• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Igor Grigorenko

Rate this topic

This isn't really an accurate representation--Grigorenko would have been over much sooner if not for his accident. Using Malkin and Ovechkin as examples, each played 3 full seasons in Russia before being super rookies here. So let's take the time from the start of Igor's Russian career until the end of his thid full season. We do that, and these are the numbers:

129 GP, 36g-27a-63pt, 193 PIM,

Yes, and your point is what exactly?

Does anyone have video of Igor or have a link? I was looking for some highlights of any kind.
(Grigs is #34 in blue)

(Grigs is the guy working the halfboards)

That's all I could find.

Edited by Systemfel

Grigs is coming to America!!!!

For sure? I hope he replaces his damaged legs with cybernetic ones, and becomes the first of many 'super' players. Years later, Hollywood will make a movie about the last 'unaltered' player who must make his way into a league of robots. In the end, he uses his human smarts to redefine hockey and ends up scoring the game-winning-goal in the Stanley Cup Finals in overtime of game seven, bringing on a new age of 'unaltered players.' Finally, the NHL outlaws cybernetic players, but makes an exception for Grigorenko. We win a Stanley Cup, with him leading the way, and by the looks of it, have many more in the future. However, he feels that the Cup is bittersweet and unfreezes his legs, getting them re-attached. We go on to the finals the next year, but are defeated in 5 games by a very surprised Toronto Maple Leafs. The fans had a really good feeling about that year and the general consensus was that it was their year. Grigorenko does not feel bad, because he knows 100% that he earned what he got.

As you flip through the channels on tv, you see the previews for the movie- in the end, the words flash on the screen:

*BUHM BUHM* Igor Grigorenko *BUHM BUHM* Robo-hockey *BUHM BUHM* Summer

It records the greatest sales in box office history, the NHL and hockey in general becomes very prosperous, and Bettman leaves in favor of the NFL. The NFL slowly collapses like a flan in a cupboard.

But I really hope Grigorenko makes it to the Wings!

I hope this guy is worth all the hassle we have been through to get him.. We the fans have been waiting for awhile to see him play the nhl level, hopefully Babcock gives him the ice time to put up some numbers, this guys nickname should be HOPE..... :D

Author: Seydamet Abrekov (MK In Lada)

Translated By: Eugene Belashchenko Date: 07/04/2007

Grigorenko's Red Wings - Togliatti Forward is Leaving for America

2007 Russian Super League

(taken from another thread on here titled "Grigorenko Interview") sorry, don't know how to do links. :)

I. Grigorenko: I signed a deal with Detroit in Moscow during the World Championships. My dream to get to the NHL has come true and I want to secure a spot in North American hockey. It won’t be easy to make Detroit’s main lineup, but it is definitely worth a try.

Maybe it would have been easier not to leave the country, as some clubs pay even more than in the NHL? Especially since the taxes are so high in America…

I. Grigorenko: Money wasn’t the primary factor, I just want to play in the NHL. I will always have a chance to come back home.

You probably followed Detroit’s last games against Anaheim during the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

I. Grigorenko: Of course. The games ended up being great! Nobody gave anyone an inch – everyone battled to the end. That is the kind of hockey that I like and that is why I am going to America.

But you are a playmaker?

I. Grigorenko: I am prepared for physical hockey and do not experience any problems with it. Let them be scared of me over there.

How is your English?:

I. Grigorenko: Bad. I will be studying or always carrying a translator with me (laughing).

Is your family remaining home?

I. Grigorenko: Why? My wife and my child are coming with me and we won’t be apart.

Some eariler posts seem to be jumping the gun. A lack of patience. Sure he's got alot to prove, but can't deny his heart and attitude seem to be in the right place. As far as refusing to draft Russian players, that would be the stupidest thing a team could do besides refusing to draft Canadieans. Anyway I expect big things from this guy.

Author: Seydamet Abrekov (MK In Lada)

Translated By: Eugene Belashchenko Date: 07/04/2007

Grigorenko's Red Wings - Togliatti Forward is Leaving for America

2007 Russian Super League

(taken from another thread on here titled "Grigorenko Interview") sorry, don't know how to do links. :)

I. Grigorenko: I signed a deal with Detroit in Moscow during the World Championships. My dream to get to the NHL has come true and I want to secure a spot in North American hockey. It won’t be easy to make Detroit’s main lineup, but it is definitely worth a try.

Maybe it would have been easier not to leave the country, as some clubs pay even more than in the NHL? Especially since the taxes are so high in America…

I. Grigorenko: Money wasn’t the primary factor, I just want to play in the NHL. I will always have a chance to come back home.

You probably followed Detroit’s last games against Anaheim during the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

I. Grigorenko: Of course. The games ended up being great! Nobody gave anyone an inch • everyone battled to the end. That is the kind of hockey that I like and that is why I am going to America.

But you are a playmaker?

I. Grigorenko: I am prepared for physical hockey and do not experience any problems with it. Let them be scared of me over there.

How is your English?:

I. Grigorenko: Bad. I will be studying or always carrying a translator with me (laughing).

Is your family remaining home?

I. Grigorenko: Why? My wife and my child are coming with me and we won’t be apart.

Some eariler posts seem to be jumping the gun. A lack of patience. Sure he's got alot to prove, but can't deny his heart and attitude seem to be in the right place. As far as refusing to draft Russian players, that would be the stupidest thing a team could do besides refusing to draft Canadieans. Anyway I expect big things from this guy.

Every time I see a Russian player interviewed by Russian journalists, it always seems like they are trying to convince them to stay in Russia.

Guest Yzer19

Every time I see a Russian player interviewed by Russian journalists, it always seems like they are trying to convince them to stay in Russia.

Not surprising. They want their best players to play for their Russian teams rather than play in the NHL. I can't say I blame them.

...and to close this chapter, Igor is not even listed as a Wings prospect anymore, at least not on redwingscentral.com. He's not even listed as a Russian Prospect...

Grigs is 16th on the prospect list, between Ritola and Larsson. Look harder. :)

How old is he?

and is he playing in Grand Rapids right now?

Thanks guys,

new to the forum.

he went back to Russia as part of his contractural rights because he was in the minors more than 3 weeks.

he's mid twenties...25/26 something like that