• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ontario Wingsfan

Steve Yzerman Retirement Ceremony

Rate this topic

I have finished the dvd I was making (you can see screenshots in this thread) http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...39225&st=25

This is the first time I have created a torrent so I hope that everything is ok?. If there's any problems just let me know?.

The file is 4.22GB and can be found here.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/543176

it says my port isn't open? I have no idea how to work this :) any help that you could provide would be great!

I got an error message that says Windows cannot open the file because it doesn't know what program created it. Anyone know how to fix it?

I got an error message that says Windows cannot open the file because it doesn't know what program created it. Anyone know how to fix it?

You have to download torrent's software first, if you didn't have it loaded on your pc before.

I'm a first timer for torrent.

You need a bit torrent program such as azerus or bitcommet to download this.

And i think we need OWF to redownload her torrent so she can seed it until more people get it

I'm currently seeding (and will be for quite some time) and there's 2 people downloading as we speak. The more that seed after downloading, the quicker it'll be.

I noticed that also. The website (mininova) shows no seeders or leeches but yet my client shows myself as seeding and 3 people downloading?.

hmmm

There we go it is now showing as seeding

Edited by PunkChildP

OWF,

Is there any way you can copy the actual file + torrent to some friends/relatives/strangers computers nearby to create a few more initial seeders? It looks on my end that it will take well over a week to download the whole file...!

Anyway, I appreciate all your hard work! :clap: I once did this for my very own Home Movies (adult swim) season 1, 2, and 3 discs and it can be a lonnnnnnng process.

I can't wait to get this and you can definitely count me in as a fulltime seeder when it finishes.

OWF,

Is there any way you can copy the actual file + torrent to some friends/relatives/strangers computers nearby to create a few more initial seeders? It looks on my end that it will take well over a week to download the whole file...!

Anyway, I appreciate all your hard work! :clap: I once did this for my very own Home Movies (adult swim) season 1, 2, and 3 discs and it can be a lonnnnnnng process.

I can't wait to get this and you can definitely count me in as a fulltime seeder when it finishes.

Some people have no gratitude, i have been connected for less than a day and am over 50%, this is very much on course for a 2 day download which is about average for a dvd unless your connected to a ton of seeders. Why not just leech and shut up, i also suspect you will jump right off as a seeder as soon as you are done downloading. Its just so iratating when someone posts a great dvd like this and someone always wants more.

Some people have no gratitude, i have been connected for less than a day and am over 50%, this is very much on course for a 2 day download which is about average for a dvd unless your connected to a ton of seeders. Why not just leech and shut up, i also suspect you will jump right off as a seeder as soon as you are done downloading. Its just so iratating when someone posts a great dvd like this and someone always wants more.

Yes, A 4.3 GB file coming from one person with just a cable connection is going to take some time. Be patient, he has spent a great deal of time putting together menus and making a nice DVD for us who were unable to obtain a copy of the ceremony.

I, for one thank you, OWF, and will continue to seed as long as needed. I have been connected since you started seeding, and have uploaded over 20+GB so far for all of you who have jumped on this and I only have 2.4GB downloaded. Yeah, when you jump on this torrent you should get decent speeds, as soon as you get to where most of us are (50-60%) it is going to slow down.

Anyhow, with that being said, if you really want this, if you really care about this community, you will help seed after you download this.

Yikes, having a bad day? Reading comprehension being affected? I don't know if you could have been any more out in left field, or rude. I didn't command anything more. I simply asked if that was a possibility and offered my suggestion because (not surprisingly) a lot of people do not know that you can do that. As you can see by this thread, there are a lot of people new to torrents.

Secondly, I have no gratitude? Did you even read the second part of my comment? "Anyway, I appreciate all your hard work! I once did this for my very own Home Movies (adult swim) season 1, 2, and 3 discs and it can be a lonnnnnnng process."

Thirdly, "I can't wait to get this and you can definitely count me in as a fulltime seeder when it finishes." I am an active member of both OiNK and TorrentBytes, both of which require a good upload ratio to stay a member.

I feel your attitude, baseless assumptions, and accusations ridiculous and uncalled for. Is this the "low post noob" theory? In fact, I have been a lurker, semi-poster for years. Just changed my ID today because I outgrew my other one.

Yes, A 4.3 GB file coming from one person with just a cable connection is going to take some time. Be patient, he has spent a great deal of time putting together menus and making a nice DVD for us who were unable to obtain a copy of the ceremony.

I, for one thank you, OWF, and will continue to seed as long as needed. I have been connected since you started seeding, and have uploaded over 20+GB so far for all of you who have jumped on this and I only have 2.4GB downloaded. Yeah, when you jump on this torrent you should get decent speeds, as soon as you get to where most of us are (50-60%) it is going to slow down.

Anyhow, with that being said, if you really want this, if you really care about this community, you will help seed after you download this.

I fully understand this. Why is everyone so up in arms over a suggestion? Where did I imply I wouldn't seed or be a part of the community? I have been a part of this community and will continue to be.

As for OWF, I apologize if you were as offended or irritated as these 2 were... as I was only trying to be helpful.

wow aweome!! OWF you are my new hero. I also once made a DVD ( a Ovechkin rookie season tribute) and tried seeding it but it was twice as big I had to put it on a DL DVD-R it was around 7GB or so.

I will start downloading this when I get home, and you can also add me to the list of people seeding. The more we get the better for everyone so lets step it up guys.

OWF thanks again for your hard work. I know how much time can go into making one.

Yikes, having a bad day? Reading comprehension being affected? I don't know if you could have been any more out in left field, or rude. I didn't command anything more. I simply asked if that was a possibility and offered my suggestion because (not surprisingly) a lot of people do not know that you can do that. As you can see by this thread, there are a lot of people new to torrents.

Secondly, I have no gratitude? Did you even read the second part of my comment? "Anyway, I appreciate all your hard work! I once did this for my very own Home Movies (adult swim) season 1, 2, and 3 discs and it can be a lonnnnnnng process."

Thirdly, "I can't wait to get this and you can definitely count me in as a fulltime seeder when it finishes." I am an active member of both OiNK and TorrentBytes, both of which require a good upload ratio to stay a member.

I feel your attitude, baseless assumptions, and accusations ridiculous and uncalled for. Is this the "low post noob" theory? In fact, I have been a lurker, semi-poster for years. Just changed my ID today because I outgrew my other one.

I fully understand this. Why is everyone so up in arms over a suggestion? Where did I imply I wouldn't seed or be a part of the community? I have been a part of this community and will continue to be.

As for OWF, I apologize if you were as offended or irritated as these 2 were... as I was only trying to be helpful.

I think you took my response the wrong way, I was just agreeing that it takes time to get a file this size and that everyone needs to do thier part. I just want to make sure that everyone that wants this is able to get it in as little time possible. :) Sorry if I came across rude. I was just trying to help everyone understand how a torrent works.

I think you took my response the wrong way, I was just agreeing that it takes time to get a file this size and that everyone needs to do thier part. I just want to make sure that everyone that wants this is able to get it in as little time possible. :) Sorry if I came across rude. I was just trying to help everyone understand how a torrent works.

Understandable! It was more Darktrain, but it seemed as if you were agreeing with his assumptions against me. But I apologize to you as well...

Everyone needs to know the greatness of torrents! If anyone needs any help about how to use torrents, feel free to PM me and I can send you some links and answer any questions.

:siren:

For anyone waiting to get on the Torrent when there were more seeders. Now is the time, you have about 9 seeders and speeds should be pretty good.

Thanks OWF!

Edited by alowicious