• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BlueMonk

Pugilist Corner

Rate this topic

Brashear gets one game for that crap he pulls, but Orr gets five games for doing nothing more than responding to it. And I guess sucker punches are in fashion again. The league has no problem with an idiot coach (Hanlon) sending a tough guy out to rough up a star European player and cheap shotting a guy for something he said, but they crack down hard on the other team for responding to that.

The sense of justice in this league is beyond me.

Brashear gets one game for that crap he pulls, but Orr gets five games for doing nothing more than responding to it. And I guess sucker punches are in fashion again. The league has no problem with an idiot coach (Hanlon) sending a tough guy out to rough up a star European player and cheap shotting a guy for something he said, but they crack down hard on the other team for responding to that.

The sense of justice in this league is beyond me.

I couldn't understand that either. Orr gets 5 games for responding to what Brashear did, but more than likely he got the suspension for the fact that it was Ovechkin that he went after. Brashear goes after Ward, and only gets 1 game for it, again further proving the name on the back of the jersey dictates how long/whether or not there is a suspension. Brashear is a repeat offender, and that alone should have gotten him suspended longer...he got suspended for his part in the Atlanta/Washington brawl. And yet Ovechkin gets no suspension when he sends Briere into the boards like Lemieux did to Drapes. Further proof Colin Campbell needs to be gotten rid of.

I couldn't understand that either. Orr gets 5 games for responding to what Brashear did, but more than likely he got the suspension for the fact that it was Ovechkin that he went after. Brashear goes after Ward, and only gets 1 game for it, again further proving the name on the back of the jersey dictates how long/whether or not there is a suspension. Brashear is a repeat offender, and that alone should have gotten him suspended longer...he got suspended for his part in the Atlanta/Washington brawl. And yet Ovechkin gets no suspension when he sends Briere into the boards like Lemieux did to Drapes. Further proof Colin Campbell needs to be gotten rid of.

Agreed

- Mini-brawl featuring Yzerman getting into a tuft with Macguire. Watch the respect that Probert gets out there. Barasso practically craps his pants. Its nice to see the days when the Wings were able to field a roster of players willing to protect their captain.

I just like how Probert waits, even though there is a brawl, he waits just till the right moment and then BOOM and Macguire is out. :P

Did anyone see the Peters/Brashear fight? It is on hockeyfights.com. Peters caught old Donald with 2 big rights. Nice fight for this kid. He is quickly making a name for himself. And it was great to see Brashear get hammered.

I commented on that in the Flyers on VS thread. Great fight! How about that squareoff? Gotta love a winger dropping 'em with a defenseman right off the faceoff!

Hopefully Peters is dressed tomorrow so we can get another VS showdown with Fedoruk.

I commented on that in the Flyers on VS thread. Great fight! How about that squareoff? Gotta love a winger dropping 'em with a defenseman right off the faceoff!

Hopefully Peters is dressed tomorrow so we can get another VS showdown with Fedoruk.

Damn i'll have to look on youtube later on

Well, after 7 years or so of waiting for the rematch, the top two heavyweights fought tonight. Brashear and Laraque in as disappointing a fight as you might expect from two fighters with their styles. Brashear landed one solid punch to start the fight, then Laraque got in two before going for the takedown.

Possible future of the heavyweight division? Here's one vote for D.J. King of the Blues. Another nice win last night, this time over Parros. He's split time with the AHL but only NHL loss to Boogaard...he's looked pretty darn good. Only 23 years old...very tough kid.

Not that its surprising given that Barch was out of his league, but King laid a pretty good whoopin' on him last night. I really like this guy!

Not that its surprising given that Barch was out of his league, but King laid a pretty good whoopin' on him last night. I really like this guy!

If I'm not mistaken- that their 4th or 5th fight together

If I'm not mistaken- that their 4th or 5th fight together

Yeah, they also went 2 or 3 times in the A. Never seen the fights, but i think i read that King judt owned him each time. Barch gets an A for heart i guess, but he's much more suited for fighting guys like Mayers and the like.

neither one is close to their prime anymore. I'd take Laraque if I had to have one, Brashear has been a shadow of himself for a few years now.

I don't agree with that at all. Brashear's style isn't very entertaining, but he's still almost unbeatable. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the guy, he's everything an enforcer shouldn't be. But I don't see any decline in his fighting skills.

Possible future of the heavyweight division? Here's one vote for D.J. King of the Blues. Another nice win last night, this time over Parros. He's split time with the AHL but only NHL loss to Boogaard...he's looked pretty darn good. Only 23 years old...very tough kid.

He's very impressive. He goes only 6'0" and 185 lbs, I think. But he's fighting the big heavies and doing really well.

I don't agree with that at all. Brashear's style isn't very entertaining, but he's still almost unbeatable. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the guy, he's everything an enforcer shouldn't be. But I don't see any decline in his fighting skills.

He's very impressive. He goes only 6'0" and 185 lbs, I think. But he's fighting the big heavies and doing really well.

I believe hockeyfights.com has him listed at 6'2 220 possibly, which seems much more believable looking at him...especially against Barch. I think the folks over at Yahoo are yahoos.

There is a small decline in Brashear i think, in years past there was no way in hell he'd lose to someone like Downey. He'd chew him up! He used to be as close to unbeatable as it gets, now he gets the occasional L. He's still top 3 though.

Just checked hockeydb, King is listed at 6'3 230 over there.

So, Stars-Canucks had a little emotion at the end of the game. Burrows takes a good chop at Morrow during a Dallas PP and does some real damage. Morrow can't even put weight on his foot, maybe a broken ankle or achilles injury? The next stop in play, Morrow literally hops on one skate towards the Vancouver bench - the look on his face just priceless - and starts throwing punches at Burrows. Cowan steps in to defend Burrows and they send both Cowan and Morrow to the showers. It looked like Green and Ott tried to go after the final horn, but the stripes came in and broke up a big scrum.

Also, pretty disappointed in the passivity of Boogey in game 5. I was expecting more. Not sure if it was Lemaire who put the cuffs on him or what, but he was a non-factor and seemed to turn down a couple of dance offers. He also wasn't in the handshake line, which is pretty hard to understand.