117 replies to this topic

#41 lidstromsnumba1

lidstromsnumba1

dangler

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE(Majsheppard @ March 4, 2007 - 02:30AM) View Post

See that is why I need someone to sponser me into Canadian citzenship. America sucks for Hockey Fans.

Very little hockey outside of our Wings and while TSN was announcing the Bertuzzi trade, ESPN News was talking to John Elway and Jon Bon Jovi about the start of Arena League Football.

Sigh....

yea i kinda agree I've even noticed that sometimes on 1270 and 1130 AM when there is big hockey news they are talking about other stuff that has no importance but i love both those stations don't get me wrong

#42 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(Majsheppard @ March 4, 2007 - 02:30AM) View Post

See that is why I need someone to sponser me into Canadian citzenship. America sucks for Hockey Fans.

Very little hockey outside of our Wings and while TSN was announcing the Bertuzzi trade, ESPN News was talking to John Elway and Jon Bon Jovi about the start of Arena League Football.

Sigh....

That's hilarious dude! ESPN needs a wake up call!

#43 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:52 PM

1 - KIT Kindl, 6:48 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - KIT Kindl, 0:00 - Elbowing , 2 min
3 - KIT Kindl, 9:16 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
3 - KIT Kindl, 14:37 - Elbowing , 2 min
3 - KIT Kindl, 14:37 - Fighting , 5 min

15 PIM's. yowza.gif And he scored 2 PP goals. clap.gif

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#44 Airborn

Airborn

Two primal opposing yet complementary forces

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(Aussie_Wing @ March 8, 2007 - 09:52PM) View Post

3 - KIT Kindl, 0:00 - Elbowing , 2 min
3 - KIT Kindl, 9:16 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
3 - KIT Kindl, 14:37 - Elbowing , 2 min
3 - KIT Kindl, 14:37 - Fighting , 5 min

15 PIM's. yowza.gif And he scored 2 PP goals. clap.gif

Wow, what's gotten into this kid!

#45 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(Airborn @ March 8, 2007 - 10:39PM) View Post

Wow, what's gotten into this kid!

Well the last time they met Kindl took exception to a hit on his teammate so he checked London's Robbie Drummond to the head (the video posted above). He was ejected. Well they met again tonight and there were 106 minutes in penalties, with lots of game misconducts being handed out. I'm assuming that the Knights were after some revenge on Kindl. Good to see Kindl not backing down; he’s developing quite nicely indeed. thumbup.gif

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#46 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:06 AM

Bad blood boils over

The London Knights gooned him. Their fans booed and jeered him. The three-star pickers snubbed him.

But Kitchener Rangers blueliner Jakub Kindl, who blasted two power-play goals in last night's bitter 4-1 road win over the reckless and undisciplined Knights, was the best darn player in a very ugly game.

"I don't care about all that," Kindl said after the Rangers racked up a fourth-straight win to pull within six points of the Ontario Hockey League-leading London and Plymouth.

"We won."

Clearly, the Knights and their devotees carried a grudge against Kindl into last night. Kindl hit captain Rob Drummond hard on Feb. 20. He is still out with a concussion.

Seven minutes into last night's game, Knights forwards Josh Beaulieu and Jordan Foreman jumped Kindl and tried to fight him two-on-one.

Was it payback? Foreman said no.

Knights coach Dale Hunter didn't think so either.

Kindl felt otherwise.

"They probably got pissed at me from the last game we played," said Kindl, who fought Foreman late in a game that featured a whopping 14 misconducts. "I hit someone and he didn't finish the game. It's a part of hockey. I was kind of ready for this, but I didn't expect it to be tough like that."

Later in the first, Kindl scored twice in a span of 70 seconds. On his first goal, Knights fans booed as he shot.

Then, he scored.

Kindl pumped his fist at the Knights bench. He gave the crowd a papal wave.

"Right after I got jumped by a couple of guys, I was so happy we scored," Kindl said. "They were chirping me the whole game so I just tried to give them a little, you know."

Battles burn Knights

The coolest guy in the place was Jakub Kindl.

He'd just finished being chased all over the ice, run at by the London Knights, yelled at all night by most of the 9,090 in attendance at the John Labatt Centre.

He stepped out of the shower looking like he'd just gone for a walk in the park.

As each day passes, I become more excited about this guy. He’s a big guy who skates well and has a ton of skill, and he seems to be developing a bit of a mean streak which has been highlighted as a weakness in the past. For a guy who’s just turned 20, he sure does seem to have a lot of self confidence.

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 09 March 2007 - 09:15 AM.

#47 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:10 PM

scored 2 goal last night against my hometown Knights!
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#48 Airborn

Airborn

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:19 PM

Knights coach Dale Hunter didn't think so either

This statement clears up a lot for me. tongue.gif

#49 GuloGulo

GuloGulo

Never Waive Drake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:09 PM

Kindl acting like Chelios biggrin.gif
<DarrylBootland> I'm big league!

#50 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:06 PM

6:26 remaining in 2nd, Kindl with a goal and 2 assists. He's up against Saginaw, which features Jan Mursak.

#51 zzz

zzz

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:03 AM

The first mini-brawl:

The second fight:

Seeing that elbow to the head, though, I can't help but feel that Kindl deserved it.

#52 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:20 AM

Wasn't this board mostly against the drafting of Kindl when it happened?
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#53 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ March 13, 2007 - 08:20AM) View Post

Wasn't this board mostly against the drafting of Kindl when it happened?

Yeh when I saw that we picked a guy who was disappointing in the draft year only putting up 14 points I wasn’t exactly thrilled. However I couldn’t be happier with the pick now as Jakub is really developing into a great prospect.

Thanks for the clips zzz, but I don’t think the elbow to the head of Drummond was anything out of the ordinary.

#54 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

Kindl ranked #50 in Hockey Futures top 50 prospects Spring 2007... Wonder if we're gonna have anyone above 26..

#55 Airborn

Airborn

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(arin @ March 14, 2007 - 01:02PM) View Post

Kindl ranked #50 in Hockey Futures top 50 prospects Spring 2007... Wonder if we're gonna have anyone above 26..

Howard should be.

#56 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:27 AM

I don't understand... a few weeks ago everyone here was up in arms about Arnott getting his elbow up when he checked Lebda... but Kindl is praised for his hit on Drummond?
IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006

#57 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

Eh, he's young. If you were a Wings fan you would appreciate ANY type of aggressive hitting/grit in our system..

Edited by arin, 17 March 2007 - 02:26 PM.

#58 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(Legionnaire11 @ March 17, 2007 - 11:27AM) View Post

I don't understand... a few weeks ago everyone here was up in arms about Arnott getting his elbow up when he checked Lebda... but Kindl is praised for his hit on Drummond?

Kindl has been panned for his lack of a mean streak given his size, so it's very promising to see he's willing to get a little nasty once in a while. Nobody wants to see him turn into a cheapshot artist at the NHL level, but he could certainly add a more physical element to his game.

#59 Airborn

Airborn

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(Legionnaire11 @ March 17, 2007 - 11:27AM) View Post

Welcome to the world of double standards when it comes to rooting for your team. I'm sure that never happens with Nashville fans tongue.gif

#60 Mule39

Mule39

Rookie

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:55 PM

he must be hurting since he's not in teh lineup against Plymouth tonight.