• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown Red Wings

CCHA Hockey

Rate this topic

I didn't get to see the game, but reading the reports it sounds like both teams really should be happy with the tie. UM came back from 3 down. MSU allowed and ungodly number of shots, and from what I read, UM controlled most of the game.

Current CCHA standings

Notre Dame 39 pts 4 conference games remaining

Miami 34 points 2 conference games remaining

Michigan 33 points 4 conference games remaining

Michigan State 31 points 5 conference games remaining

Notre Dame pretty much has first locked up, barring a complete meltdown. Second though fouth place are up for grabs though.

Guest LSSULaker889294

My Lakers continue to have a mediocre season. They would have more success if the Power Play wasn't soolousy and the penalty kill hasn't been too hot lately. Also injuries have been hurting the Lakers lately too.

What a season for Jeff Jakaitis. He has a 2.12 GAA .938 Save percentage yet his record is below .500 (10-11-2). That record will unfortunately cost him CCHA Player of the Year IMO.

I hate ND being good at hockey!! Just doesn't seem right

I know. I wonder if they'll be good next year, or if it's just a one year thing. Ferris won the CCHA and one game in the NCAA four years ago. Ohio State was really good a couple years ago. Both teams then fell back off.

I know. I wonder if they'll be good next year, or if it's just a one year thing.

Brown is a senior. Losing him is going to be tough. But the top 5 scorers on ND are all underclassmen (3 are freshmen). They are going to be a tough team to beat for the next few years unless you see a bunch of them turn pro early.

I thought MSU played like crap this weekend. They were lucky to get 3 points. The Lergs saved their butts. Better shape up or they're not going to get an NCAA bid.

Brown is a senior. Losing him is going to be tough. But the top 5 scorers on ND are all underclassmen (3 are freshmen). They are going to be a tough team to beat for the next few years unless you see a bunch of them turn pro early.

I thought MSU played like crap this weekend. They were lucky to get 3 points. The Lergs saved their butts. Better shape up or they're not going to get an NCAA bid.

You're right about their returning players. As for losing Brown they should be okay there too. Jordan Pierce (sp), their backup was a very highly rated goalie coming out of juinors.

MSU's loss to Ferris is pathetic. I thought Comley had this team on the right track after last season but now I'm not so sure. At this point the only thing that is going to salvage the season is winning the CCHA playoffs.

Guest LSSULaker889294

Notre Dame are regular season champions with a 1-0 victory over Alaska. What a job by Jeff Jackson, he does it again. Hand down, he should win CCHA Coach of the year as well as NCAA coach of the year.

The Spartans continue to suck with a loss to the lowly Broncos. Coupled with the loss to the lowly Bulldogs on Tuesday, MSU better get with it.

Please vote for Jeff he is a amazing goaltender and he deserves to win the Hobey baker award. So please vote for him. GO LSSU LAKERS, GO JEFF JAKAITIS

I agree and I voted for him too. Unless the Lakers make a torrid run into the playoffs, I doubt Jakatis will win it though. At least IMO he has a great shot at CCHA player of the year. I think it will be between him, T.J. Hensick and Scott Parse.

Edited by LSSULaker889294

Sorry, but I don't think I could vote for a guy with a .500 record for the Hobey.

I believe as of right now MSU is out of the tournament. They need to win out plus have a very strong showing in the CCHA tournament.

Sorry, but I don't think I could vote for a guy with a .500 record for the Hobey.

I believe as of right now MSU is out of the tournament. They need to win out plus have a very strong showing in the CCHA tournament.

Jakatis' save % is 92, which is great for a goalie, and considering LSSU's record it makes it that much better. I'm not sure I would vote for him either, but I think he should be considered.

As for MSU...they are falling off the map. 3 straight loses to Ferris, and WMU is not good at all.

If it makes you feel any better Ferris is smoking hot right now. They've won 5 of 6. Their only lose was to MSU in OT. All five wins have come with MacIntyre in net, their backup goalie.

And this will probably make you feel way better...this is from insiders on my Rivals.com account talking about U-M hockey..

In talking to a few national hockey writers, they're not so sure. In fact, there are rumblings that the Wolverines' 16-year tournament streak is looking more bleak than in any of the previous few seasons.

"At some point Michigan's reputation and ability to sell-out a venue won't work anymore," a source said. "Look at their record against ranked opponents [3-6-1]. Other than two against Michigan State, they don't have that many impressive wins.

"On paper, there is some hesitation, and when you see them in person you're just left scratching your head and asking, 'Does this team really deserve a tournament bid?' Obviously it depends on the other teams on the bubble, but I don't think you answer that question, at least right now, with an overwhelming 'Yes.'

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

At least IMO he has a great shot at CCHA player of the year. I think it will be between him, T.J. Hensick and Scott Parse.

i agree with your picks, but no love for Mike Santorelli? He's second in the nation for goals, and tied for 8th for total points. Not only that, he's had hardly any supporting cast. Mike's 26 goals make up 33% (well, 32.9%) of all of Northern's goals this year. He's pretty much the only bright spot in the wildcat program this year. He's a staple of the power play, and the penalty kill, with 4 shorthanded goals - tied for first in the nation. It's understandable why he's been overlooked this year, as Northern's season has been less than spectacular (to put it nicely), but without Santos, it would've been much, much worse.

Guest LSSULaker889294

i agree with your picks, but no love for Mike Santorelli? He's second in the nation for goals, and tied for 8th for total points. Not only that, he's had hardly any supporting cast. Mike's 26 goals make up 33% (well, 32.9%) of all of Northern's goals this year. He's pretty much the only bright spot in the wildcat program this year. He's a staple of the power play, and the penalty kill, with 4 shorthanded goals - tied for first in the nation. It's understandable why he's been overlooked this year, as Northern's season has been less than spectacular (to put it nicely), but without Santos, it would've been much, much worse.

Santorelli is up there, but there is tough competion. I do agree Northern's lackluster season is hurting his chances. I thought Northern would do better this year. I didn't expect them to be a top team, but about a fifth/sixth place team at least but right now second to dead last? At least I don't think the Cats will be like the Lakers from 2000-2003 where we finished dead last three years in a row. That was painful.

mannysBETTER3434- Actually, Jeff's Save Percentage right now is .938

What the hell happened to Ferris State? They sucked all year and now they are on fire all of a sudden.

Edited by LSSULaker889294

mannysBETTER3434- Actually, Jeff's Save Percentage right now is .938

What the hell happened to Ferris State? They sucked all year and now they are on fire all of a sudden.

Thanks I thought his save % was higher, but I thought I shouldn't post something to high when I didn't know the exact number.

As for Ferris, they have a young team. They have been up and down all year long. I really don't know how they put this win streak toghether considering their best player, starting goalie Mitch O'Keefe is out because he hurt his knee.

Kind of off topic: After FSU beat Bowling Green tonight my buddy, and I went to the party store. There were 2 guys in front of us in line...those two guys were FSU goalie Derek MacIntyre, and his dad. They bought 2 fifths of Captain Morgan. Nothing like father son bonding after a game :lol:

Santorelli is up there, but there is tough competion. I do agree Northern's lackluster season is hurting his chances. I thought Northern would do better this year. I didn't expect them to be a top team, but about a fifth/sixth place team at least but right now second to dead last? At least I don't think the Cats will be like the Lakers from 2000-2003 where we finished dead last three years in a row. That was painful.

we were slated for 8th in the preseason coach's poll, and if the stars and planets align, we could potentially finish there. i didn't expect much from this season, we simply lost too much with the seniors that graduated. i've got a much more indepth post on another message board here.

anyway, this was posted on that other board, uscho. bronconick does these every season, after each week when playoff time rolls around. i thought some people may appreciate it.

1. Notre Dame 43 pts (47 possible) 1st/1st

39----------------------------------->CCHA Regular Season Champions

2.Miami 34 (38) 2nd/4th

3. Michigan 33 (39) 2nd/4th

32----------------------------------->1st round bye

4. Michigan State 31 (35) 2nd/5th

5. Western Michigan 27 (31) 4th/8th

6. Nebraska Omaha 26 (30) 5th/8th

7. Ohio State 26 (30) 5th/8th

25-----------------------------------> 1st round home ice

8. Lake Superior 23 (29) 5th/11th

9. Ferris State 20 (24) 8th/11th