• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

SFE: Wings looking at 'star player' by deadline

Rate this topic

I wonder if Pittsburgh moves..... if Crosby wont want out....... id give several star players and a pick or two for someone to build the team around again...... just like they did with Yzerman

...if and where Pit moves, they are going to need a player like Crosby to help market the team. The same reason Gretzky was traded to LA instead of Detroit back in 1989. (yes, it was down to LA and Detroit in the Gretzky trade, bu the NHL stepped in and sweetened the pot for Edmonton to trade him to LA.)

...anyhow, on subject. I would welcome Marty back, just for his toughness. The 'star' player they are looking at, just may be Forsberg. If holland is consistant, he will choose the older, more European player over the likes of a yonger, North American player (Doan.) But, maybe Forsberg will work out because of all the Swedes on this team already. Add Forsberg and Lapointe to the mix, and we become a bigger threat to win a Cup, that's for sure. Can't say much about how it will help us out in the future, but, Hollands never really been about that and the UFA's age does drop to 27 this off season, so who knows! I say go for it, why not?!?!? It ain't my money!

I want Cole :(

We should trade for Latendresse, though. Or maybe Bernier.

...why would we trade for someone we could've drafted? Hey, maybe we'll trade Kindl for him! LOL!

Talent-wise, it would be nice to have Forsberg on the roster. But logically...well, he's practically on the verge of retiring with this whole foot problem of his, not to mention the perpetual groin pulls. Were we to get him, I doubt he'd even be healthy for the playoffs.

Rob Parker has as much credibility as Eklund.

Maybe, but I don't think Parker knows enough about hockey, nor cares enough about hockey, to just blindly name Marty Lapointe. Someone must have told him at the very least. I have heard the same rumors, not that I'm as well connected, but I know the Wings were always sorry to have lost him, and have always wanted him back.

People, People, if anyone actually listened to what Rob Parker reported, the wings were looking to aquire LaPointe AND a star player that could put up big offensive numbers.

I don't know why people in this thread are claiming that LaPointe isn't the star power we need. That's cause they aren't getting him for scoring, they are getting him cause 90% of our team is a bunch of softies.

People, People, if anyone actually listened to what Rob Parker reported, the wings were looking to aquire LaPointe AND a star player that could put up big offensive numbers.

I don't know why people in this thread are claiming that LaPointe isn't the star power we need. That's cause they aren't getting him for scoring, they are getting him cause 90% of our team is a bunch of softies.

LaPointe and Havlat? :D

edit--- Kp-Wings, what's the old MTL. goal song? I think that U2 song is sweet. They seem to play alot of U2 at the games.

Edited by bringback91

If we got Lapointe as a secondary trade along with a star player, I'd be really happy. Lapointe brings toughness that, quite frankly, this team doesn't have. But not just Lapointe by himself. Lapointe and a scorer like Doan, or hell maybe even Forsberg if he stays healthy will fit the bill perfectly.

LaPointe and Havlat, oh how i would love to see that. we would have a goals and fights covered. we really need someone who will stand up for the team.

no to Floppa. beyond him there's only turtle Lemieux left on my black-list of biggest embarassments. heck, even Belfour wouldn't make me puke that much

Floppa is an Ape. he may be at Philly now but he's been and will always be a Divealanche to me. NO, NO, NO

...why would we trade for someone we could've drafted? Hey, maybe we'll trade Kindl for him! LOL!

We would trade for them because we DIDNT draft them.. The wings could have drafted half the stars in the NHL, that doesnt mean we can't trade for them. I'm sure if everyone knew Latendresse would turn out like this he would have been drafted much earlier, anyways.

I like Bernier the most, though. They must have sent him down for some reason. SJS could use a veteran D-man.

Schneider + picks/prospects for Bernier

i really thing bert is going to be avaliable at the deadline so the panthers don't look more dumb than they already do for that trade. Most would hate to see him on this team but a healthy bertuzzi woulnd't be a bad thing.

i really thing bert is going to be avaliable at the deadline so the panthers don't look more dumb than they already do for that trade. Most would hate to see him on this team but a healthy bertuzzi woulnd't be a bad thing.

The flipside is that the Panthers are going to want a big return if they trade Bert. Just so they don't look more dumb then they already do for that trade.

Talent-wise, it would be nice to have Forsberg on the roster. But logically...well, he's practically on the verge of retiring with this whole foot problem of his, not to mention the perpetual groin pulls. Were we to get him, I doubt he'd even be healthy for the playoffs.

It's too bad, too. He's only about thirty-four.

It's too bad, too. He's only about thirty-four.

33.....I know you said "about 34" so close enough.

But doesn't the fact that he is under 38 eliminate him from the Wings being interested in trading for him? Just kidding. That being said, I don't think the Wings have any use for him. While I cannot stand the guy, I can admit that he is an impressive hockey player, but he is just too injury prone and while he can still play at a high level, he's not the same player as he used to be.

We would trade for them because we DIDNT draft them.. The wings could have drafted half the stars in the NHL, that doesnt mean we can't trade for them. I'm sure if everyone knew Latendresse would turn out like this he would have been drafted much earlier, anyways.

I like Bernier the most, though. They must have sent him down for some reason. SJS could use a veteran D-man.

Schneider + picks/prospects for Bernier

Why would detroit want to trade with the team they are most likely to play in the first round of playoffs?

I think that is overpaying for Bernier

Whichever "Star Player(s)" Holland holland is targetting, they're not gonna come at a small price.

The deal saw Weight head to Carolina, along with 27-year-old Erkki Rajamaki, in exchange for forwards Jesse Boulerice, Mike Zigomanis and the rights to Magnus Kahnberg, in addition to a first-round draft pick in 2006, a fourth-round pick in 2006 and a fourth-round pick in 2007.

Last year's move for Doug Weight. Basically, Rajamaki and Kahnberg are similar in terms of value, they cancel out each other.

Edited by Mighty Wings