• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

betterREDthandead

Who's your favorite Wing?

Rate this topic

Favorite Wing  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No strings or fancy stuff. Easy question (or is it?) Pick a favorite.

My choice: Osgood. You can't help but root for him. I think it's awesome that he came back, even though he knows he probably won't ever be handed the starting job here again, not with Legace being the anointed guy last year, Hasek around now and Howard waiting in the wings. The guy seems to really like being a Wing. I got no problems returning the appreciation.

And besides that, chanting "OZ-ZIE! OZ-ZIE!" is just a lot of fun.

Guest MsMikki

My choice: Osgood. You can't help but root for him. I think it's awesome that he came back, even though he knows he probably won't ever be handed the starting job here again, not with Legace being the anointed guy last year, Hasek around now and Howard waiting in the wings. The guy seems to really like being a Wing. I got no problems returning the appreciation.

My choice was Pavel Datsyuk, because he is young, good and I am hoping he will make the Wings his home for his career!

My vote, hands down...Pavel Datsyuk

The man has smooth moves, he's deceptive, has a talent for stripping the opponent of the puck in a heartbeat, great hands, and has a wonderful knack for making a goalie look as limp as cooked pasta.

Off the ice, he is kind, gracious, polite, generous, shy and soft-spoken...and has gorgeous eyes, a great smile and a good sense of humor. What's not to like?

I didn't know your fave was Ozzie! WOOT WOOT! lol

I agree with everything you say. Everyone knows Ozzie is my top fave FOREVERRRR.

The Ozzie chants are the best! I love how they only chant his name. I swear I NEVER hear the fans at the JLA ever chant any of our other goalies over the years. Maybe Manny..a couple times I think but thats it. People can say what they want about Oz but he is LOVED in Detroit. Fans may get on him when he has bad games but nevertheless they love him, and want to see him do well as they should because he's been with the Wings since he was 20 and is beyond loyal to the organization. He's the kinda of guy you'd always want to have on your team no matter what.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

I didn't know your fave was Ozzie! WOOT WOOT! lol

I agree with everything you say. Everyone knows Ozzie is my top fave FOREVERRRR.

The Ozzie chants are the best! I love how they only chant his name. I swear I NEVER hear the fans at the JLA ever chant any of our other goalies over the years. Maybe Manny..a couple times I think but thats it. People can say what they want about Oz but he is LOVED in Detroit. Fans may get on him when he has bad games but nevertheless they love him, and want to see him do well as they should because he's been with the Wings since he was 20 and is beyond loyal to the organization. He's the kinda of guy you'd always want to have on your team no matter what.

Only difference is I don't think Ozzie is dreamy :P

I remember some Vernie chants. But Osgood is the man. I don't think I've ever seen a goalie as mentally tough as Ozzie. In fact I always thought he was at his best right after letting in a goal in a road game with the fans taunting him. He always bounces back.

Only difference is I don't think Ozzie is dreamy :P

I remember some Vernie chants. But Osgood is the man. I don't think I've ever seen a goalie as mentally tough as Ozzie. In fact I always thought he was at his best right after letting in a goal in a road game with the fans taunting him. He always bounces back.

I don't think Ozzie is dreamy! lol I do think he's adorable though! EVERYONE thinks that though..the guy is 34 and he's got that babyface look like a 20 year old.

You're right about the way he always bounces back. People look at him and say this guy isn't tough BECAUSE of the way he looks, but it is BEYOND opposite. He is REALLY mentally tough and agressive as hell. He WANTS to win and he'll do whatever it takes to do so. The thing I seriously admire most about him aside from what we've already mentioned is that he's such an excellent team player. Never does he complain, or question the coach or his teammates. When I see him on the bench I seriously get sad wishing he could play more but then you see him and he's all happy, chewing his gum, and just yapping as if he's having the time of his life. He'll just do whatever is asked upon him and seriously..what more could the Wings ask for.

I went with Drapes, he's been a wing for a long time and he's from Canada. Also he plays for team Canada. Just a dam good player. Kicks ___ on the the PK's.

I picked Hasek only because I play a similar style to his (except without so much rolling over and flopping)

J/k. Whether he's here or not anymore makes no difference to me. He's still in the Boxes up around JLA, and he's also on Red Wing Row with Sawchuk, Howe, Lindsay, Delvecchio, and Abel.

Edited by Hiei

Tomas Holmstrom. Fans dont give him enough credit. Without him all those shots by Datsyuk and Zetterberg wouldnt have gone in. At practice he stands in front of the goal and lets his teammates shoot pucks at him. It take a tough player to do that.

I would go with Lidstrom. However, my 6-year old daughter would vote for Filppula. She gets so excited when he scores; it's really funny! :D

I have to go with Hank. He is, after all, my hero.

...and future husband. ;) I like pretty much everyone on the team equally, except that it has been difficult to like Lang lately (and Lilja always).

Lids without a doubt.. 4 norris trophy in 5 years, the best d man in the nhl.. and the new captain of the Wings

Try best D man in the World, has been for a long long time. Did you see the Gold Medal game??

Lidstrom is my pick hands down. He just keeps going, and going, and going.... :lol::thumbup:

I pick Lidstrom because:

1. You just don't worry when he's on the ice.

2. He doesn't make many mistakes.

3. He can score.

4. He can hold his bearing.

5. He plays very smart.