• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BlueMonk

Pugilist Corner

Rate this topic

I just read that A.O. threw down against Mair tonight after checking Briere into the boards. Anyone see it?

Nah, A.O hit someone from behind and Paul Gaustad went after him. A.O. didnt fight back at all from what i read. Mair fought Muir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvIK-FLJgn4...ted&search=

I found the video of the fight they had a couple nights ago and during the game Laraque was mic'ed up. Before the fight he tells Ivanans if he wants to go and then tells him good luck and they both drop the gloves. Pretty funny stuff. Thought I'd post it.

I've always loved Laroque. It's amazing how nonchalant that goes. Just another part of the game to these guys. It's weird how they can be so calm about the decision, but yet so violent once it starts.

that was pretty funny, that made the hockey fights look like they are just staged and fake kinda. (i know thats not the case) lol imagine if they put a mic on avery!

:hehe: i dont think they would be able to show it on tv

just a thought, it would be funny if laraque had a mic in a game against us..

laraque at the redwings bench after injuring one of our players: anyone wanna go???

laraque: anyone???

laraque:::sniff sniff::: .... why does it smell like someone just pissed their pants over here??

- Mini-brawl featuring Yzerman getting into a tuft with Macguire. Watch the respect that Probert gets out there. Barasso practically craps his pants. Its nice to see the days when the Wings were able to field a roster of players willing to protect their captain.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5leeigoZqnU - Probert/Domi, Chiasson/Cirella, Gallant/Broten

Laraque would look damn good in a Wings jersey. 15pts in 27 games and he's the undisputed heavyweight in the league. I really wonder why Holland did not make a pitch to him last year? If Phoenix is out of it by Feb. I hope he tries to trade for him. Lilja for Laraque? (we could even throw in Lilja's plane ticket to Phoenix as part of the deal)

Laraque would look damn good in a Wings jersey. 15pts in 27 games and he's the undisputed heavyweight in the league. I really wonder why Holland did not make a pitch to him last year? If Phoenix is out of it by Feb. I hope he tries to trade for him. Lilja for Laraque? (we could even throw in Lilja's plane ticket to Phoenix as part of the deal)

Even if Phoenix were out of it...what use is Lilja to them?? Thats a pointless trade, wy not just keep Laraque?

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Okay, so this is a 2 part question b/c i'm curious to know who really, really likes fighting around here and who do you like to watch.

1. Who is your favorite fighter?

2. Which fighter do you despise the most?

For me

Fav = Chris Neil. Concrete block for a head, can take a punch with the best of them, excellent skater, big hitter, excellent fighter and has a nice set of skills.

I despise = Jordin Tootoo. I love the heart and effort but jeez do I hate this guy. He runs people and he's do damned small, squat and strong that when he fights its nearly impossible to beat him with strength or balance and I have yet to see him get licked in a fight. I just want to see him get his ass handed to him so bad it drives me nuts.

PS Hopefully Neil has the flu today b/c for those who may not know much about him, he's exactly the type of player that could do serious damage to a team like ours.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Okay, so this is a 2 part question b/c i'm curious to know who really, really likes fighting around here and who do you like to watch.

For me

1) I'd have to say Janssen followed closely by McGrattan. All- time would be Twist and Brad May.

2) I dont really despise any fighters, the little s*** talkers like Barnaby that most people hate i tend to like. I used to hate Dingman and Mckenna but they arent around anymore. For whatever reason, I always root for the other guy when Jody Shelley fights...no idea why but i just do. So i guess he'd be the closest thing.

This Caps/Leafs game has some potential to be pretty physical. I cant see how Brashear vs Belak doesnt go down! Ondrus is in as well...maybe him and Sutherby, or Bradley if hes playing.

1. Cam Janssen or Chris Neil. Janssen is a good skater and has great speed for a fighter. Neil has a lot of good scoring potential, and can be used in a lot of different situations. Both bring more to the table than just fighting.

2. Eh, that's tough. Just a few names I'll throw in: Jordan Tootoo, Donald Brashear, Matt Barnaby, Bryan Marchment, Scott Parker. Those five top that catagory.

1) Today's fighter has to be Janssen, because just everyone he fights is bigger than him. And Laraque, he is so strong and can take anyone's punch.

2) Booger, because the damn bastard is bigger than anyone, it seems almost unfair. Also Bashear, because I remeber what a punk he use to be. Love to see these 2 fight and just beat the hell out one another.