• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wingsfan28__

JIMMY HOWARD

Rate this topic

Guest wingsfan28__

i just checked some stats on griffins players and i gotta say i wasnt impressed with how howard seems to be doing , i know numbers arent always telling but they werent great by any means ........has anyone been seeing him play this season ?? whats your take ??

on a side note ....i think our defensive prospects have been doing pretty good , from my take anyways even though it wont happen i can see 3 guys coming in next season with the wings ....... quincey , ericsson who's been doing really good in the ahl , leads the team in +/-, big body ......and kindl who from what i read almost made the team is another big body who can play offensivly and is logging in 30 minutes a night in the juniors and is tied for 2nd in defensemen in pts,

i think quincey will be the only one to make the team unless we get rid of schneider and bring up kindl which i wouldnt mind too much depending on the ice time he gets

anyways lol back to jimmy howard ........thoughts ??

i just checked some stats on griffins players and i gotta say i wasnt impressed with how howard seems to be doing , i know numbers arent always telling but they werent great by any means ........has anyone been seeing him play this season ?? whats your take ??

on a side note ....i think our defensive prospects have been doing pretty good , from my take anyways even though it wont happen i can see 3 guys coming in next season with the wings ....... quincey , ericsson who's been doing really good in the ahl , leads the team in +/-, big body ......and kindl who from what i read almost made the team is another big body who can play offensivly and is logging in 30 minutes a night in the juniors and is tied for 2nd in defensemen in pts,

i think quincey will be the only one to make the team unless we get rid of schneider and bring up kindl which i wouldnt mind too much depending on the ice time he gets

anyways lol back to jimmy howard ........thoughts ??

He's playing on a horrible Grand Rapids team, so not much he can do about his numbers. They've hung him out to dry.

Highly-touted Howard still learning from 'bumps in the road' ...

Jimmy Howard is still learning the ropes on the farm.

The second-year pro goaltender with the Grand Rapids Griffins has had an up-and-down campaign in the American Hockey League, with a 7-7 record, a shutout, a 3.04 goals-against average and a .895 save percentage.

Soft goals have been the 22-year-old’s Achilles heel.

“There have been a few that he’d like to have back, I know, but it’s part of the process,†said Griffins general manager Bob McNamara. “It happens here, and it happens in the NHL. The difference is, the guys in the NHL understand the goal that just went in has no bearing on the shot they’re going to face.â€Â

Howard, drafted 64th overall in 2003, is the top goaltending prospect in the Detroit Red Wings’ system. He left the University of Maine in 2005 after his junior year and backstopped the Griffins to a regular-season pennant, going 27-6-2 with a 2.58 goals-against average en route to all-rookie honors.

Link

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Guest wingsfan28__

i just read that before , makes me think he might have another year in the ahl before he makes it with the wings

I know a lot ofus on here have been waiting for Howard next year.

But i looks like he might not be ready for full-time NHL duty when next season rolls around...which brings the question;

Osgood/Liv in 07-08?

This is the tandem I wanted for this season. Stefan might not be as strong a prospect, but he's more NHL-ready than Howard and would probably be the better choice to pair with Ozzie. MacDonald is an ok goalie, but he'll likely be traded or waived by that point as he is not as good as Liv.

I know a lot ofus on here have been waiting for Howard next year.

But i looks like he might not be ready for full-time NHL duty when next season rolls around...which brings the question;

Osgood/Liv in 07-08?

This is the tandem I wanted for this season. Stefan might not be as strong a prospect, but he's more NHL-ready than Howard and would probably be the better choice to pair with Ozzie. MacDonald is an ok goalie, but he'll likely be traded or waived by that point as he is not as good as Liv.

Liv's stats are much worse than Howard's down in Grand Rapids. Liv let in five goals on 19 shots the other night and has let in twenty-two goals total over the 7 games he played. They're both still struggling though.

Edited by Kass

Liv's stats are much worse than Howard's down in Grand Rapids. Liv let in five goals on 19 shots the other night and has let in twenty-two goals total over the 7 games he played. They're both still struggling though.

.895 to .894 save percentage....and the defense has been much better in front of Howard.

This is what I understand and feel like I know. Howard will not be ready for the big show next year which is just fine. Yes goalies do take longer to develop, many of us know this. If Holland goes with havingt Howard spend the next 2 years in GR I'd be cool with that. The more experiance the better. For next year....pending playoff performance...Hasek will noit be back. From what I understand of the UFA 07 marekt there will be a few goalies. I'd either grab a decent 2-3 year rental and have Ozzie back him up or go with what we talked about all summer of a Ozzie/Liv tandem. The reason I go with Liv is just as the article states.. GR isn't that great of a team this year. I think Liv would do just fine at the Joe with our D in front of him.

Guest wingsfan28__

Big game from Howard tonight! Saved 39 of 40 shots and was named the 1st Star. He is 5-1-1 in his last 7 starts.

awesome news

lets hope he keeps it up

Howard has a .944 SV% since he got back from his injury(3 games)... :clap::clap:

He also had a .911 SV%(10GP) in December.. He's really starting to 'turn on' after the slow start.

Edited by arin

Thanks to everyone who keeps posting updates here! That's part of what makes this site so great.

On a side note, it's great to see Howard playing this well. Hopefully the Grifs can make the playoffs, so he can make up for last years performance. It might be his last hurdle before playing with the Wings.