• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61 yankeebaddabing

yankeebaddabing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:15 PM

I hope this guy is worth all the hassle we have been through to get him.. We the fans have been waiting for awhile to see him play the nhl level, hopefully Babcock gives him the ice time to put up some numbers, this guys nickname should be HOPE..... biggrin.gif

#62 Alex Ovechkin

Alex Ovechkin

Alexander the Great 8

• 46 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:08 AM

Igor is a very good player and a tough customer for sure. The Wings are going to be very happy with him. The Wings fan will love his spirit. I have heard he is very excited.
IPB Image

#63 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:35 AM

Author: Seydamet Abrekov (MK In Lada)
Translated By: Eugene Belashchenko Date: 07/04/2007
Grigorenko's Red Wings - Togliatti Forward is Leaving for America
2007 Russian Super League
(taken from another thread on here titled "Grigorenko Interview") sorry, don't know how to do links. smile.gif

I. Grigorenko: I signed a deal with Detroit in Moscow during the World Championships. My dream to get to the NHL has come true and I want to secure a spot in North American hockey. It won’t be easy to make Detroit’s main lineup, but it is definitely worth a try.

Maybe it would have been easier not to leave the country, as some clubs pay even more than in the NHL? Especially since the taxes are so high in America…
I. Grigorenko: Money wasn’t the primary factor, I just want to play in the NHL. I will always have a chance to come back home.

You probably followed Detroit’s last games against Anaheim during the Stanley Cup Playoffs?
I. Grigorenko: Of course. The games ended up being great! Nobody gave anyone an inch – everyone battled to the end. That is the kind of hockey that I like and that is why I am going to America.

But you are a playmaker?
I. Grigorenko: I am prepared for physical hockey and do not experience any problems with it. Let them be scared of me over there.

How is your English?:
I. Grigorenko: Bad. I will be studying or always carrying a translator with me (laughing).

Is your family remaining home?
I. Grigorenko: Why? My wife and my child are coming with me and we won’t be apart.

Some eariler posts seem to be jumping the gun. A lack of patience. Sure he's got alot to prove, but can't deny his heart and attitude seem to be in the right place. As far as refusing to draft Russian players, that would be the stupidest thing a team could do besides refusing to draft Canadieans. Anyway I expect big things from this guy.

#64 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

yea how long ago was that article, like a month or two...w/e, i still am really excited for him to come over

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#65 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(bringback91 @ August 15, 2007 - 12:35PM) View Post
Author: Seydamet Abrekov (MK In Lada)
Translated By: Eugene Belashchenko Date: 07/04/2007
Grigorenko's Red Wings - Togliatti Forward is Leaving for America
2007 Russian Super League
(taken from another thread on here titled "Grigorenko Interview") sorry, don't know how to do links. smile.gif

I. Grigorenko: I signed a deal with Detroit in Moscow during the World Championships. My dream to get to the NHL has come true and I want to secure a spot in North American hockey. It won’t be easy to make Detroit’s main lineup, but it is definitely worth a try.

Maybe it would have been easier not to leave the country, as some clubs pay even more than in the NHL? Especially since the taxes are so high in America…
I. Grigorenko: Money wasn’t the primary factor, I just want to play in the NHL. I will always have a chance to come back home.

You probably followed Detroit’s last games against Anaheim during the Stanley Cup Playoffs?
I. Grigorenko: Of course. The games ended up being great! Nobody gave anyone an inch • everyone battled to the end. That is the kind of hockey that I like and that is why I am going to America.

But you are a playmaker?
I. Grigorenko: I am prepared for physical hockey and do not experience any problems with it. Let them be scared of me over there.

How is your English?:
I. Grigorenko: Bad. I will be studying or always carrying a translator with me (laughing).

Is your family remaining home?
I. Grigorenko: Why? My wife and my child are coming with me and we won’t be apart.

Some eariler posts seem to be jumping the gun. A lack of patience. Sure he's got alot to prove, but can't deny his heart and attitude seem to be in the right place. As far as refusing to draft Russian players, that would be the stupidest thing a team could do besides refusing to draft Canadieans. Anyway I expect big things from this guy.

Every time I see a Russian player interviewed by Russian journalists, it always seems like they are trying to convince them to stay in Russia.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#66 flwingsfan07

flwingsfan07

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:13 PM

he played a good game in the pre season in tampa.

#67 Yzer19

Yzer19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ August 18, 2007 - 09:03AM) View Post

Every time I see a Russian player interviewed by Russian journalists, it always seems like they are trying to convince them to stay in Russia.

Not surprising. They want their best players to play for their Russian teams rather than play in the NHL. I can't say I blame them.

#68 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:02 PM

...and to close this chapter, Igor is not even listed as a Wings prospect anymore, at least not on redwingscentral.com. He's not even listed as a Russian Prospect...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#69 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE(LeftWinger @ November 13, 2007 - 07:02PM) View Post
...and to close this chapter, Igor is not even listed as a Wings prospect anymore, at least not on redwingscentral.com. He's not even listed as a Russian Prospect...

Grigs is 16th on the prospect list, between Ritola and Larsson. Look harder. smile.gif

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#70 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:37 PM

ever since being sent back. has he played on a game yet? or is he just chillin? i cant find any info.
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#71 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:34 PM

In six games with limited ice time he has scored once and has an assist.
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#72 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

oooh that means he got an assist last game, GO GRIGS

"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#73 redwings56

redwings56

Phenom

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:29 PM

How old is he?
and is he playing in Grand Rapids right now?
Thanks guys,
new to the forum.

Great Season Datsyuk

#74 Cicada

Cicada

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(redwings56 @ December 20, 2007 - 08:29PM) View Post

How old is he?
and is he playing in Grand Rapids right now?
Thanks guys,
new to the forum.

he went back to Russia as part of his contractural rights because he was in the minors more than 3 weeks.

he's mid twenties...25/26 something like that
IPB Image

#75 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(Cicada @ December 20, 2007 - 05:42PM) View Post

he went back to Russia as part of his contractural rights because he was in the minors more than 3 weeks.

he's mid twenties...25/26 something like that

#76 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:58 PM

well they said he will get a tryout offer once he gets his conditioning up, and i like that he still wants to come over. hes got a long way to go though.

http://www.redwingsc...7_RWCReport.php

#77 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:31 PM

On the brightside he is still alive.
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#78 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

Unfortunately, he is probably a bust. The accident did him in as well as the complacency of the RSL. Damn< I was hoping he would be the bull we need. If he wants his conditioning up - he should spend the off season with Cheli ( like Rex did) on Malibu. That will really get his Tzachuk ass in shape.
Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#79 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

he got himself the game winner today

#80 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:44 PM

I still hold out some hope for Grigs. He has great hands and on ice vision, which is why the wings
haven't given up on him. He now knows what he needs to do to crack the roster in Detroit, and I'm
still optimistic that he can get his fitness and speed up a notch. Yes he could join Rex in Chelis fitness
tour in the summer and I'm sure it would help out no end. He has stated that he'll use a power skating
coach to up his top end. Like someone has said, he could just sit back in the comfort zone of the RSL
collect his pay chq and fade into the distance. Or he liked what he saw in Hockeytown and wants it
bad enough to bust his ass off the rest of the year and make the team next fall. Time will tell.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.