• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Igor Grigorenko

Rate this topic

Well it looks like the ball is in his court;

3. Igor Grigorenko, RW, 5-10, 209, Togliatti (RUS). Grigorenko has tremendous hands and is producing in Russia. His foot-speed is a concern, but the Red Wings plan to sign him this summer. "We've talked to him and his agent," said Nill. "He knows it's time for him to get over."

Would he be the perfect foil for Flip and Huds?

From an interview with Gregorienko

Do you still hope to make the NHL?

I. Grigorenko: Yes, I may try next season. Detroit offered me a contract this year, but I decided to play for Lada. I can't leave my wife Oksana and my daughter Alexandra. Oksana and my parents did so much for me three years ago when I was recovering...

Do the old wounds still bother you?

I. Grigorenko: There's a lot of pain in my leg when the weather is changing. I'm like a weather barometer on the team and can point out exactly when it will rain or the weather will get colder

Hopefully he will be here next season..... :clap:

I. Grigorenko: Yes, I may try next season. Detroit offered me a contract this year, but I decided to play for Lada. I can't leave my wife Oksana and my daughter Alexandra. Oksana and my parents did so much for me three years ago when I was recovering...

I. Grigorenko: There's a lot of pain in my leg when the weather is changing. I'm like a weather barometer on the team and can point out exactly when it will rain or the weather will get colder

I pray he gives it a shot next year. Let our doctors get a hold of him and see if they can remedy some of that pain.

Come on Grigs come on over!!!

Where did you find this interview?

I hope he gets a fair shot at making the team next year

Even more so, hopefully he wants to come to America and leave Lada.

I think he will. Holland and Nill were quoted earlier in the year saying they planned on bringing him over next year.

As I've said elsewhere, Grigorenko will likely start next year in the AHL.

How he does in the AHL, combined with how the team performs over the season, determines whether he makes his debut next year or in the 08-09 season.

Don't see him playing in the AHL. I believe if he is signed it's the NHL or back home.

Don't see him playing in the AHL. I believe if he is signed it's the NHL or back home.

If Grigorenko never had his accident, that would have been the case when he came over.

But given his accident, and the fact that it's much more difficult to get good consistent scouting of players overseas than it is in-state, the Wings will want to get a good long look at him.

He may end up playing his way onto the team in training camp, or he may end up being called up later in the year. But I expect him to spend at least part of next season in Grand Rapids--he probably will be a Griff in the beginning, and depending on injuries and his level of play may or may not see ice time in Detroit next season.

Ultimately, the Wings will have 12 forwards returning if you assume Lang and Maltby are the only ones leaving. Grigorenko on the team means either he or Kopecky is the 13th forward. That's not good for either player, and Grigorenko is the one who can be in the AHL without hitting waivers.

I hate how all of you stick that same old 'russian' stereotype on him already. NONE of you know what he wants. None of you know if he will or wont play in the AHL. Just because you think he "sounded" like he didnt want to in an interview, doesnt mean crap. Maybe I think he sounds like he'll stay in the AHL for 5 years if that's what it takes to get to the NHL?

Srsly :crazy:

I really don't think anyone on these boards know's what Igor is feeling or his future plans. I would say that he is a family man first of all and if he has any doubts over his family wanting to make the move then he won't leave his

homeland. At the end of the day hockey is a short period in your life as a player compared to one's marriage. So although I for one will be disappointed if he never come's over the pond, I would understand it.

The only thing we can judge the guy on is his stats in the Russian elite league and compare them to guys who have made the grade in the NHL. The only guy who has better stats in his Russian days is the kid Malkin at Pittsburg. Even

Alex the Great is behind Grigorenko in points per game. So here's some cud to chew over and see what you make of it.

The guy Morozov also had better stats than Grigs before he came over, love to have him here with Grigs as well. But he is back in Russia at present so I didn't include him.

Russian Elite League stats before becoming an NHL player;

Malkin; PL132 36+55 91 82pm ave ppg .69

Grigs; PL228 63+61 124 290pmn ave ppg .54

Semin; PL139 37+29 66 168pmn ave ppg .47

Alex ; PL151 36+33 69106pmn ave ppg .46

Frolov;PL 84 22+13 35 22pmn ave ppg .41

And as a side note;

Fedorov PL 169 41+33 74 87pmn ave ppg .44

Kozlov PL 116 31+31 62 98pmn ave ppg .53

Prof : PL 450 201+230 431 291pmn ave ppg .96

Russian Elite League stats before becoming an NHL player;

Malkin; PL132 36+55 91 82pm ave ppg .69

Grigs; PL228 63+61 124 290pmn ave ppg .54

Semin; PL139 37+29 66 168pmn ave ppg .47

Alex ; PL151 36+33 69106pmn ave ppg .46

Frolov;PL 84 22+13 35 22pmn ave ppg .41

And as a side note;

Fedorov PL 169 41+33 74 87pmn ave ppg .44

Kozlov PL 116 31+31 62 98pmn ave ppg .53

Prof : PL 450 201+230 431 291pmn ave ppg .96

This isn't really an accurate representation--Grigorenko would have been over much sooner if not for his accident. Using Malkin and Ovechkin as examples, each played 3 full seasons in Russia before being super rookies here. So let's take the time from the start of Igor's Russian career until the end of his thid full season. We do that, and these are the numbers:

129 GP, 36g-27a-63pt, 193 PIM,