• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HenrikRules40

A Car Crash In Slow Motion

Rate this topic

Worthless. Cowardly. No balls. Shameful. Hypocritical.

Claude Lemieux?

Well, yes, of course.

But, I was actually referring to the NHL.

'Cause, if you remember correctly, after Mr. Lemieux nearly became a murderer on the ice, he was dealt a firm and swift punishment: 2 game suspension!!

'Cause the league can't deny an NHL embassador like Claude the privilege of playing in the Finals.

He received a harsher lashing from Bowman in the parking lot!

Shame on the NHL!

I think it's better that McCarty has made Lemieux look like coward for the rest of his life. Lemieux will never live down the fact that he turtled when confronted face to face by someone his own size. Justice was served.

I dont like being a Claude defender here, but in his defense i havent seen one mention of the rematch with McCarty where he stood in there and came pretty close to earning a draw.

Then don't.

Hey im certainly no Claude fan, but i dont think the fact that he did eventually step up to McCarty and hold his own should be completely ignored. Especially with all the coward comments...no?

Hey im certainly no Claude fan, but i dont think the fact that he did eventually step up to McCarty and hold his own should be completely ignored. Especially with all the coward comments...no?

Fine...be reasonable. :lol: No, you're right. Thanks for being fair.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

this makes me want to watch the march 26 game in slow motion, especially when claud turtles up....where was the tough guy then...>>rewind<< watch it again...lol....

Even more telling was the game where he kept trying to go after Kozlov and Bob Rouse decided he'd had enough and kept getting in between Lemieux and Kozzie and challenging Lemieux and Lemiux pussed out like the little ***** that he was. Even Eric Lacroix tried to intervene and he still wouldn't drop the mits with Rouse. The whole time Rouse is ready to drop them with anybody willing to go and the Aves just keep trying to cheap shot Kozzie and none of them will drop and fight like a man. I think later Ward fought Lefebvre during the scrum but everybody who watched new what was going on.....Lemeiux wanted a pieceo of the much smaller Kozzie and when Rouse jumped in he shriveled like the little limp d(ck he is and always will be. Still, more than Marchment or anybody i've ever seen play the game I despise Lemieux so much it makes me want to punch a whole through my wall. Damn, this is a gonna be a great book and I can't wait to get it.

those were the days, i really want detroit and colorado to meet up again in the playoffs, maybe that will spark up the rivalry again. Nothin, and i mean Nothing compares to watching those games and how intense they were, but at least it went out with a bang in 02. that series was the greatest hockey playoff series i have ever watched.

the sentiments have already been uttered, but i have to repeat it

claude lemieux is a worthless piece of human s***, and i'd empty my wallet right here to see someone f*** up his face just as bad as he did.

turtling little *****

:lol:

couldn't agree more.

those were the days, i really want detroit and colorado to meet up again in the playoffs, maybe that will spark up the rivalry again. Nothin, and i mean Nothing compares to watching those games and how intense they were, but at least it went out with a bang in 02. that series was the greatest hockey playoff series i have ever watched.

I was just thinking that during the game tonight. How great would it be if the Avs make the playoffs and the Wings/Avs square off in the first round..

Great excerpt. I think I'll buy the book. Too bad it probably comes from a Colorado perspective.

Anyway the clip that made me really mad was the Konstaintinov hit on Clod. I'm thinking if he's still playing the WIngs win more Cups.

Claude Lemieux is a dips**t, that will never change, but what Slava Kozlov did to sucker punch Adam Foote started the whole hated rivalry, not Lemieux's hit on Draper.

Yeah but what Slava did was awesome. Foote thought for sure he was going to slam him through the boards legal or not, but then Slava was like "nope", and side stepped him, grabbed the back of his head and put his face in the glass. I loved that, payback's a *****. Those teams 96-98 show what a team should be. Stick together to the end win or lose, with even the smallest guy getting in the mix.

Yeah but what Slava did was awesome. Foote thought for sure he was going to slam him through the boards legal or not, but then Slava was like "nope", and side stepped him, grabbed the back of his head and put his face in the glass. I loved that, payback's a *****. Those teams 96-98 show what a team should be. Stick together to the end win or lose, with even the smallest guy getting in the mix.

i remember that game so much, that was pretty much my first hockey game i watched, with my dad and h is friends watching, i remember crying after seeing all that blood from foote, cause i was too young to know anything, but anyways

does anyone have a clip of that, cause i loved seeing it and would love to see it again

Great excerpt. I think I'll buy the book. Too bad it probably comes from a Colorado perspective.

Anyway the clip that made me really mad was the Konstaintinov hit on Clod. I'm thinking if he's still playing the WIngs win more Cups.

I've never heard anything to suggest the book is biased. In fact, just the opposite. I'm getting my copy soon - it's on the way from Amazon. From everything I've heard it's basically a must-have for both Avs fans (the ones that can read ;) ) and Wings fans.

I dont like being a Claude defender here, but in his defense i havent seen one mention of the rematch with McCarty where he stood in there and came pretty close to earning a draw.

That's a good point. However, I don't think the majority of Hockey fans remember that on thier own. Claude's turtle sticks out in most people's minds.

Claude's multiple turtles are what come to mind!

He was a very dirty player who did not fight his own battles.

The clips posted are great and it sure does bring back the memories. Vladdy was awesome!

But neither are we, Do you think we could muster together a line for a brawl?

For s***s and giggles...assuming each team had their "toughest" lines out and everyone paired off accordingly..

Laperriere vs Lilja

Sauer vs Markov

Klee vs Williams

McLean vs Maltby

whoever vs Draper

With May gone Colorado is no better than the Wings in the toughness department....what a pathetic line brawl this would be! Laperriere would beat Lilja but after that they're probably all draws.

I also recall that before the Draper cheap shot, Lemieux hit Igor from behind right at the Wing's bench, where he almost did the splits. What Lemiuex did to Draper is one of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen, but what about McCarty? Claude turtles, so what does he do? Knees him in the head.

At least they went toe-to-toe the next year, as it should be.

Speaking of the book, has anyone got their copy yet? Anyone read it all?

I'm 1/2 way through the book... Three words: BUY THIS BOOK!!!!! Even though it's written by a Denver paper staffer, he doesn't spin the Aves. Though the author speaks favorably about Pepe, Patricia, and others when talking about their upbringing and off-ice charity work, when it comes to the their pre-game and on-ice antics with the Red Wings they are shown in a manner that's less than flattering. BTW, the book's forward was written by Scotty Bowman (who became a friend of the author) if that tells you anything.

The essence of the book is similar to the ending of the 70's WWII flick "Tora, Tora, Tora!!!" When the Japanese admiral comments that, after Pearl Harbor, he's afraid they've "Awoken a sleeping giant..." In the book though, neither the Aves, their coaches, or the Denver media realized it until it was too late.

I don't think too many Aves fans will be reading this work.

Edited by Gizmo

For s***s and giggles...assuming each team had their "toughest" lines out and everyone paired off accordingly..

Laperriere vs Lilja

Sauer vs Markov

Klee vs Williams

McLean vs Maltby

whoever vs Draper

With May gone Colorado is no better than the Wings in the toughness department....what a pathetic line brawl this would be! Laperriere would beat Lilja but after that they're probably all draws.

The last fight could be Mark Rycroft vs Draper. Though that is still a pretty bad fight. :P