• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Detroit Pistons Season Thread

Rate this topic

Looks like more Piston moves soon. This is from hoopsworld.com

Ask anyone around the Houston Rockets and they will tell you Bonzi Wells has been a horrible fit, so it comes as no surprise that when the Detroit Pistons reached out to gauge interest in a swap bringing Bonzi to Detroit that Houston was all over it. The Pistons are looking to move a big man, likely Nazr Mohammed, and given Houston’s struggles with injuries in the front court Nazr could be a perfect fit. The challenge in making this deal happen is that when big men are offered deals come out of the woodworks – The Pistons are supposedly evaluating whether to trigger a Bonzi deal, a Morris Peterson deal with Toronto, a Marko Jaric deal with the Timberwolves or get serious and go after Corey Maggette. One thing is very clear, if the Pistons want Bonzi Wells they can have him for a sack of old Piston shirts and Houston will even pay for the airline ticket – it just does not seem Joe Dumars has decided who or what he wants to part with..

I can't believe we gave Nazr a $30mil contract and within a few months he's trade bait. :huh:

Our new starting line-up of Billups-Hamilton-Prince-Wallace-Webber is scary good, just as long as Rasheed starts trying again and Wallace can stay fit. McDyess has been awesome off the bench lately, and combined with Delfino, Hunter, Davis, and Maxiell, it is more than adequate. I’m not including Murray because I think he’s a negative.

Nice win today against the Lakers. Not much could have gone better for the Pistons tonight. And none of the top three scorers for the Pistons were named Chauncey or Rip (though Rip did chip in quite a few points). I like this - scoring with the bigs rather than depending on a ton of jump shots and three-balls. That'll be a recipe for playoff success.

Yeh I agree tonight’s win was very encouraging. The forwards were all instrumental, and this obviously has a lot to do with Webber. He’s a great passer and can really hit the open man. He had a very solid game today with 18 pts, 11 rbs and 4 ast. I’m slowly starting to think this team could be a threat come playoff time.

What we do need though is a backup PG as the offence grinds to a halt when Hunter's in the game. Hopefully we can trade Mohammed and Murray, interestingly enough our two ‘boom’ recruits. Haven’t they turned out to be disastrous fits in Detroit? If we could get a PG, such as Brevin Knight who has been rumoured, this team could be in for another deep run. I just think that we're 1 impact player short on the bench though.

I'm really starting to get that "feeling" for the Pistons again. The addition of Webber has been huge. His passing is amazing. I think we are still missing a piece though. We need to trade for a PG like Morris Peterson or someone. Maybe we could get Chucky Atkins again....

Oh man an EXCELLENT trading deadline for the Pistons. Neither Chicago nor Cleveland were able to land the players they targeted, and Miami loses D-Whistle to a dislocated shoulder (btw Wade is such a cry-baby; hockey players have been known to play with separated shoulders in the playoffs!).

Looking at our Eastern Conference rivals, Shaq is a shadow of his former self and LeBron has no reliable supporting cast. Chicago can give us problems if Big Ben abuses C-Webb inside, but our perimeter D is phemonenal and without a low-post threat they've got little chance.

Detroit isn't a lock for the finals yet and it's sure lookin' pretty good right now.

Edited by Cruiser008

AUBURN HILLS -- It was the kind of return visit to The Palace that could have been expected from Darko Milicic.

Playing in his first game against the Detroit Pistons in The Palace since they traded him to Orlando last February, Milicic had moments when he looked good. But those were overshadowed by a slew of mistakes as Detroit easily beat the Magic, 110-88.

Milicic, who had seven points on 2-for-9 shooting from the field, was greeted by a chorus of boos when he was introduced as a starter. And when he missed a shot or committed a turnover, fans chanted `Darrrr-ko! Darrrr-ko!'

(btw Wade is such a cry-baby; hockey players have been known to play with separated shoulders in the playoffs!).

i would never expect a basketball player to play with a separated shoulder - how can he shoot, or constantly keep his arm in the air to defend, or use that arm for the up-and-down motion of a dribble? A hockey player can hide it and still be effective. Basketball players can't possibly be effective with a separated shoulder.

Ben Wallace returned to Detroit tonight, and the Pistons got home 95-93. Wallace had 6 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals. He shot 2/8 from the FT line... ;)

Chris Webber was the Pistons best with 21 points, 9 rebounds and 3 blocks.

Ben Wallace returned to Detroit tonight, and the Pistons got home 95-93. Wallace had 6 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals. He shot 2/8 from the FT line... ;)

Chris Webber was the Pistons best with 21 points, 9 rebounds and 3 blocks.

Ben's replacement C-Webb (who btw is making 14.3 million less than Wallace this season) comes through with the game-winning tip-in; poetic justice. :clap:

During that game I still was spilt on what I think of Big Ben.

The one side of me felt bad that Detroit fans were booing him because you could tell it effected him, and those random offensive rebounds/blocks he gets that gives his team new life (Pistons do miss those)

The other side of me felt good he was gone because Webber is way cheaper, and scores more. Plus I do not miss Ben crying like a baby after every whistle because he thinks he is such a all world defensive player. Not to mention it's nice not having him on the line.

Yesterday's game against the Suns was our best performance of the season IMO. Easily the most enjoyable game I have seen this season. We beat Phoenix by 22 points, at their home and despite Billups leaving early through injury. And what's even more impressive was that Hamilton and Prince both had very little impact. Webber was terrific again with 17 points and 9 rebounds. Rasheed Wallace was dominant inside and finished with 20 points and 3 blocks.

But it was the bench that got the job done. Flip Murray, who has barely played this season and when he has he's been less that impressive, scored 25 points on 12-of-16 shooting. He also chipped in with 4 rebounds and 6 steals. And Carlos Delfino also had one of his best games of the season, scoring 13 points on 5-of-6 shooting and also grabbing 7 rebounds. Make no mistake, Delfino is an important part of the Pistons future.

More team performances like this and I'll have a lot more confidence heading into the playoffs. :thumbup:

Edited by Aussie_Wing