• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

Ryan Smyth is unhappy in Edmonton right now

Rate this topic

That would be quite A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Therefore because it will be amazing..it will never happen.

well i dunno lets take a trip to seths fantasy land shall we?

Reality: Doan UFA this summer....price: what 4 million? 4.5? (and yes correct me if wrong here)

Reality: there is a damn good chance he will test the market. Dude wants to start winning now that hes "hitting his prime". The Yotes of course will not be the place for this.

Reality: Even though Smyth is the face of the Oilers. Would they really pass up on Dats? They are a speed team. Also, we all know Dats is going to be shooting for toughly 6+ million. If Smyth is shooting for a cool 5 then deal!!!!!

Williams, Lang and Schnids are up and coming UFAs. Im not a huge fan of the first too but I'd still lock em up. 3 years for Williams and 2 for Lang. Schnids, Ive come around you guys are right we need to hold onto him. Lock him up to half bleep replace Lids when he leaves to play golf in Sweden.

If Doan and Smyth are available there is no reason we should go for both and dump Dats. They would, without question be worth it.

Guest wingnut98

are you guys on drugs, dats for smyth i don't think so, smyth is a joke. i don't think he dives enough!

Hank - Lang - Doan

Smyth - Hudler - Grigs

Homer - Draper - Cleary

Sam the Swede - Franzen - Booter

pretty nice...cept not room for Williams.

Hank - Lang - Doan

Smyth - Hudler - Grigs

Homer - Draper - Cleary

Sam the Swede - Franzen - Booter

pretty nice...cept not room for Williams.

Bootland most likely will never play for the Red Wings. He'd need to miraculously learn how to skate at an NHL level and there's been no strides to that.

I could roll with the above as well except for Maltby..man that dude is done. Enough is enough. Whens his contract run out already? Let some young'in take his spot. I just don't see the player playin the game we need out of him.

wow another trade Datsyuk thread, This time its trade Dats for Smyth hahahah I take it not many of you guys actually play the game. Smyth is no where near the talent level of Datsyuk. Hes a Tall Gumpy player, He has zero speed, skates like crap, all he can do is stand infront and sometimes ontop of goalies and whack in garbage rebound goals. I say leave his ugly ass back in Canada. I don't want him here.

now for example a good pick up for the Wings would be Brian Rolston, tough player with skills.

wow another trade Datsyuk thread, This time its trade Dats for Smyth hahahah I take it not many of you guys actually play the game. Smyth is no where near the talent level of Datsyuk. Hes a Tall Gumpy player, He has zero speed, skates like crap, all he can do is stand infront and sometimes ontop of goalies and whack in garbage rebound goals. I say leave his ugly ass back in Canada. I don't want him here.

Are you talking about the Ryan Smyth who had 36 goals last year and is on pace for over 50 this year? You know, the Ryan Smyth who led his team to the Cup Finals last year? The Ryan Smyth who plays his heart out and is extremely gritty?

Smyth's style of play happens to be extremely effective in the playoffs. Refresh my memory, how effective has Datsyuk's been?

QUOTE(WingNutt @ November 29, 2006 - 03:16PM) *

Are you talking about the Ryan Smyth who had 36 goals last year and is on pace for over 50 this year? You know, the Ryan Smyth who led his team to the Cup Finals last year? The Ryan Smyth who plays his heart out and is extremely gritty?

Smyth's style of play happens to be extremely effective in the playoffs. Refresh my memory, how effective has Datsyuk's been?

Two things...

1. It seems that WingNutt has not watched Smyth play very much. Smyth has played his style of hockey since he entered the league and his style of hockey is the primary reason The Oilers have knocked many, many top seed contenders out of the playoffs. Even with far less talented Oiler teams.

2. Just look at WingNutt's avatar & signature. That's explanation enough.

Two things...

1. It seems that WingNutt has not watched Smyth play very much. Smyth has played his style of hockey since he entered the league and his style of hockey is the primary reason The Oilers have knocked many, many top seed contenders out of the playoffs. Even with far less talented Oiler teams.

2. Just look at WingNutt's avatar & signature. That's explanation enough.

1. Agreed!!!

2. I also noticed this :yowza:

Wow! nothing gets by you guys, I am Datsyuk fan, on RedWings Message Boards !!? Imagine that

Datsyuk fan or not I wouldn't take Smyth for trade on anyone on the wings, Hes the enemy, I truly feel as a long time participant and fan or the game that he is a overrated player. Hes not getting any younger either.

Just incase someone missed it or is not smart enough to figure it out. Yes I am a fan of Pavel Datsyuk.

Edited by WingNutt

Wow! nothing gets by you guys, I am Datsyuk fan, on RedWings Message Boards !!? Imagine that

Datsyuk fan or not I wouldn't take Smyth for trade on anyone on the wings, Hes the enemy, I truly feel as a long time participant and fan or the game that he is a overrated player. Hes not getting any younger either.

Just incase someone missed it or is not smart enough to figure it out. Yes I am a fan of Pavel Datsyuk.

What will you do when Datsyuk plays for another team?!??!?!