• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bkaus

Terry Virtue

Rate this topic

Guest bkaus

He joined your team late last season and played with you in the playoffs. He had 8 assists in the playoffs so he must have been getting decent ice time. This year he moved down the CHL as a player/asst coach with Austin. I had expected him to be a total stud at this level, but his play has been awful. It seems like he can barely stand up on his skates. Did something happen to him during the playoffs or off-season? It's been a mystery to us down here.

I'd say that Virtue played like ass while he was here, too. We would be on the power play, and when the puck was passed to him, it would just magically end up outside our attacking zone, forcing us to regroup. Or even better, he would lose the puck, the other team would jump on it, and start a break, Virtue would then be stuck, so he would just tackle the guy, forcing us to give up the PP, or go short handed. He would run his mouth to the ref when he DID the penalty, putting the team in a worse situation...what else can I say... He just all around sucked when he was here. He might have been a good locker room personality, but his on ice play was lacking. I'm glad that he's gone, and I am sorry for you, and your team for having him.

Hello Griffins fans and Icebat fans,

Heres a little intake from someone who has been a fan of Virtue since 1994. He is a class act guy plays his ass off no matter what. He has allways been a great leader since day one out of all the years hes been in hockey only one season did he not serve as a captian or a assitant captain and that was in 94. He has won 2 calder cup rings best Dman in worcester all 4 years and 2 years in hartford also one save of the game over 12 times. Hes a true leader he plays with a chip every game he can hit,fight and even score and set up plays better then anyone. In 1998 he scored 8 G and 48A that was his best year as a pro that season he earned his first call up as a Boston Bruin had a fight in preseason with the greatest fighter of alltime mr.probert even though terry got his asskicked he still had the balls to drop his gloves with the king!. What im trying to say is Terry has been a great hockey player where ever he played holds all worcester icecat records for pims games and points hes getting old 36 now he is limited on the ice and wont put up great numbers hes with the icebats for leadership and thats it! His best days are clearly behind him but everywhere he goes he does good! so all im saying is give him Time with the icebats im sure by the end of the season there will be more number 3 virtue jerseys in the stands then any other player. Oh and who ever was saying all Terry did was ***** at the refs thats just him hes been a hothead since he was 23 years old.

Heres a couple of links you can read up about virtue.

http://mt.hockeybird.com/archives/000826.html

Virtue scores a hatrick 3powerplay goals

http://www.wpi.edu/News/TechNews/961210/IceCats.html

Just a little about him you guys have to see him play more then 14 games before you can judge the guy.

It sounds like he was a great player, back in the day. But he doesn't have the legs to play in this new style of hockey. He cost the Griffins last year, in more games than he should have. He got beat, repeatedly. It got to the point when he was on the ice, I'd be crossing my fingers, hoping he made it back to the bench without screwing up. he was the last thing the team needed last year, on the ice. I dont know how great of a leader he was in the locker room, so I'm not commenting on that side of things.

It sounds like he was a great player, back in the day. But he doesn't have the legs to play in this new style of hockey. He cost the Griffins last year, in more games than he should have. He got beat, repeatedly. It got to the point when he was on the ice, I'd be crossing my fingers, hoping he made it back to the bench without screwing up. he was the last thing the team needed last year, on the ice. I dont know how great of a leader he was in the locker room, so I'm not commenting on that side of things.

I agree he does not have the speed for the new style of the game and I think thats why he has had such a hard time finding a place to play the last 3 years. It's sad for someone who has been such a big fan of his to read hes getting slow. I havent seen him play in 3 years now besides one Griffens game in the playoffs and I did not see anything wrong with his play besides him being slower then I remember but back in the day the guy could fly. After being in the ECHL all season and then getting a call from the Grand Rapids It takes time to get use to the fast pace game but you guys know better then I do cause like I said i havent gotten to see him in years now cause I live in New Hampshire but keep a open mind on Terry.