• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

betterREDthandead

Who's your favorite Wing?

Rate this topic

Favorite Wing  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That would be Chris Osgood. He has been my favorite ever since I started watching the Wings back in 1996. I am just drawn to him. He is an awesome player like others have mentioned so mentally tough. He's so determined and confident. I was just watching yesterday game 6 against Dallas of the 1998 Stanley cup playoffs it's the game right after Osgood let in that center ice goal by Jamie Langenbrunner and all the media etc cast doubt over Ozzie. Game 6 Ozzie came out to shine and played spectacular and got the shut out. I wont forget when in the second period Ozzie made a awesome save and the commentator said "What a save, What a save..Osgood has just redeemed himself". Love it! Gives me goosebumps evertime. They interviewed Oz about it and he said I knew after game 5 I said to myself I'm gonna go out there and have the best game and he did didn't he. I'm so glad he is back wearing the Winged wheel again. I was sad to see him go and ecstatic when he returned. He loves playing for Detroit..couldn't find a guy more proud to be called a Detroit Red Wing.

Edited by GoOzzie30

Since half-way through his rookie year Zetterberg has been my favorite player along with Shanahan. Aside from not being peticularly physical (though he's not letting himself be pushed around half as much this year) he's a flawless player without weakness. Lacks some of Datsyuk's offensive spark and isn't quite the indomidable stalwart defender Lidstrom is, but when hitting his stride to full effect he's the best player in the league who encompasses both dimensions together. So now that Shanny's gone (and my favorite non-wing player) Zetterberg is far and away my favorite Red Wing, Lidstrom second, Datsyuk and/or Chelios in a tie for third, depends on my mood.

I didn't know your fave was Ozzie! WOOT WOOT! lol

I agree with everything you say. Everyone knows Ozzie is my top fave FOREVERRRR.

The Ozzie chants are the best! I love how they only chant his name. I swear I NEVER hear the fans at the JLA ever chant any of our other goalies over the years. Maybe Manny..a couple times I think but thats it. People can say what they want about Oz but he is LOVED in Detroit. Fans may get on him when he has bad games but nevertheless they love him, and want to see him do well as they should because he's been with the Wings since he was 20 and is beyond loyal to the organization. He's the kinda of guy you'd always want to have on your team no matter what.

Oz hands down is my boy for life, I just love him to death.

I don't think Ozzie is dreamy! lol I do think he's adorable though! EVERYONE thinks that though..the guy is 34 and he's got that babyface look like a 20 year old.

You're right about the way he always bounces back. People look at him and say this guy isn't tough BECAUSE of the way he looks, but it is BEYOND opposite. He is REALLY mentally tough and agressive as hell. He WANTS to win and he'll do whatever it takes to do so. The thing I seriously admire most about him aside from what we've already mentioned is that he's such an excellent team player. Never does he complain, or question the coach or his teammates. When I see him on the bench I seriously get sad wishing he could play more but then you see him and he's all happy, chewing his gum, and just yapping as if he's having the time of his life. He'll just do whatever is asked upon him and seriously..what more could the Wings ask for.

The baby face is so sexy lol. Cuz you forgot how he is a towel rack also, lol.

I picked Hasek only because I play a similar style to his (except without so much rolling over and flopping)

J/k. Whether he's here or not anymore makes no difference to me. He's still in the Boxes up around JLA, and he's also on Red Wing Row with Sawchuk, Howe, Lindsay, Delvecchio, and Abel.

My style of goalie play is exactly like Hasek and probably even more rolling over and flopping, lol, but my favorite, NO

Chris Osgood! Always has been. for many reasons. I love that guy...great team guy, loves the Wing, and is just the kind of guy to root for.

Plus, you know, it's fun to say "Ozzie! Ozzie!" as someone else said.

Second is Huddles :)

Forcing me to pick just one is just plain mean since I love 'em all. Hands down? Datsyuk. He impressed me the first year he was on this team and still has. Same as Zetterberg. Both of them are the future of this hockey organization. Reason why I didn't choose Zetterberg? Everyone else did because he is an easy pick but then again so is Datsyuk. Though people are probably still skeptical about him since hasn't produced a whole lot in the playoffs.

Tomas Holmstrom. Fans dont give him enough credit. Without him all those shots by Datsyuk and Zetterberg wouldnt have gone in. At practice he stands in front of the goal and lets his teammates shoot pucks at him. It take a tough player to do that.

I couldn't agree with you more. Its really great to see the credit he is getting in the playoffs, even though he is becoming some what of a marked man. The last game says it all 2 goals, 1 assist, 13 stitches.

My fave would be......aw, you guessed it.

I love Kronwall. I really think that he'll do as well with the Wings as he has in Sweden once he gets over his injury problem. He's tough, he hits, and he has beautiful eyes, and a baby face.

Honourably mention:

Hank, Matlby, Ozzie.

And besides that, chanting "OZ-ZIE! OZ-ZIE!" is just a lot of fun.

Sure. But listening to fans in other arenas jeering "OOOOOSSS-GOOOOD" is no fun at all. That's why I picked Hasek. Plus I knew few others would.

Guest DetroitIan

Other than Stevie Y. My favorite is definitely Zetterberg. With Datsyuk as a close second. But truly I love almost all of them fairly equally. I love our squad.