• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tarpit

Forsberg for Schneider and Lilja

Rate this topic

i really, really dont see this happening. it would be nice to have forsberg on the wings, until he ends up getting injured again and missing the rest of the season.

but if by way of some miracle, forsberg came to the wings and stayed healthy, he would certainly help the team.

Guest wingsfan28__

Had anybody but me heard the buzzing about Forsberg for Schneider and Lilja??

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/...,923901,00.html

It swedish media so take it for what it is.

i f'n wished

probably wont happen though

lidstrom markov

kronwall lebda

quincey chelios

+ the all swede line

zetterberg forsberg samuelsson ( even though id ratrher have holmstrom therre then sammy)

Edited by wingsfan28__

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

kinda iffy. dosent rlly tailor to our weakness that we need to fill.

Heres the question tho. Hypotheticaly would u trade Schnieds and lilija for Gange?

Guest wingsfan28__

Detroit is loaded on offensive defenseman for sure, but they're also loaded at centre. Forsberg can play wing, but it doesn't make much sense except from a Flyers perspective. Detroit would have to get one defenseman in return.

unless we bring up quincey but your right we'd need another guy cause chelios cant play all those games , but we'd need someone pretty cheap cause we dont have much cap space and lilja and schneider together combine to 4.3 i think ?? which brings us up 1.2 to 1.5 more on the cap

anyone know our current cap situation?

Guest wingsfan28__

How about , Lilja , Scheinder & Datsyuk a 2nd for Forsberg & gagne

flyers arent that stupid to trade their 2 top forwards away + gagne is young and locked up long term ......i dont think id want him at 6 million for the next 4 yrs ( not sure if thats his exact contract .....still be enough though )

on another note i just reade this on spectors

Thanks to "CBGB" for the following: "Espo and Lewis were on XM204 today talking about destinations for Forsberg and Conroy. They said come the trade deadline, Forsberg will be the #1 attraction at an affordable 1 million - They mentioned Nashville, Atlanta and the Rangers - they ruled out a return to Colorado.

now if forsberg goes to nashville we might as well give up on the season

flyers arent that stupid to trade their 2 top forwards away + gagne is young and locked up long term ......i dont think id want him at 6 million for the next 4 yrs ( not sure if thats his exact contract .....still be enough though )

on another note i just reade this on spectors

Thanks to "CBGB" for the following: "Espo and Lewis were on XM204 today talking about destinations for Forsberg and Conroy. They said come the trade deadline, Forsberg will be the #1 attraction at an affordable 1 million - They mentioned Nashville, Atlanta and the Rangers - they ruled out a return to Colorado.

Yeah, because Forsberg is such a difference maker he'll offset whatever Nashville sends back? Judging by the value exchange in the Witt trade, Nashville would be willing to ship them Kariya and Sullivan for Forsberg.

Detroit is loaded on offensive defenseman for sure, but they're also loaded at centre. Forsberg can play wing, but it doesn't make much sense except from a Flyers perspective. Detroit would have to get one defenseman in return.

Barnesy, can you translate?

give up? why? Breathe on him wrong and he's out with an injury.

Just say no to Foresbergkin.

Edited by FireCaptain

very very very rough translation from SysTran.

ennerholm: Foppa is NHL: s hotest - but not on that way you desire

Peter Forsberg is NHL: s hotest players presently.

But not on that way he desires.

Rumours seat him in mass of second NHL - clubs.

The hottest: To svenskklubben Detroit in exchange against the slope Mathieu Schneider.

Now, I take all traderykten for what the is.

Spekulationer. Foppa is presently facing in both Detroit, Vancouver and Calgary.

Ottawas Daniel Alfredsson has in several days been on road to Kings, but the was denied strongly of the law buddies this night.

On the other hand Peter Forsberg has almost never been involved in that type of rumours. He has always been “untouchable†- for important for its team to ever be changed away.

The is he now also, but he never earlier has played in a team so desperate as Philadelphia.

And the is not ahead the problems exists.

The is backward. Therefore, a byte business with Detroit does not feel equally impossible, that about he may to submit Colorado during quantity small river clean.

Detroit has the offensive slope Mathieu Schneider that is in same situation as Foppa - with a contract that goes out after this season and that since is free to go each he wants to.

No impossible scenario

Traden willed in that case also contain the defensive Swedish slope Andreas Lilja.

The is no impossible scenario.

And Foppa in Detroit - wow! I do not believe alone he willed have some towards such a byte business. Foppa, Zäta and be suffered in same law.

Yum-yum filibabba.

Asks two: Is the amazing that Foppa packed and stung after to have may 2+10 for misconduct and 2-5 against Tampa? Absolute not.

The is just the as does - and done - Foppa so big.

Has won all

Despite that he is 33 years and has won whatever goes to win and has more millions than the goes to count on rappings, is he still equally sour after a loss. Precise as then he each fifteen.

The is his true quantity.

But the collides of course with the information to last law captain in NHL.

To stand and to be reset and analytical after a loss is not his correct gadget.

But who willed otherwise last law captain in Philadelphia?

In NHL must omklädningsrummen open for the pressure five minutes after the game's ends (intends you the, Zlatan!).

Otherwise, the fine becomes.

After the loss against Pittsburgh (2-8) closed Philadelphia the door for the pressure in twenty minutes. Then might the be fined 10000 dollars - 75000 Swedish sek.

Same penalty applies if the law captain disappears after the game.

But that pressure band that follows Flyers have not reported klubben in order to Foppa disappeared.

The says a lot of.

Edited by FireCaptain

Guest wingsfan28__

mat schneider (3.3)

jason williams (1.6)

joey mcdonald (550k)

for

forsberg (5.75)

5th rounder

would you do it if it was possible guys ??

i know the flyers got esche and nittymaki but they need any help they can get in nets

Guest wingsfan28__

ya cause forsberg is the worst player in the nhl lmfao

god forbig we get him ........our season would be over lol

please oh please NO.

there are certain players that do not deserve to wear the winged wheel.......

bryan marchment

paul kariya

todd bertuzzi

rod brindamour

theoren fleury

bryan allen (canuck guy that likes to break legs)

patrick roy

anyone that has ever don'ed a avalanche jersey

and peter f*@king foreskin

thank you.

Here's a summary of the important parts:

Rumors place Forsberg in a bunch of NHL-teams. One of the most intense is Detroit, in exchange for defensemen Mathieu Schneider and Andreas Lilja. The author point out that rumors usually are nothing but speculations and that current rumors place Forsberg in Detroit, Vancouver and Calgary all at the same time. However it is unusual for Forsberg to appear in such rumors, he has always been considered untouchable, but the Flyers are now desparate. The main problem is not offense, but defense. This is why a deal for Schneider and Lilja could make sense writes the author. Both Schneider and Forsberg are UFA's after this season.

Then the article goes on to describe some incidents as of late, apparently the Flyers locked the door to the dressing room for 20 minutes after the loss vs Pittsburgh (2-8) and had to fine $10.000. Forsberg also disappeared after the game, but recieved no punishment.

---

If you ask me this is nothing. This guy is an absolute nobody when it comes to rumors. He didn't even mention a source, only that rumors are circulating. He could have gotten this "rumor" from pretty much any hockey message board out there and thought it would make a decent story since it involves Forsberg (big news in Sweden).

There's a huge difference between SIGNINGS and TRADE RUMORS. Swedish media is usually on top of player signings involving Swedes. They usually recieve such news right away, either by talking to the player himself or his agent. Trade rumors are different though, now we're talking about events yet to take place and the sources for these things would be totaly different. I wouldn't think twice about any trade rumor in Swedish media unless I've read it elsewhere first.

Here's a summary of the important parts:

Rumors place Forsberg in a bunch of NHL-teams. One of the most intense is Detroit, in exchange for defensemen Mathieu Schneider and Andreas Lilja. The author point out that rumors usually are nothing but speculations and that current rumors place Forsberg in Detroit, Vancouver and Calgary all at the same time. However it is unusual for Forsberg to appear in such rumors, he has always been considered untouchable, but the Flyers are now desparate. The main problem is not offense, but defense. This is why a deal for Schneider and Lilja could make sense writes the author. Both Schneider and Forsberg are UFA's after this season.

Then the article goes on to describe some incidents as of late, apparently the Flyers locked the door to the dressing room for 20 minutes after the loss vs Pittsburgh (2-8) and had to fine $10.000. Forsberg also disappeared after the game, but recieved no punishment.

---

If you ask me this is nothing. This guy is an absolute nobody when it comes to rumors. He didn't even mention a source, only that rumors are circulating. He could have gotten this "rumor" from pretty much any hockey message board out there and thought it would make a decent story since it involves Forsberg (big news in Sweden).

There's a huge difference between SIGNINGS and TRADE RUMORS. Swedish media is usually on top of player signings involving Swedes. They usually recieve such news right away, either by talking to the player himself or his agent. Trade rumors are different though, now we're talking about events yet to take place and the sources for these things would be totaly different. I wouldn't think twice about any trade rumor in Swedish media unless I've read it elsewhere first.

Thanks Barnesy!

Hmmmm. Don't see it happening, but I'd make that trade in a heartbeat if it involved dumping Lilja and moving Schneider. Sure, we're loaded at centre, but Forsberg's a ddifference-maker, one of the best players in this league when he's healthy -- Lang would probably then get moved anyway. Good as Schneider is, I can live without his offence and bad defensive lapses. But, again, I can't see this deal happening, although it would make sense to me if, say, Calgary worked out a trade, or the Preds. Jeez, can you imagine the Predators with Forsberg on that squad???

Guest wingsfan28__

I know we all love to hate Forsberg but we cannot deny the fact that he is AMAZING and by far one of the best players in the world.

But I don't want to see Schneids go. IF something were to happen.

well its gotta be lang or schneider cause of their salary and id rather get rid of mats since we need more goal scoring