• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wingsfan28__

FORSBERG TO BE TRADED (WITHIN THE NEXT 24HRS)

Rate this topic

Guest wingsfan28__

UPDATED: 1:15 PM EST

FORSBERG TO BE DEALT SOON?

HADLEYONSPORTS.COM: John Hadley reports Philadelphia Flyers forward Peter Forsberg will be dealt to either San Jose or Colorado within the next 24 hours.

Spector's Note: No word from Hadley as to which players could be going the other way. He usually has a pretty good track record breaking potential moves so this could be one worth watching.

if that happens there goes any hope i had of forsberg ever coming to detroit lol :( , and if san jose gets him they won the west hands down , we'd be screwed , not so scared if colorado gets him back

A trade with the likes of Forsberg for Nabokov and a pick would be really reasonable.

However, I don't know what Colorado would do. I just don't imagine him going back to Colorado really.

I just can't really see Fosberg fitting on to that San Jose team with all the talent they already have. Yeah, never say never, but really, do they have any room? I guess they could trade a forward, but I would think that Philly is going to be demanding a solid goalie in return.

The way I see it, here are some scenarios:

- Forsberg to Colorado for Theodore or Budai... but I think Budai is starting to come into his own, that kid has a good amount of talent and could be a starter for them.

- to San Jose for Nabokov and Bell

- to Montreal for Abeischer

- to Detroit for Datsyuk (hahaha, it sounds cool, but with the rate of Forsberg being injured, it would be scary)

Edited by SwedeLundin77

Guest wingsfan28__

I just can't really see Fosberg fitting on to that San Jose team with all the talent they already have. Yeah, never say never, but really, do they have any room? I guess they could trade a forward, but I would think that Philly is going to be demanding a solid goalie in return.

The way I see it, here are some scenarios:

- Forsberg to Colorado for Theodore or Budai... but I think Budai is starting to come into his own, that kid has a good amount of talent and could be a starter for them.

- to San Jose for Nabokov and Bell

- to Montreal for Abeischer

- to Detroit for Datsyuk (hahaha, it sounds cool, but with the rate of Forsberg being injured, it would be scary)

colorado is stuck with theodore lol , philly would never ask for him

philly would never trade forsberg to mtl for abeischer alone

they definetly needhelp on defense and in nets , i can see nabokov for forsberg in some sense but theyd still need defensive help

If the Sharks get Forsberg..I would die.

They really can't get any better. That's scary as HELL if that were to happen. Yikes.

Going back to the Avs would make sense though. Put him Sakic and Hejduk back together.

Not only would that make the avs a better team ( Which i whope never happens .,.. ever ) , but if he went to san jose :scared:

If the Sharks get Forsberg..I would die.

They really can't get any better. That's scary as HELL if that were to happen. Yikes.

Forsberg's addition would leave them with so many weapons that the United Nations would think of asking for sanctions against SJ.

If Colorado trades for Forsberg...it's Theodore.

Budaj is not a better goalie prospect than, say, Niitymaki. And he's no closer to being an NHL-level starter, either.

Theodore, however, has won a Vezina.

If the Flyers did trade Forsberg for Theodore, you'd have to see Esche going back the other way and a forward going to Philly. Otherwise the Avs are short a goalie and the Flyers are short of NHL-caliber forwards.

Maybe Forsberg and Esche for Theodore and Tyler Arnason?

Guest wingsfan28__

he'll be traded at the deadline when teams will be able to absorb his contract

I really dont see Forsberg coming to Detroit with all the history of fights and what not. Hes a good player but with his age and always being injured it just does not seem like the best move. The Wings were slow last year and got completely outplayed by a younger and faster Edmonton team. We need more young talent I think so that the Wings will actually be able to contend for a play off spot this year.

I really dont see Forsberg coming to Detroit with all the history of fights and what not. Hes a good player but with his age and always being injured it just does not seem like the best move. The Wings were slow last year and got completely outplayed by a younger and faster Edmonton team. We need more young talent I think so that the Wings will actually be able to contend for a play off spot this year.

The Red Wings need Peter Forsberg. He's available. The former Avalanche great is wallowing in Philadelphia and just might consider waiving the no-trade clause in the final months of his two-year contract with the Flyers to come to Detroit and create an elite Swedish national team.

-- Detroit Free Press