• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WindsorPlaya

UFA Targets

Rate this topic

Assuming Holland will actually add some free agents this summer...who is Detroit most likely to target and have a good chance at landing? Not who we all want but who we actually have a good chance at seeing in our uniform next year.

Obviously they need some scoring help on the wing and the only guy I can see them really having a chance at getting is Paul Kariya. I read somewhere that he evaluates every angle when it comes to choosing a possible destination and personally, I think he is a great fit here given the system we play and type of players we have to compliment his skills.

If given the opportunity, I'm sure Detroit would target Ryan Smith, Shane Doan or Darcy Tucker but I think Smith will re-sign with Edmonton and there will be too much competition for Doan and Tucker's services.

We can name off free agents that would be suitable, but Ken Holland has yet to confirm who he's going after. So any names mentioned are just guesses.

WITH the exception of one: Aleksey Morozov. It was noted on MLive about a few weeks ago (I can't find the link, but I remember it) that the Wings might have been interested in Morozov if he decides to come back to the NHL. Now, while Morozov has been a scoring monster in the usually low scoring Russian Super League, he'll of course want a lot of money. Last summer, his reported price was in the 3.5 to 4 range, which is steep. If Kenny is interested as some speculate, I hope he can get Morozov to tone down the price.

If worse comes to worse with Morozov, he'll make about the same as Draper. Hopefully he can score more than Draper does. :hehe:

Guest wingsfan28__

well 1st off we gotta add some cap space

so who are you guys willing to let go ??

we should be able to save 900k on maltby , either he resigns for 500 k or we replace with kopecky , id rather pick kopecky , hes younger and will play harder to stay in the nhl

then we got

robert lang

mathieu schneider

pavel datsyuk

tomas holmstrom

dominik hasek

danny markov

+

kopecky and hudler restricted

holmstrom and markov will most likely get a little raise , only way i see us savin a bit of space is if we lose datsyuk which i think we should depending on his demands and his playoff performance and if robert lang would take a 2.5 per yr deal and save us 1.3

the guy id consider letting go is schneider , yes hes doing good but hes most likely to get 4+ from another team and hes getting old , id rather we bring up kyle quincey and/or kindl

anyways on the players id target

shane doan

chris drury

our defense if it was up 2 me would be

lidstrom markov

kronwall kindl

chelios lebda

quincey ( i say we let chelios play 55-60 games and quincey plays 25-30 + games where other d men would b injured)

grigorenko datsyuk doan

filppula zetterberg holmstrom

cleary lang /samuelsson

franzen draperhudler

kopecky

i know it wont happen but we gotta get rid of samuelson or williams to give some space to our younsters in the lineup

lidstrom markov

kronwall kindl

chelios lebda

quincey ( i say we let chelios play 55-60 games and quincey plays 25-30 + games where other d men would b injured)

grigorenko datsyuk doan

filppula zetterberg holmstrom

cleary lang /samuelsson

franzen draperhudler

kopecky

i know it wont happen but we gotta get rid of samuelson or williams to give some space to our younsters in the lineup

:crazy:

Grigenko wont play here next season. Datsyuk wont be here next season. Cleary will be on a higher line then flippula. Kopecky gets a roster spot , not hudler. So bascially

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Smyth

Cleary-Lang-Williams

Maltby-Draper-Holmstrom

Kopecky-Franzen-Flip/Hudler

Lidstrom/Phillips/Markov

Kronwall-Phillips/Markov

Chelios-Lebda

Howard Ozzie

Looks good to me

Grigenko wont play here next season. Datsyuk wont be here next season. Cleary will be on a higher line then flippula. Kopecky gets a roster spot , not hudler. So bascially

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Smyth

Cleary-Lang-Williams

Maltby-Draper-Holmstrom

Lidstrom/Phillips/Markov

Kronwall-Phillips/Markov

Chelios-Lebda

Howard Ozzie

Looks good to me

Then why is he still there??? :blink: Looks to me like u didn't mean to put his name there instead of someone else. BTW, you forgot about Sammy

Edited by Mighty Wings

Guest wingsfan28__

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Smyth

Cleary-Lang-Williams

Maltby-Draper-Holmstrom

Lidstrom/Phillips/Markov

Kronwall-Phillips/Markov

Chelios-Lebda

Howard Ozzie

Looks good to me

chris phillips will most likely get a nice amount of money on the market and at least a 3-4 yr deal , which we dont need jakub kindl will be cheap and he almost made the team , id rather we give him a shot and use the money elsewhere , im hoping grigorenko comes over and starts in the team , what makes you so sure he wouldnt make the team ?? hes been playing in the russian elite league for years , and im pretty sure if he'd come over he wouldnt wanna go to the ahl and get payed peanuts he'd just play in russia or sign elsewhere

you say datsyuk wont be here next season yet you put him up on a line with zetterberg and smyth lol , is he or is he not here?

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Smyth

Cleary-Lang-Williams

Maltby-Draper-Holmstrom

Lidstrom/Phillips/Markov

Kronwall-Phillips/Markov

Chelios-Lebda

Howard Ozzie

Looks good to me

Maltby likely won't be back. If he is, it certainly won't be at the cost of losing Hudler. Why we would give up a great young prospect with amazing offensive potential to keep around a redundant winger whose effectiveness has been drastically limited is unimaginable.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Smyth

Cleary-Lang-Williams

Maltby-Draper-Holmstrom

Lidstrom/Phillips/Markov

Kronwall-Phillips/Markov

Chelios-Lebda

Howard Ozzie

Looks good to me

My thoughts to this:

Goalies: To me, Howard is not ready to be a starting goalie. You have to be careful about giving him top minutes when he's still young. He hasn't been overly impressive in Grand Rapids this year anyways, so he needs time to develop.

Defense: Phillips would be a great pickup. This is why I'm really hoping Ottawa continues to tank, so Phillips will want to leave. I still don't know why everyone counts on Schnieder leaving though. I think we should try and find a way to keep him, especially how well he's been doing.

Forwards: Smyth is perfect. He's just what the Wings need up front. As for the rest, maybe one more cheap forward would suit the fancy. IMO, I think Williams should go, unless he picks it up. He makes too much.

Maltby likely won't be back. If he is, it certainly won't be at the cost of losing Hudler. Why we would give up a great young prospect with amazing offensive potential to keep around a redundant winger whose effectiveness has been drastically limited is unimaginable.

We wont be losing Hudler

Homer/Hudler-Zetterberg-Smyth

Cleary-Lang-Williams

Maltby-Draper-Kopecky

Homer/Hudler-Franzen-Flip

Lidstrom/Phillips/Markov

Kronwall-Phillips/Markov

Chelios-Lebda

Howard/Hasek/Ozzie

I dont see Hasek coming back , but if howard isnt ready and Dom has another season in him , I could see it.

Who should they target that's a good possibility to actually see in a Wings uniform next year? #91 Give him Langs money, cut Lang loose since they'd have a better player in Sergei.

Edited by bringback91

Who should they target that's a good possibility to actually see in a Wings uniform next year? #91 Give him Langs money, cut Lang loose since they'd have a better player in Sergei.

Just remember we haven't won a cup since he left??? No Sergei No Cup??

Sergei isnt the reason we havent won a cup. Shaky goaltending and Stevies and Shannys ages were. ( Nothing agaisnt stevie and shanny , I'dwant both back in hockey town right now)

Shaky goaltending can be named the culprit for 2003 and 2006, but 2004 was the failure to overcome a ridiculous episode of clutch and grab.