• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Kolanos and Norton

Rate this topic

I see neither iced against the Wolves, I heard there was a problem with Krys attitude

but wasn't sure if Brad was suspended or not. Any one got any info on either of them?

The last I heard, Kolanos is apparently "done", because of this supposed attitude thing. So if the rumors are true, he wont be back. I think Norton was just a healthy scratch...I thought I spotted him last night with some of the other scratched players...I'm not sure...I sure would have loved to have had Norton on the ice to end the game..give Larose or whatever his name was the beating of a life time....

Griffins defenseman Brad Norton missed the game with an injury and will not make the Texas trip. Forward Krys Kolanos is no longer with the Griffins, but no new assignment has been announced by the parent Red Wings.

http://www.mlive.com/griffins/grpress/inde...&thispage=2

I never knew he got injured..I wonder how that happened....do you know?

thats really too bad Kolanos couldnt get his freakin act together. Could;ve been a pretty good player in GR and earn his spot in the big time.

Besides Johnson (who retired anyways), Kolanos was Hollands only real signing on forward. What a deadpan, both guy's aren't even playing with the Wings now.

It's too bad, Because I alway's liked Kolanos. I think he's a lot better than Hudler, but Hudler gets the free ride (one-way contract).

More than likely, Kolanos' attitude problem="I thought I was signing to play in Detroit! The AHL sucks."

Exactly what I was thinking...If he would have proven himself in the AHL he might have been bumped up a few games and got a fair chance to make the roster again next year. Oh Well....

Besides Johnson (who retired anyways), Kolanos was Hollands only real signing on forward. What a deadpan, both guy's aren't even playing with the Wings now.

It's too bad, Because I alway's liked Kolanos. I think he's a lot better than Hudler, but Hudler gets the free ride (one-way contract).

Sorry I would have to disagree, Hudler is a much better player then Kolanos hands down.

Exactly what I was thinking...If he would have proven himself in the AHL he might have been bumped up a few games and got a fair chance to make the roster again next year. Oh Well....

Sorry I would have to disagree, Hudler is a much better player then Kolanos hands down.

If Kolanos was better, some other team would have picked him up by now.

If Kolanos was better, some other team would have picked him up by now.

Do you guys remember when Kolanos came into the league? He was supposedly going to be pretty damn good.

His goal against Roy:

Once he got that hit from behind, and then the concussion that resulted, he quickly dropped off the hockey map. He stopped going into corners, and such because he was "afraid" of that big hit. He has much more talent that Hudler, he just can't get back to that old from for whatever reason. Hudler is the one playing in the NHL right now, so I guess he has the last laugh.

Do you guys remember when Kolanos came into the league? He was supposedly going to be pretty damn good.

His goal against Roy:

Once he got that hit from behind, and then the concussion that resulted, he quickly dropped off the hockey map. He stopped going into corners, and such because he was "afraid" of that big hit. He has much more talent that Hudler, he just can't get back to that old from for whatever reason. Hudler is the one playing in the NHL right now, so I guess he has the last laugh.

Wasn't he among the last cuts at the training camp? Then for whatever reason (motivation?) things didn't work out in GR.

I wouldn't be so sure he's got more talent than Huds but he's way bigger.

Edited by FinWing

Wasn't he among the last cuts at the training camp? Then for whatever reason (motivation?) things didn't work out in GR.

I wouldn't be so sure he's got more talent than Huds but he's way bigger.

We are talking about 2 different Kolanos'. At this point, Hudler is the better player. Hudler is in the NHL, while Kolanos couldn't even cut it in the AHL ( or N.A. for that matter). Kolanos when he was just drafted, playing his first year or 2 in the NHL( I dont remember when he was actually hit/got the concussion) was the better of the 2 players. The concussion changed how he played, and thats why he can't stay with a team, etc. His ego isn't helping either.

We are talking about 2 different Kolanos'. At this point, Hudler is the better player. Hudler is in the NHL, while Kolanos couldn't even cut it in the AHL ( or N.A. for that matter). Kolanos when he was just drafted, playing his first year or 2 in the NHL( I dont remember when he was actually hit/got the concussion) was the better of the 2 players. The concussion changed how he played, and thats why he can't stay with a team, etc. His ego isn't helping either.

You do know Huds is one of the more skilled players on the Wings? I only referred to that. But I agree that Kolanos probably would have been a better player because he's more versatile and has size.

You do know Huds is one of the more skilled players on the Wings? I only referred to that. But I agree that Kolanos probably would have been a better player because he's more versatile and has size.

I've only watched Hudler play since 03-04....I admit that he is skilled. The hudler-kopy/bootalnd-filppula line was crazy to watch last year.

But I was also fortunate enough to see Kolanos when he was actually the player he was drafted to be...not this shell of himself...thats all I was getting at. Kolanos had alot of potential, and didn't live up to it....just like alot of players.

I've only watched Hudler play since 03-04....I admit that he is skilled. The hudler-kopy/bootalnd-filppula line was crazy to watch last year.

But I was also fortunate enough to see Kolanos when he was actually the player he was drafted to be...not this shell of himself...thats all I was getting at. Kolanos had alot of potential, and didn't live up to it....just like alot of players.

Fair enough. :) You probably know more about him than I do anyway. I know too that he was a high draft pick, too bad he didn't pan out (or at least hasn't so far). Concussion can be a real *****.

Edited by FinWing

Seems Krys has found that playing in his home area is helping his game this year. Maybe the kick up

the arse the Wings gave him may have hit home and he is getting his act together. Too bad he didn't

do it a year ago, still thats all in the past. He is at present leading the Quad City Flames in ppg after

joining them after the season started. He has 18+17 in 31 games with 50 pim. I hope he has turned

the corner, he still only 26 so if he wants it enough some team may give him what could be his final shot.

Seems Krys has found that playing in his home area is helping his game this year. Maybe the kick up

the arse the Wings gave him may have hit home and he is getting his act together. Too bad he didn't

do it a year ago, still thats all in the past. He is at present leading the Quad City Flames in ppg after

joining them after the season started. He has 18+17 in 31 games with 50 pim. I hope he has turned

the corner, he still only 26 so if he wants it enough some team may give him what could be his final shot.

don't be fooled by numbers. kolanos is still a bum. i get to see him a few times a week as a loyal qc flames fan. he didn't even start the season with us. why you ask? after being told by calgary he was being sent down, he and his agent decided to go play in europe till we offered more money. once we started off the season terrible, we caved adn gave him what he wanted.

though his numbers are pretty good, he has benfited from our top line center, grant stevenson. he was player of the month for the ahl last month and is top 5 in points. while having kolanos certainly has helped him, having seen them play, i would say stevenson has helped kolanos more.

kolanos plays awful. he does not play physical at all. i can understand being cautious because of his medical history, but it makes him ineffective on the ice. additionally, the only place he shoots from is at or behind the goal line from the corner. while his weird angled rebounds occasionally trickle to the slot for scoring chances, he usually just wastes his shift behind the net. he never backchecks and doesn't skate hard at all. my, along with most qc fans, opinion is that he is simply trying to score enough points to get called up to calgary. nothing else seems to matter.