VladyIBELIEVE16

RWN HQ - THE BIG GAME 1/02/07

Rate this topic

It's the Yzerman Retirement Ceremony Game :clap:

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2007

Ceremony 6:30-7:30 (my understanding)

Game 7:30

Post here if you're going to the game.

Let me know if you're up for meeting prior to the game or if you have suggestions on dinner locations. Greektown maybe?

The following people I know have tickets to the retirement game:

Matt & Liz

Me & my bro in law

Auxepli

Rossco

So chime in if you're going and you're interested in hanging with the LGW crew :)

I can't believe the game is only 8 days away now!!!

Indeed I will be there.......dinner ... is this formal dinner?.....if not why not hang at Cobo Joe's - I've always found it to be lively before/after games, serves usual bar type food, you get to see the Avs being wasted on 26th March '97 (usually showing...lol), you can wipe your feet as you go in on the jersey of the opponents that game day :P and it's walking distance of the arena .

Indeed I will be there.......dinner ... is this formal dinner?.....if not why not hang at Cobo Joe's - I've always found it to be lively before/after games, serves usual bar type food, you get to see the Avs being wasted on 26th March '97 (usually showing...lol), you can wipe your feet as you go in on the jersey of the opponents that game day :P and it's walking distance of the arena .

Nope it's not a formal dinner - I'm guessing with us all wearing Yzerman's jersey...we might not meet "formal dress codes" lol.

It's going to be cool inside the Joe - hopefully everyone will wear their Yzerman jersey :)

I'll look into Cobo Joe's...

If there's meeting-up before the game, I'll probably come, even though I don't have tickets. Yet. I haven't been able to win my eBay auctions - there's only so much I'll pay for tickets and $500 for 2 isn't in the price range.

I may see if there are scalpers hawking tix.

i'd suggest cobo joe's or the post, mostly because the're close and right there. greektown's got the people mover, but it's not terribly close to where i park (could walk it though if necessary!).

what about:

nemo's

sweetwater tavern (has shuttle to games)

detroiter bar

Edited by zettermaberg

I think a good contingent of us will be meeting after the 1st period of the game near the Yzerman LEGO statue that's right in front of the Detroit River entrace to JLA. (Near the Zamboni end.)

Both myself and VIB have tickets in section 110, and it's right around that area.

I'll be donning my white Yzerman jersey and a white fitted Red Wings cap. Jacqui, I'm sure, will be wearing her Yzerman retro jersey. There'll be others there, but I'm not sure what they're wearing. ;)

see you at first intermission!

Look for us - we've got on tee shirts i had made

front says Thanks Stevie 19

back says There Goes My Hero

Ooops...I got your message when I got back to the hotel :o I got talking to some guys during the game in any case. I was gonna pop into to CJ's on the way past , damn. Great night, will see you at the weekend :D

Edited by rossco

see you at first intermission!

Look for us - we've got on tee shirts i had made

front says Thanks Stevie 19

back says There Goes My Hero

Ooops...I got your message when I got back to the hotel :o I got talking to some guys during the game in any case. I was gonna pop into to CJ's on the way past , damn. Great night, will see you at the weekend :D

See you in Cali! Have a safe flight! Can't wait for RWNW to meet you!

See you at Staples on Saturday!

God I'm tired. I really hope that my voice comes back for Saturday and Sunday!