• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LEBDA22

Nagy a Wing ?

Rate this topic

I know the source isnt that good , but what are everyones thoughts on this ??http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=4182 I also read on spectors trade rumors that sergei might be available at the trade deadline ....... anyone care to comment ??? i for one would love to see # 91 back on the wings !!! maybe this is the deal kenny has been waiting for ???

Guest wingsfan28__

not willing to take a chance on fedorov's big salary , i loved fedorov when he was here but hes done absolutely nothing in the nhl since he left ......slava kozlov looks like the player that was the hart winner not fedorov

so unless he comes over for like 500k then no thanks lol

I think that 91 could be a nice addition to the team. I agree that he woudl have to rework his deal inorder for us to really take the chance on him. I think he could still put up some offensive numbers and is still a good two way player.

I don't really have any thoughts on Nagy. Would depend on what we had to give up.

Honestly I have a soft spot for Fedorov and a part of me would love for him to come back to Detroit and retire here.

But realistically he's got a $6 million salary, and good as he can be (though he hasn't been himself since he left) another center is not exactly one of Detroit's pressing needs right now.

Zetterberg is the new Fedorov.

I haven't seen enough of Nagy to have a strong opinion of him.

Zetterberg is more like the new Forsberg IMO. I think the price tag is just too much. Realistically, I don't think Hitch would keep him in the same division if a trade were to happen.

Edited by wingsfan75

sounds great! i say bring back #91 put him on datsyuks wing and watch him come alive. maybe he can teach pavel the ways to score in the playoffs. i think this could potentially jump start our younger talent with such a force like feds. no, i know he isnt 1995 feds but he has been pretty hot and revived with hitchcock as coach. maybe...

Guest GordieSid&Ted

sounds great! i say bring back #91 put him on datsyuks wing and watch him come alive. maybe he can teach pavel the ways to score in the playoffs. i think this could potentially jump start our younger talent with such a force like feds. no, i know he isnt 1995 feds but he has been pretty hot and revived with hitchcock as coach. maybe...

Man, I just don't understand the love affair with this guy. We hear it time after time, "Holland brings back too many old guys and is too loyal", all people do is ***** about that. So why on Earth would we want him to bring back Fedorov, who let's face it has not been very good since he left. And I love how people try to justify it, even just a little bit by saying stuff like "I know he isn't the same as 1995". I mean WTF. It's one thing to say a player isn't the same as he was last year or 3 years ago but we're talking about going on 12 years ago. When you say a player isn't the same as he was 12 ******* years ago, that right there should be all the reason you need to logically come to the conclusion that he is not a great addition to the team.

For me, I have no problem bringing Fedorov back if he were A) a better player than he is now, B) cost about .50 cents and C) he were the type of player we actually needed.

Think about it for 1 second, he's a center which we don't need. He's old, which we don't need. He isn't a natural winger, he isn't phsical, he can't fight and he doesn't hit all of which we do need.

Bringing him back would be for purely sentimental reasons and nothing else. Pavel Datsyuk is gonna be 30 years old before long, he doesn't need a mentor anymore. We have Z, Lang, Dats and Draper, we don't need any more centers.

Fedorov here was a great thing, but its over. It will never be even remotely close to the same thing were he to return. And no, I don't wanna get into the whole debate about him retiring as a Wing or having his jersey retired and all the other s***. He was an awesome Wing, just like Shanny and just like Stevie. But they are gone, they're not coming back and we need to move forward by attaining players that fit our needs.

Man, I just don't understand the love affair with this guy. We hear it time after time, "Holland brings back too many old guys and is too loyal", all people do is ***** about that. So why on Earth would we want him to bring back Fedorov, who let's face it has not been very good since he left. And I love how people try to justify it, even just a little bit by saying stuff like "I know he isn't the same as 1995". I mean WTF. It's one thing to say a player isn't the same as he was last year or 3 years ago but we're talking about going on 12 years ago. When you say a player isn't the same as he was 12 ******* years ago, that right there should be all the reason you need to logically come to the conclusion that he is not a great addition to the team.

For me, I have no problem bringing Fedorov back if he were A) a better player than he is now, B) cost about .50 cents and C) he were the type of player we actually needed.

Think about it for 1 second, he's a center which we don't need. He's old, which we don't need. He isn't a natural winger, he isn't phsical, he can't fight and he doesn't hit all of which we do need.

Bringing him back would be for purely sentimental reasons and nothing else. Pavel Datsyuk is gonna be 30 years old before long, he doesn't need a mentor anymore. We have Z, Lang, Dats and Draper, we don't need any more centers.

Fedorov here was a great thing, but its over. It will never be even remotely close to the same thing were he to return. And no, I don't wanna get into the whole debate about him retiring as a Wing or having his jersey retired and all the other s***. He was an awesome Wing, just like Shanny and just like Stevie. But they are gone, they're not coming back and we need to move forward by attaining players that fit our needs.

who pissed in your cornflakes? its only an opinion, sure it has more to do with nostalgia than honestly thinking kenny would really do this. id much rather see darcy tucker or someone with his type of game come to the wings. the question was asked, it isnt something to get irate about.

I happen to think that 91 is exactly the type of player the Wings need. Big, strong, hard to knock off the puck, can play any position + the point on the power play. He has a knack for scoring big timely goals and still has speed. He could easily step in and replace any winger in the Wings top six as it stands now. As far as he's no good anymore, well I do follow the Jackets as closely as possible and he looks like he's making a comeback. He's looked great since rejoining the team, and would be among the team leaders on the Wings in points, so he can't be THAT bad. And it has noting to do with "just because he's on Nash's line" cause he's not always for one, and for two Nash is UNDER preforming. If Nash and Zherdev could ever do anything he'd be racking up more points. 3 mil at the dead line, the Wings could handle that, and the cap's going up next year anyway. IMO he's still better than Nagy, Doan, and Smyth. Anyone that has watched him play then and after the Wings know's the guy can play anywhere, just cause it says C next to his name on TSN doesn't mean that's all he can play.

I thought Fedorov was great when he was a WIng, but c'mon, the guy's at the end of his career and getting paid way too much. And IIRC, you can't rework salaries to fit under the cap in the new NHL economics. But Nagy would be a pretty good addition -- he plays wing and can score, although he's struggled badly this season. A big con, though, is he's so injury-prone. Sneeze on the guy and he'll break his left tibia. Still, he's gotta be available come deadline time, and I think we'd be stupid not to inquire about him. I think he'd be worth giving up a, say, Hudler or a Joey MacDonald plus picks.

I have to agree with GST on this one. Fedorov was great when he was a part of the Stanley Cup teams, but he's just about washed up now. It may be tempting to bring back a player that was so great for us years ago, but I agree that bringing him back wouldn't address any of our current needs. That said, I don't think Nagy is what we need either.

I would LOVE to have Feds back. I don't care that he hasn't been so hot since leaving the Wings because I KNOW if he were to come back he'd be the same ol great Feds. But it's the $$$ that's an issue.

Zetterberg is the new Fedorov.

I haven't seen enough of Nagy to have a strong opinion of him.

Neither have I.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I would LOVE to have Feds back. I don't care that he hasn't been so hot since leaving the Wings because I KNOW if he were to come back he'd be the same ol great Feds. But it's the $$$ that's an issue.

Neither have I.

So basically you don't care that he's nearly 37 years old and you admit he hasn't been "so hot" since leaving yet despite the factual evidence that exists you would take him back (if he was affordable) because you simply "KNOW" he'd be the same old Feds we knew along time ago????

My guess is your choeen profession is not or will not be scientist.

who pissed in your cornflakes? its only an opinion, sure it has more to do with nostalgia than honestly thinking kenny would really do this. id much rather see darcy tucker or someone with his type of game come to the wings. the question was asked, it isnt something to get irate about.

You must equate being irate with the length of one's post. I don't think i'm irate I think I merely laid out the reasons why he isn't a good fit for this team. Furthermore, you readily admit that for most people its a nostalgia thing. So to that I pose the question of why the f*** would or should nostalgia have any goddamned thing to do with making this club a better one by addressing its REAL needs?? I'll save you the suspense, it doesn't. Okay, so i'm a little irate now. As for the question being asked, its been asked a trillion times and some people are just too dense to come to grips with the answer.

Thankfully, you seem to understand that we could find someone to better suit our needs. But don't "piss in my cornflakes" b/c I have something to say about it. If I wanna outline the bazilion reasons why adding Fedorov to this current team is about as good a move as adding Andy Delmore is then I will.

P.S. I don't eat cornflakes, I'm a Capt. Crunch guy myself :D

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I happen to think that 91 is exactly the type of player the Wings need. Big, strong, hard to knock off the puck, can play any position + the point on the power play. He has a knack for scoring big timely goals and still has speed. He could easily step in and replace any winger in the Wings top six as it stands now. As far as he's no good anymore, well I do follow the Jackets as closely as possible and he looks like he's making a comeback. He's looked great since rejoining the team, and would be among the team leaders on the Wings in points, so he can't be THAT bad. And it has noting to do with "just because he's on Nash's line" cause he's not always for one, and for two Nash is UNDER preforming. If Nash and Zherdev could ever do anything he'd be racking up more points. 3 mil at the dead line, the Wings could handle that, and the cap's going up next year anyway. IMO he's still better than Nagy, Doan, and Smyth. Anyone that has watched him play then and after the Wings know's the guy can play anywhere, just cause it says C next to his name on TSN doesn't mean that's all he can play.

I'm hoping that despite your screen name you can be objective about this.

Fedorov = big. In the sense that he is large from a pure stature standpoint, yes he is not a small individual. However, since he doesn't hit, crash or bang why is this beneficial?

Fedorov = hard to knock off the puck. That's great, he always has been and nobody denies that. Of course we need a winger how drives to the net, fights through checks and can knock people over a la a power forward. What we don't need is another puck possession, perimeter player who plays a skill game. We need BALLS, not another skilled centerman who is soon to be 37 years old.

Fedorov = making a comeback. Well, I live in Cincinnati and I watch and go to many of the Blue Jackets games myself. I have a ton of friends who live in Columbus or in the surrounding burbs and they go alot too and we talk Jackets hockey . You know what they say? That he is playing pretty well. That's great for Feds. But the fact that he may be playing better hockey than he has in the past year or 2 doesn't mean he fits our needs.

Fedorov = cap is going up so we can handle it. So basically you don't care that the entire hockey universe considers Fedorov to be overpaid. You simply declare that since we have the cap space we should spend it unwisely. That's a doozy.

Fedorov = better than RYAN SMYTH? Uh, Houston....we have a problem. You really gotta explain that one to me.

Fedorov = better than Doan. From a skill standpoint no question Feds is more skilled. However, Doan is big, has scored over 20 goals for 6 straight seasons, can play a physical game and finish checks and is 6 years younger. So maybe Feds would beat him in a skills competition but I'd still take Doan between the 2.

Fedorov = better than Nagy. I don't know a ton about Nagy. What I do know is that when healthy the guy scores goals and is very skilled. The mere fact that he's a natural winger and only 27 years old is enough for me to take him over Feds. Come to think of it, there aren't too many cases where i'd ever take a 37 year old over a 27 year old in a stiuation such as this.

I'm not saying Fedorov should be in the AHL or he sucks. All i'm saying is that if you look objectively at it there is no way that this guy is the best fit out there for us. It doesn't have to be Smith or Nagy or Doan but for pete's sake there are a hundred players that would be a better fit for this team at this time than Fedorov.

GordieSid&Ted:

I agree with a lot of what you say, but to say that Sergei doesn't play the type of game the Wings ned I think is erroneous. Sergei has always been strong going to the net and always been a strong player around the net. I don't think it's fair to call him a perimeter player at all; he may have scored a lot of goals from the boards-side faceoff hashes, but that's as much a product of the the line he played on for a long time (Russian 5), that he has a booming shot and is able to be accurate with it. $6 million is FAR too much to pay for Sergei, I think everyone is in agreement with that.

But, he does have an out clause in his contract and if he were to come back here for $2 million/season or so, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He still has great wheels, is responsible defensively and has that booming shot. Throw it that he's still strong on his skates and it's much easier for a center to move to winger than vice-versa and I believe the Wings could easily find a place for him on this team.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted:

I agree with a lot of what you say, but to say that Sergei doesn't play the type of game the Wings ned I think is erroneous. Sergei has always been strong going to the net and always been a strong player around the net. I don't think it's fair to call him a perimeter player at all; he may have scored a lot of goals from the boards-side faceoff hashes, but that's as much a product of the the line he played on for a long time (Russian 5), that he has a booming shot and is able to be accurate with it. $6 million is FAR too much to pay for Sergei, I think everyone is in agreement with that.

But, he does have an out clause in his contract and if he were to come back here for $2 million/season or so, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He still has great wheels, is responsible defensively and has that booming shot. Throw it that he's still strong on his skates and it's much easier for a center to move to winger than vice-versa and I believe the Wings could easily find a place for him on this team.

You're right, he still has alot of skill and alot to offer a team. I just think he isn't a good fit. Fedorov, if he can play the wing effectively or not is never going to be mistaken for a bruiser or power-type forward. He's not a Tkachuk or Morrow or Doan or Iginla type player. And if he came to this Wings team I have a feeling he'd be utilized in a fasion much like he was when he was here before. Think about it, what if he played with Datsyuk or Z? That would make for a nice combo but what is going to happen, is Feds going to crash to the net while Pavel dipsy doodles around people? I don't think so. I think he'd be set up in the slot or around the dots looking for passes a la Hull and Shanny. And I think history has shown that that isn't going to get us out of the 1st round of the playoffs. This team is in desperate need of 2 things. 1. Toughness. 2. a physical presense up front that has skill. Fedorov is not a physical presence and he doesn't bring toughness. That's not a knock on him its just not his game and at least in my opinion we need a guy who can really play a physical, nasty game and contribute offensively with hard work and ugly goals. Feds would be just another skilled, un physical forward for us and we're loaded with those right now.

Columbus is a team that has some size and pretty good speed but other than Nash and Zherdev really don't have alot of ultra skilled players. That's why Fedorov is a nice fit for them. I just don't think he can help us when it counts in the playoffs because you've got to score ugly goals and fight for every inch and we need those types of players more than Feds. But don't get me wrong, he's still a good player. Just not right for us IMO.

You're right, he still has alot of skill and alot to offer a team. I just think he isn't a good fit. Fedorov, if he can play the wing effectively or not is never going to be mistaken for a bruiser or power-type forward. He's not a Tkachuk or Morrow or Doan or Iginla type player. And if he came to this Wings team I have a feeling he'd be utilized in a fasion much like he was when he was here before. Think about it, what if he played with Datsyuk or Z? That would make for a nice combo but what is going to happen, is Feds going to crash to the net while Pavel dipsy doodles around people? I don't think so. I think he'd be set up in the slot or around the dots looking for passes a la Hull and Shanny. And I think history has shown that that isn't going to get us out of the 1st round of the playoffs. This team is in desperate need of 2 things. 1. Toughness. 2. a physical presense up front that has skill. Fedorov is not a physical presence and he doesn't bring toughness. That's not a knock on him its just not his game and at least in my opinion we need a guy who can really play a physical, nasty game and contribute offensively with hard work and ugly goals. Feds would be just another skilled, un physical forward for us and we're loaded with those right now.

Columbus is a team that has some size and pretty good speed but other than Nash and Zherdev really don't have alot of ultra skilled players. That's why Fedorov is a nice fit for them. I just don't think he can help us when it counts in the playoffs because you've got to score ugly goals and fight for every inch and we need those types of players more than Feds. But don't get me wrong, he's still a good player. Just not right for us IMO.

Well,

If you don't want Feds back, what about Mickey Redmond? He plays wing; The last time I saw him play he was fast and had an explosive slapshot. If anybody is concerned about his back, he's had a long time to rest it. If he isn't able to do it anymore, he can open a travel agency or something.

I can't understand the pining for Fedorov to come back. We are not getting the Hart Trophy Fedorov of the mid-90s, nor even the two-way Fedorov of the Bowman years. He's not a good fit for a team like the Wings that needs wingers and has too many natural centermen, and he would gobble up too much cap space.

Fedorov is still useful for certain teams - he's not exactly washed up. But the Wings are struggling enough with trying to transform away from the old Wings and rebuild into something new. Fedorov would be a big weird variable in that equation that we don't need.

So basically you don't care that he's nearly 37 years old and you admit he hasn't been "so hot" since leaving yet despite the factual evidence that exists you would take him back (if he was affordable) because you simply "KNOW" he'd be the same old Feds we knew along time ago????

My guess is your choeen profession is not or will not be scientist.

My guess is you'll continue to be an ass throughout all your posts eh?

Do I care that he's 37? No. Why? Because I still think he is one hell of a player when he gives it his all and plays like he knows he's capable of playing. I'd take Feds back in a heartbeat. Coudln't care less how old he is. If you can play, you can play. He isn't 'washed up' in my eyes.

I really have this feeling that we havn't seen the last of feds,....probably won't be this year but i don't see why we wouldn't take a chance on him when he becomes a free agent in a few years, we did it with hasek right?

I really have this feeling that we havn't seen the last of feds,....probably won't be this year but i don't see why we wouldn't take a chance on him when he becomes a free agent in a few years, we did it with hasek right?

For $800,000.00 a year + bonuses. I don't think Feds will play for anything nearly that low, so it then becomes a case of 'what am I getting for what I am paying?' .