60 replies to this topic

#21 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(OsGOD @ January 28, 2007 - 03:33PM) View Post

Reem, dear, i say this as kindly as possible.... I think the Amish Community is calling you. You NEED to be as far away from electronical equipment as possible wink.gif

laugh.gif you ain't lying!

QUOTE(Yzermania19 @ January 28, 2007 - 07:58PM) View Post

LOL Osgod!! smile.gif

Anyway, depending on which carrier and contract you have, you may qualify for an upgrade, which, depending on what models are available, you may be able to pay a lot less for a better phone.

My dad does a lot of handyman work so he is brutal on his cell phone. It got dropped so many times that last summer it finally quit working. We went to the T -Mobile store and they told him he was up for an upgrade. He ended up paying only $25 for his new phone, a model that would have been $70 if he purchased it outside of an upgrade period.

It might be worth checking out, anyway.

Ooh I never thought of that. Thanks! I'll see what I can do.

QUOTE(SouthernWingsFan @ January 28, 2007 - 08:24PM) View Post

I ain't bringing my laptop anywhere near you. Your bad luck when technology is around. laugh.gif

I'm afraid to go near my OWN laptop. tongue.gif
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#22 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ January 28, 2007 - 08:31PM) View Post

I'm afraid to go near my OWN laptop. tongue.gif

Its a really easy solution... You've seen Bubble Boy (jake Gyllenhaal) right? well, you can star in the sequel... only You are the only thing on the outside of the bubble ph34r.gif

Ebay is still a decent venue to get a temp phone for cheap

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#23 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:28 PM

Ummm.. I dropped my phone in the sink again. It's in 'car kit' mode. Whatever the heck that means? I need help with this cuz I ain't going to pay for a new phone again!

I HAVE NO LUCK WITH THESE ELECTRONICS. sad.gif

#24 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:33 PM

blowdry it
im the same with cellphones i go through them all the time take the battery out and pray

#25 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(REDWINGS4LYFE @ September 11, 2007 - 11:33PM) View Post
blowdry it
im the same with cellphones i go through them all the time take the battery out and pray

LMAO I did blow dry it, I did take the battery out and I prayed. This was like an hour ago. I bet I wake up tomorrow morning and it is dead or messed up for good. I'll be so mad. All my Wings videos and pictures are on there!

#26 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(REDWINGS4LYFE @ September 11, 2007 - 09:33PM) View Post

blowdry it

I blowdry my phone to give it more volume.

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#27 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:57 PM

I heard that water damage doesnt actually take affect for a couple months.

I dont know how TRUE that is...but I dropped mine in my Cats water dish (dont ask me how), about 4 or 5 months ago, and its slowly starting to mess up. It doesnt vibrate anymore and sometimes it doesnt ring when i call someone...that could be just wear and tear though.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#28 Packer487

Packer487

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ September 12, 2007 - 03:28AM) View Post

Ummm.. I dropped my phone in the sink again. It's in 'car kit' mode. Whatever the heck that means? I need help with this cuz I ain't going to pay for a new phone again!

I swear to God you and my friend Jen should hang out. There's not a month that goes by where she doesn't start a "I Lost My Phone, I Need Your Numbers" group on Facebook and Myspace. It's amazing the ways she's come up with to destroy/lose her phone.

I've only busted one ::knock on wood::. I was cleaning the kitchen in the apartment and since it's a flip phone, I had it clipped on the collar of my shirt so I could talk on speakerphone while I was cleaning. Well dips*** me, I bent over and the phone flipped right off my shirt into the bucket of water I was carrying. No insurance so I blew $265 on the same phone again. I was pissed enough that it didn't even occur to me to go back to my old phone for a week and try to win an ebay auction. I just went and bought a new one.

#29 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ September 11, 2007 - 10:28PM) View Post

HC.....HC....HC....

Again?

*sighs laughing*

I'm sorry I know this is ooks mean, but this is just too funny. I'm not trying to laugh at you, but again? I almost spit coffee out when I saw this.

rotflmao.gif

#30 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE(Izzy24 @ September 12, 2007 - 12:45AM) View Post

I blowdry my phone to give it more volume.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I just laughed so loud that I woke up the doctors in the on call room next door!

#31 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:46 AM

REEEEEEEEM!???!!!!??!!!! WTF, girl?

I think this now goes way beyond bad luck! I would look on E-bay for a cheap phone that works with your provider and go that route... I have no idea what car kit means on a phone.

My sister in law dropped her phone in the bowl of water (once though) and now it gets the best reception in the house.

My dad dropped his phone in Grass Lake and recovered it, let it dry and the only thing wrong is the front LCD screen doesn't work

I put my phone in a plastic baggie to keep it dry on Thunder Canyon... Went on the magnum and when I went to make a call the baggies was all steamed (water got in and then started to sorta heat up cause of the 90-degrees outside) Phone froze and then went pitch black. I could still make and receive calls, just couldn't tell who was calling and couldn't double check the phone number I was dialing... but it still "worked"

I turned around and sold it on E-bay for $25 as a broken phone for replacement parts.

So I would try selling it (make sure you state it is broken and not sure how bad in the listing) to get enough money to buy another cheap phone for the time being.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#32 zata40

zata40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:11 AM

i dropped my home phone 1 story onto cement once, when when i got down to where it fell my friend was still taking, no harm done hehe.gif

Edited by zata40, 12 September 2007 - 10:12 AM.

Posted Image

#33 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:12 PM

Okay, at first I thought someone revived this thread just to revive it. And then I see that Reem actually DID dunk the phone again.

Reem, you need to invest in...like...a waterproof phone. Or just stay away from sinks/toilets/etc. tongue.gif

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#34 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:33 PM

Hahaha I knew you all would get a kick out of yet another phone problem with me. I seriously have NO luck!!

Good thing though. IT IS WORKING LIKE NORMAL! Every now and then it'll act up a bit, but for the most part it's in good condition. smile.gif *crosses fingers* that it stays this way.

#35 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ September 12, 2007 - 06:33PM) View Post

Hahaha I knew you all would get a kick out of yet another phone problem with me. I seriously have NO luck!!

Good thing though. IT IS WORKING LIKE NORMAL! Every now and then it'll act up a bit, but for the most part it's in good condition. smile.gif *crosses fingers* that it stays this way.

Stick it in between the next hot dog or sandwich you will eat for dinner, that'll mess it up real good. sly.gif tongue.gif

#36 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 521 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:00 PM

when i had verizon my phone broke three times in the same place. the first time they were ok. paid the 50$ for the insurance thingie, second time they got a little mad, but i still got another phone. About 5 months later it broke, call a third time they refuse to give me a phone. My mom calls and ******* them out and they give me the same phone. wouldn't it be wise to realize that the phone keeps breaking in the same place over and over again? by that time i had it with verizon and switched to nextel.
I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#37 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

So uhhh guess who's phone dropped in the sink again and is not working?

sad.gif

Yesterday was a HORRIBLE day for me. All morning I was in a bad mood and to top it off nothing was going my way AND my freaking tank top ripped *thank GOD I had another shirt in my car* then I got so behind in ITCS class and was confused to no end and then just when I say my day couldn't get any worse, my freaking brand new maroon ENV2 phone drops in the sink.

WHAT IS WITH ME AND PHONES. MY GOODNESS.

#38 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (HockeyCrazy3033 @ September 9, 2008 - 07:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So uhhh guess who's phone dropped in the sink again and is not working?

sad.gif

Yesterday was a HORRIBLE day for me. All morning I was in a bad mood and to top it off nothing was going my way AND my freaking tank top ripped *thank GOD I had another shirt in my car* then I got so behind in ITCS class and was confused to no end and then just when I say my day couldn't get any worse, my freaking brand new maroon ENV2 phone drops in the sink.

WHAT IS WITH ME AND PHONES. MY GOODNESS.

!!!!!

Reem! Again? I'm so sorry. What happens now?

#39 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (HenrikRules40 @ September 9, 2008 - 10:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
!!!!!

Reem! Again? I'm so sorry. What happens now?

I dried it like woah and it's turning on and everything, but some keys are a little off, but it's much progress compared to it turning on and off all of yesterday. I'm just going to let it dry for a little while longer to see if that helps. *crosses fingers*

#40 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (HockeyCrazy3033 @ September 9, 2008 - 10:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dried it like woah and it's turning on and everything, but some keys are a little off, but it's much progress compared to it turning on and off all of yesterday. I'm just going to let it dry for a little while longer to see if that helps. *crosses fingers*

I think someone once told me to take the battery off and dry it with a hair dryer on a low setting. I hope your phone is ok Reem. I know what it's like to be phone-less. It's like being naked at the mall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users