they’re all minors.

Kindl scored the GWG today.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#26 Griffin

Griffin

This Is What Happens When You Don't Trade Our 1rst Rounders

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:02 PM

i know he had a crumby wjhc as the captain of the cheqs

#27 Griffin

Griffin

This Is What Happens When You Don't Trade Our 1rst Rounders

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(arin @ February 6, 2007 - 10:40PM) View Post

he is likley to anquer our defence in the future and since he came very close last year they will almost certainly put him right to the wings, its not really rushing them since most first rounders make the team after 2-3 years of being drafted

#28 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:22 PM

KIT Kindl, 16:58 - Checking to the Head , 5 min (PP).

ohmy.gif clap.gif biggrin.gif

He also has an assist, 47 points in 45 games.

#29 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:44 AM

"anquer" ?!?!? ANCHOR

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#30 gbdet

gbdet

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(Aussie_Wing @ February 20, 2007 - 09:22PM) View Post

KIT Kindl, 16:58 - Checking to the Head , 5 min (PP).

ohmy.gif clap.gif biggrin.gif

He also has an assist, 47 points in 45 games.

"Kitchener veteran defenceman Jakub Kindl was kicked out of the game and assessed a major penalty for a head check on London's Robbie Drummond late in the second period. The knights captain was down for a couple of minutes and left the game.
A rare catalyst - London forward Sergei Kostitsyn - started some early fireworks when he hoped off the London bench a little early on a change and put his shoulder into unsuspecting Kitchener forward Steve Downie(Philidelphia first rounder) late in the first period. The jolt disengaged the volatile Canadian world junior star's visor from his helmet and left him writhing on the ice, which compelled Kindl - another unlikely combatant - to go after Kostitsyn.
London was assessed a too-many-men penalty on the play, but it was negated when Downie, back from helmet repairs and obviously anxious to make the Kinghts pay for the transgression, forgot to do up his chin strap before returning to th ice. He was whistled for illegal equipment and Meckler scored on the ensuing powerplay to give the Knights the early lead."

I got that out of "The London Free Press"

Kitchener lost 4 to 3 in a shootout.

Its nice to see Kindl stick up for his teamates... everyone knows how much we need that on the Wings.

Edit* spelling

Edited by gbdet, 21 February 2007 - 08:32 AM.

#31 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:50 AM

Wow interesting stuff, and I’m certainly not too disappointed with his actions. He’s been criticized for his lack of physical play on a few occasions so it’s good to see he’s willing to be aggressive out there.

#32 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:16 PM

Go Kindl Go! I've been to a few ranger games and he's played great everytime. Looking forward to watching him on the Wings!

#33 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:54 AM

yowza.gif Beauty!

The Hit

#34 lidstromsnumba1

lidstromsnumba1

dangler

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:03 AM

i just watched him play against Windsor and i was very impressed he played a great game

#35 Airborn

Airborn

Two primal opposing yet complementary forces

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(Aussie_Wing @ March 2, 2007 - 12:54AM) View Post

yowza.gif Beauty!

The Hit

Ouch! Shades of Darian Hatcher on Jeremy Roenick from a few years ago.

Thanks for the clip.

#36 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(lidstromsnumba1 @ March 2, 2007 - 01:03AM) View Post

i just watched him play against Windsor and i was very impressed he played a great game

Yeah, I was at the game too.

Kindl must've played at least half the game last night. Not only was he out there every other shift, but on a number of occasions he played the entire duration of two minute power-plays. He just doesn't seem to get tired; his skating reminds me of Nick Lidstrom just a little bit.

The Hockey News just released their annual prospects issue, which listed Kindl as the top prospect in our system, and the 25th best prospect in the league. He's certainly made improvements from last season.

I personally would like to take him along slowly, but Jakub should probably at least get an oppurtunity to make the Wings next season.

#37 Cruiser008

Cruiser008

Headed to the Rafters

• Silver Booster
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(J-Swift @ March 2, 2007 - 03:11PM) View Post

Yeah, I was at the game too.

Kindl must've played at least half the game last night. Not only was he out there every other shift, but on a number of occasions he played the entire duration of two minute power-plays. He just doesn't seem to get tired; his skating reminds me of Nick Lidstrom just a little bit.

The Hockey News just released their annual prospects issue, which listed Kindl as the top prospect in our system, and the 25th best prospect in the league. He's certainly made improvements from last season.

I personally would like to take him along slowly, but Jakub should probably at least get an oppurtunity to make the Wings next season.

I watched a bit of this game in while channel surfing. In the game Kindl was a man amongst boys. His passes were tape to tape, he anchored the PP, and even when he got hit in the defensive the Windsor player often 'bounced' off him. Also he had a nice rush where he split the two Windsor D and got a glorious scoring chance.

#38 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(Cruiser008 @ March 2, 2007 - 04:08PM) View Post

I watched a bit of this game in while channel surfing. In the game Kindl was a man amongst boys. His passes were tape to tape, he anchored the PP, and even when he got hit in the defensive the Windsor player often 'bounced' off him. Also he had a nice rush where he split the two Windsor D and got a glorious scoring chance.

Man where do you live that you can see a game like this by channel surfing. I envy you sir.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#39 lidstromsnumba1

lidstromsnumba1

dangler

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(Majsheppard @ March 2, 2007 - 04:50PM) View Post

Man where do you live that you can see a game like this by channel surfing. I envy you sir.

all Windsor games are shown on the local cable station

#40 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE(lidstromsnumba1 @ March 4, 2007 - 01:24AM) View Post

all Windsor games are shown on the local cable station

See that is why I need someone to sponser me into Canadian citzenship. America sucks for Hockey Fans.

Very little hockey outside of our Wings and while TSN was announcing the Bertuzzi trade, ESPN News was talking to John Elway and Jon Bon Jovi about the start of Arena League Football.

Sigh....
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.