IPB Image

#142 raidedredwing2

raidedredwing2

The Heart of a Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(bringback91 @ January 16, 2007 - 02:10PM) View Post

I'd shop Kronner and someone or Lang and Lebda to Edmonton. Torres Smyth for Lang Lebda, or Kronner and Hudler

Oh now that sounds nice ....... a hard hitter in detroit again, we need one

QUOTE(Barrie @ January 21, 2007 - 12:12PM) View Post

I don't want Forsberg either, he's to injury prone. Plus we already have a Forsberg, his name is Henrik Zetterberg.

Forsberg has already made philly aware that he does not like the idea of being traded......
#19 will forever hang in the Rafters of The Joe Louis Arena

#143 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,858 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:48 AM

Detroit could be interested in Sanderson, Calder or Rucinsky if all else fails.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#144 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:57 AM

The Wings' front office -- Holland, assistant GM Jim Nill, senior vice president Jimmy Devellano, vice president Steve Yzerman, consultant Scotty Bowman and pro scouts Mark Howe, Bob McCammon, Glenn Merkosky and Pat Verbeek -- will gather today in Marco Island, Fla., for their annual organizational meetings. Over the next three days, they'll go over every team in the NHL and AHL and analyze potential trade possibilities and unrestricted free agents.

They plan to acquire a forward who's capable of playing on one of their top two lines. They have roughly $2 million in salary cap space, which, prorated on the deadline day, can buy them a player who's earning around $7 million per season. And they plan to use all of their available money.

NOW, that is what I like to hear! I heard before that Holland would like to add a second player as well for more depth up front as well as a top 2 line forward.

#145 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(KevinD @ January 15, 2007 - 01:40AM) View Post

before the lockout, i bet my wife lapointe would retire a wing. i would love to be right.

haha, pretty high stakes, putting your wife on the table... what are you getting in return if you're right?! happy.gif

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#146 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:56 PM

Is anyone else wondering if the Blues would even trade Guerin to the Wings after the whole Illitch incident? I mean, you know there will be other teams interested, and i cant help but wonder if that little grudge could make Davidson say hell with improving Illitch's chances if he views him as a whiner.

But assuming we could get Guerin, i'd like to see him as well as a 3rd/4th liner like Tom Kostopoulos picked up. I also think its a big mistake that Holland seems so happy with the defense. Im tellin ya, one of if not both Schneider and Chelios are gonna wear down.

Edited by Lou_Siffer, 28 January 2007 - 02:56 PM.

Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#147 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(Lou_Siffer @ January 28, 2007 - 02:56PM) View Post

Is anyone else wondering if the Blues would even trade Guerin to the Wings after the whole Illitch incident? I mean, you know there will be other teams interested, and i cant help but wonder if that little grudge could make Davidson say hell with improving Illitch's chances if he views him as a whiner.

But assuming we could get Guerin, i'd like to see him as well as a 3rd/4th liner like Tom Kostopoulos picked up. I also think its a big mistake that Holland seems so happy with the defense. Im tellin ya, one of if not both Schneider and Chelios are gonna wear down.

There is absolutely NO reason to make any moves for defense this trade deadline, NONE whatsoever. When you have kids like Ericsson, Quincey, Meech, and Kindl to call up.... Those guys are only going to give your team energy, especially as good as they already are. 3 of those 4 guys could have made the team if we weren't as deep on defense as we are.

Offense is what we need, we don't even have a 20 goal scorer yet and it's more than halfway through the season! Yeah, offense is the word this deadline.

#148 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(SwedeLundin77 @ January 28, 2007 - 03:27PM) View Post

There is absolutely NO reason to make any moves for defense this trade deadline, NONE whatsoever. When you have kids like Ericsson, Quincey, Meech, and Kindl to call up.... Those guys are only going to give your team energy, especially as good as they already are. 3 of those 4 guys could have made the team if we weren't as deep on defense as we are.

Offense is what we need, we don't even have a 20 goal scorer yet and it's more than halfway through the season! Yeah, offense is the word this deadline.

Im talking a rental type defenseman for the postseason...the guys you mentioned wont be seeing time then. I also think you're overrating these guys (especially Meech)...but thats a different issue. If you see no reason to worry at all about Schneider and Chelios i think thats rather naive.
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#149 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(Lou_Siffer @ January 28, 2007 - 04:32PM) View Post

Im talking a rental type defenseman for the postseason...the guys you mentioned wont be seeing time then. I also think you're overrating these guys (especially Meech)...but thats a different issue. If you see no reason to worry at all about Schneider and Chelios i think thats rather naive.

How is it naive to think that Schneider and Cheli will be fine??? Chelios has shown zero signs of slowing down, the guy has stated on several occasions that he feels the best physically than he ever has before and he is notorious for turning it up in the playoffs - He has also stated that he would like to play another season, the guy is a flat out competitor.

Schneider has missed some time, which also means he has gotten some rest, he'll be rejuvenated once back on Tuesday for the long-haul. Schneider also has been known to get it going and play well in the playoffs. I think you have little faith in some of our key players if anything. All you see is age and automatically you assume we need to spend money on defense when what we really need is offense. If you are so concerned about the aging players, well then I guess we need to worry about Lidstrom too, might as well just add 2 defensemen at the deadline and call it a day. hehe.gif

Any forward we may possibly get will most likely eat up most of our cap room that is left, and Holland has also stated that after trading for a "star" player, he would like to add one more gritty depth guy up front who can play 3rd or 4th line possibly.

Every hockey analyst even states that the Wings D is one of the best in the NHL and there is no need to address anything with it this trade deadline. The offense is what matters most now, and it is the primary focus for improvement. We have been and still are one of the best defensive teams in the league. We also have a goaltender who can back it up as well and will come up huge in the big games for us.

Edited by SwedeLundin77, 28 January 2007 - 05:23 PM.

#150 GuloGulo

GuloGulo

Never Waive Drake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:06 AM

Schneider's resumé of last POs is pretty okish.

On ice for 7 PPG For, 5 EVG For and 6 EVG Against.
He hardly played any PK so he can't be the goat for that.

Lidstrom:

1 PPG for, 2 EVG For, 5 PKG against & 6 EVG Against.

...with #3 being on the ice for 1 of those PKG and 5 EVG against.
<DarrylBootland> I'm big league!

#151 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,858 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:54 AM

Any word on the availability of Knuble out there?

#152 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,858 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE(RyanBarnes! @ January 28, 2007 - 10:48AM) View Post

Detroit could be interested in Sanderson, Calder or Rucinsky if all else fails.
Not too bad, eh.