• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Igor Grigorenko

Rate this topic

Unfortunately, he is probably a bust. The accident did him in as well as the complacency of the RSL. Damn< I was hoping he would be the bull we need. If he wants his conditioning up - he should spend the off season with Cheli ( like Rex did) on Malibu. That will really get his Tzachuk ass in shape.

I still hold out some hope for Grigs. He has great hands and on ice vision, which is why the wings

haven't given up on him. He now knows what he needs to do to crack the roster in Detroit, and I'm

still optimistic that he can get his fitness and speed up a notch. Yes he could join Rex in Chelis fitness

tour in the summer and I'm sure it would help out no end. He has stated that he'll use a power skating

coach to up his top end. Like someone has said, he could just sit back in the comfort zone of the RSL

collect his pay chq and fade into the distance. Or he liked what he saw in Hockeytown and wants it

bad enough to bust his ass off the rest of the year and make the team next fall. Time will tell.

I think Igor is a long shot at this point. I think a lot of the hopeful/nice things said about him having another chance now that he knows what he's up against were said out of respect for a player that's been through a lot.

I think Igor is a long shot at this point. I think a lot of the hopeful/nice things said about him having another chance now that he knows what he's up against were said out of respect for a player that's been through a lot.

Fading away then? Perhaps that's not a big surprise...

ladies...

Per Red Wings Central

Forward Igor Grigorenko (Salavat Yulaev, Russian Elite League) has two goals and two assists in his last five games. It took him 16 games to produce the same numbers when he first returned to Russia, so this is a good sign.

encouraging? here's hoping the kid still has something left in the tank.

I'm hearing from a fan in UFA that his play has been better of late,but they still question his conditioning saying he is a bit slow and still getting tired quickly.....

I'm sure an accident like he had could possibly affect one's VO2 Max for the worse. I wonder if this may be the case with him. Also muscle tissure can have a more difficult time utilizing the oxygen. His lactic threshold could be lower, all kinds of complications, unfortunately.

Although many of the readers on here seem to lose interest on our old prospects once the org cuts ties with them. This is for those who like to keep tabs on them. I for one had real high hopes for Grigs and the what if, factor really does apply to this kid. It seems the Wings

lost a FHOF when the Limo carrying Vladdy crashed and it seems that another auto crash has

cost the Wings a top draw performer when Grigs career was scuppered for the best part of 2 years. He never recovered enough to get a spot on the team when he made his attempt. But another couple of years down the line he seem's to have gotten back some of his strength and speed. He has lost 6LB and is feeling the benefits. Playing on the 2nd line for his KHL side

Ufa Salavat Yulayev he has hit some form of late. With fellow Togliatti native and former NHLer

Viktor Kozlov as his centreman Grigs has 13 goals and 21 pts in 37 games with a +16 rating. Former 1st round pick Alexander Radulov leads the team with 18 goals and 43 pts. Also of note is former Wings prospect Miroslav Blatak leads the D and is 2nd overall on the team in the +- with a +22 rating, no mean fete when their blueline consist's of former NHL vets Dmitri Kalinin and Oleg Tverdovsky.

He now has 19+12 and a +22 rating in 47 games. This is now his best return in the Russian

Elite/KHL since the 02-03 season where he lead Tolyatti Lada with 19+11 in 47 games as a 19 yr old. A certain Alexander Semin was also on the roster and finished with 10+7.