• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Detroit Pistons Season Thread

Rate this topic

Really pleased about the last two games. Flip could have just shortened his rotation for a couple games with Sheed out, but he gave heavy minutes to Blalock and Maxiell. And Maxiell came up big. Said it like two months ago and I'll say it again: Maxiell needs to be part of the regular rotation and be getting about 15-20 minutes a game. This guy's a whirlwind. He's 6-7, 250, and he literally had the Sonics coach thinking he was 6-11, 280+.

Yeh Maxiell has to play; it’s as simple as that. The last two games have been very pleasing as we’ve really had a good look at our bench. Blalock has been getting good minutes as Hunter has been out. Personally I don’t see what Hunter brings to the table anymore, sure he’s still decent on the defensive end but when he’s in the offence grinds to a halt. Also good to see Delfino getting minutes lately and Davis and Maxiell have combined to be a force off the bench. I hope it continues when Sheed returns.

Don't look now but Detroit is back on top of the Eastern Conference. If they remain healthy the Pistons might once again be the top seed, but there's still that little problem in the playoffs where refs. won't let any defender get within 3 feet of their saviours King James and Flash Wade.

Edited by Cruiser008

27 point rout of the Hawks today. :D

The bench was awesome once again, and not one starter played more than 28 minutes. The bench contributed 41 points, 16 rebounds, 12 assists, 8 blocks and 4 steals.

Jason Maxiell had 14 points, 3 rebounds and 3 blocks. Delfino with another nice all around game too.

Triple OT loss to the Knicks last night.

Hamilton had a career high 51 points but it wasn't enough. Billups was terrible in the extra periods and basically lost the game for Detroit. Oh and mannysBETTER3434, Delfino was huge with 16 points and was the reason the game went to OT at all. ;)

basketball sucks. too many whiners in the game. If one gets a light tapped they cry foul! What a bunch of babies.

Although tripple OT sounds alittle exciting. Not sure if its a rare thing in basketball.

Triple OT loss to the Knicks last night.

Hamilton had a career high 51 points but it wasn't enough. Billups was terrible in the extra periods and basically lost the game for Detroit. Oh and mannysBETTER3434, Delfino was huge with 16 points and was the reason the game went to OT at all. ;)

I don't dislike Delfino. It just looks to me that he doesn't fit in....

That game was fun to watch, but there is nothing worse then losing to the Knicks :thumbdown:

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- On a night filled with dramatic runs, the Indiana Pacers picked up a win with a single free throw.

Darrell Armstrong's foul shot with 0.9 seconds left gave the Pacers a 93-92 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Friday night.

To make things worse for Detroit, Chauncey Billups strained his right calf while hitting a key 3-pointer in the last minute. He is expected to miss 10 days to two weeks.

Interesting, I guess this means Will Blalock will get heavy minutes. I would rather him play than Hunter. <_<

I would create this in another thread being that it isn't really about the Pistons but decided to keep it because it has to do with the NBA.

Anyone have any idea who is going to win the Atlantic Divison?? Also what is their record going to be like. At this pace, the winner of the divison won't have much more than 30 wins. Kinda sad to have a 30-50 team make the playoffs. Here is a look at the divison right now.

New Jersey 13-18

Toronto 13-19

New York 14-21

Boston 11-20

Philadelphia 9-23

Kinda of a sad divison. Hell, the Knicks still have a great shot at making the playoffs winning this divison.

I was looking at the standings today and I just realised the state of that division. Just appalling; not one team deserves to make the playoffs.

Good to see the bench still getting heavy minutes, I wonder what suddenly changed a few weeks back? Maybe Dumars had a word to Saunders because it’s been a complete reversal. Delfino has averaged over 12 points and 5 rebounds over the past 4 games, that’s great stuff off the bench. Hopefully he isn’t traded because I feel he’s a big part of the future.

I was looking at the standings today and I just realised the state of that division. Just appalling; not one team deserves to make the playoffs.

I know. I am actually pulling for the Knicks!!

Good to see the bench still getting heavy minutes, I wonder what suddenly changed a few weeks back? Maybe Dumars had a word to Saunders because it’s been a complete reversal. Delfino has averaged over 12 points and 5 rebounds over the past 4 games, that’s great stuff off the bench. Hopefully he isn’t traded because I feel he’s a big part of the future.

The bench is what got Pistons the title and the bench is why the Pistons have lost the title in the last couple of seasons.

Did the Pistons beat the Bulls? I've had a busy weekend...

Lost 106-89. :ph34r: Ben Wallace had a huge game.

Here's the recent play of Delfino:

v NYK: 16 pts, 3 rbs.

v IND: 9 pts, 7 rbs.

v PHX: 11 pts, 7 rbs

v NOK: 13 pts, 5 rbs

v CHI: 10 pts, 7 rbs.

Last 5 games he's averaging 11.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg. :thumbup:

I like C-Webb a LOT but I'm on the fence on this one. Our patented Detroit D is predicated on all five guys moving their feet, and at times Webber's feet are stapled to the floor. On the other hand his court sense (I admit this term is borrowed from hockey) is well above average and hence would fit in well with Flip's flex offense.

If wet get Webber we will need to trade a big guy..I hope its not McDyess. If Webber comes though we are much better because Webber can play center and Sheed can go back to playing like he did when Ben Wallace was around. A starting lineup with Sheed, Webber, Prince, Billups, and Rip is a power lineup. Then coming off the bench is McDyess, Delfino, Murray, and Nazr...thats a good bench.

Well this team is definitely missing something, and no i dont mean Ben because it wouldve been bad to re-sign him, so i am all for Webber! It cant hurt to sign him for the rest of the season, i think it would be great and will definitely get my interest with the Pistons back up.

On Fox sports they said a lot could happen in the next few weeks for the Pistons. Many suprised me including the idea of firing flip, trading Sheed or McDyess, trading for Morris Petterson, or trading Dale Davis. Of course not all of these will happen...maybe not even a single one, but I would like to see Mo-P come of the bench, and Webber at center!

I think this'll be a good thing. The two knocks on Webber are his health and the notion that he can't be the main guy to take a team to a championship. Neither of which are a problem right now - this is Billups' team, and Webber's supposedly healthy right now.

Related deal: The Pistons, according to ESPN, are likely to send Nazr Mohammed to the T-Wolves for Marko Jaric. Mohammed isn't happy about losing minutes.