• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown Red Wings

CCHA Hockey

Rate this topic

Well I go to Ferris State, and I think they will be average in the CCHA this year, but there seems to always be a suprise CCHA team every year and FSU could possilby be that team. O'Keefe is a real good goalie, and they have some goal scorers, but they don't always show up to play.

As for U-M I have high hopes for them. MSU will be tough...just got my tickets for the their 1st match up at Yost yesterday! U-M's biggest question is in goal with Sauer. If he steps up as he is expected the sky is the limit for the team.

Don't feel bad to long Hockeytown Red Wings...you just got Palmer who is a VERY GOOD goalie. I've actually seen him play sevreal times for the USA NTPD team in Ann Arbor, and I was impressed.

MSU is off to a slow start. They thottled WMU for their opener at Munn, but lost at Lawson the next day. Then they got beat by a very talented U-18 team this week.

Once the Spartans get rolling, I'm not too worried. Their first and second lines can hang with anyone in the CCHA, and probably anyone in college hockey. The third and fourth lines are a little weak though. So far the defense seems to be pretty good, despite losing Potter and Nightengale.

I just wish Drew Miller stuck around for his senior year though.

MSU is off to a slow start. They thottled WMU for their opener at Munn, but lost at Lawson the next day. Then they got beat by a very talented U-18 team this week.

Wow MSU lost to the U-18 team? That team must be stacked...U-M trailed most the game against them but end up beating them 3-2

Wow MSU lost to the U-18 team? That team must be stacked...U-M trailed most the game against them but end up beating them 3-2

Yeah, they must be damn good. They took UM and BC to overtime. And they beat MSU and Alaska-Fairbanks. Strangely they got smoked by both New Hampshire and Alaska-Anchorage.

Michigan State won both their games this weekend, beating St. Lawrence 5-3, and Sacred Heart 7-5. I like the sweep, and I like how many goals the Spartans got. However, giving up 5 goals to Sacred Heart is not good. I really hope MSU isn't playing down to their competition, like they were a few years ago. Last year it finally looked like they broke that habit.

One of the best rivialries in college hockey takes place this weekend, Michigan State and Michigan. Friday's game is at Munn at Saturday's is at Yost. Michigan will be missing Jack Johnson for Friday's game. The Spartans have an 8 game unbeaten streak going against the Weasels, dating back to 2004. Here's hoping they can continue. GO GREEN!

One of the best rivialries in college hockey takes place this weekend, Michigan State and Michigan. Friday's game is at Munn at Saturday's is at Yost. Michigan will be missing Jack Johnson for Friday's game. The Spartans have an 8 game unbeaten streak going against the Weasels, dating back to 2004. Here's hoping they can continue. GO GREEN!

I had tickets for the 2nd game, but now cant' go :angry: I'm predicting a spilt

I had tickets for the 2nd game, but now cant' go :angry: I'm predicting a spilt

That sucks! I went to a MSU/UM game at Yost during the 04-05 season, it was amazing. It was the game where Drew Miller scored the tying goal with 1.3 seconds left.

I'm predicting MSU wins at home, and the game at Yost is a tie.

That sucks! I went to a MSU/UM game at Yost during the 04-05 season, it was amazing. It was the game where Drew Miller scored the tying goal with 1.3 seconds left.

I'm predicting MSU wins at home, and the game at Yost is a tie.

That was a good game. I would love to be at Yost/Munn when they play. I've been at Yost for easy games and its wild. I also went to Munn last year to watch MSU play OSU...that was wild too. Couldn't imagine what it will be like Friday/Saturday.

Another great series. Hockey is clearly the best MSU/UM rivalry. Football and basketball are too one-sided. Hockey, the teams are always close.

I completley agree. There is also much more respect for each other between fans and players which I really like. Most U-M/MSU played with each other growing up in travel hockey and Juinors which also makes it fun

MSU KILLED Ferris tonight. FSU had twice as many shots as them, but Lerg play AMAZING! (38 saves)

Not to take anything away from Lerg's performance but Ferris was in "chuck everything at the net and hopefully we'll get a lucky bounce" mode. Lots of weak shots from impossible angles. They had very few quality scoring chances.

MSU has a big series this weekend aganst a strong Notre Dame team. Man, I thought I'd never make that statement. Until recently ND was the doormat of the CCHA. They've made huge strides with that program this year.

Edited by Icer

Not to take anything away from Lerg's performance but Ferris was in "chuck everything at the net and hopefully we'll get a lucky bounce" mode. Lots of weak shots from impossible angles. They had very few quality scoring chances.

I was at the game, and I agree with that. 38 saves is 38 saves though..can't take that away. I remember a he did have 2 amazing saves in the 2nd period though. Did you see the game? MSU had some very pretty goals

Did you see the game? MSU had some very pretty goals.

I listened to the game on WYBR. No cash to go to the game and no television coverage. I will get to see the ND-MSU game Saturday. It's broadcast live on Comcast Local.

Michigan absolutely owned Ferris on saturday. The Friday game was close though. Jack Johnson was amazing on Friday but didn't really stand out at all on Saturday.

Yeah Saturday they smoked them. I was at both games. Johnson did play very well, Hensick did as well. The person that suprised me the most was Billy Sauer. Gotta give FSU's O'keefe some credit. He did all he could to keep Michigan off the board.