• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HenrikRules40

A Car Crash In Slow Motion

Rate this topic

The Detroit News has this excerpt from "Blood Fued" by Adrian Dater. I thought you guys would be interested in reading it, if you hadn't already. I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention. To this day, Claude Lemieux makes my blood boil.

Link: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...0325/1128/rss16

I think March 26, 1997 was a fitting way to get back at Lemieux. Mac did what everyone in Detroit wanted to do since the Drapes hit. Bring Mac Back!

this makes me want to watch the march 26 game in slow motion, especially when claud turtles up....where was the tough guy then...>>rewind<< watch it again...lol....

Claude Lemieux is a dips**t, that will never change, but what Slava Kozlov did to sucker punch Adam Foote started the whole hated rivalry, not Lemieux's hit on Draper.

Kozlov's cheap shot on foote wasn't really a cheap shot. They were battling for the puck near the boards and foote went to hit kozlov and kozlov got out of the way and foote went head first into the boards and got cut. And later in that series if Lemieux's cheapshot on Draper never happened then the rivalry never would had become what it did. It just would have been 2 good teams battling each other eveytime they played and there never would have been all the fights and hate that had become of the lemieux and draper incident. That's just my opinion.

Kozlov's cheap shot on foote wasn't really a cheap shot. They were battling for the puck near the boards and foote went to hit kozlov and kozlov got out of the way and foote went head first into the boards and got cut. And later in that series if Lemieux's cheapshot on Draper never happened then the rivalry never would had become what it did. It just would have been 2 good teams battling each other eveytime they played and there never would have been all the fights and hate that had become of the lemieux and draper incident. That's just my opinion.

Agreed. Kozlov might have been the first to lay a hit, but Clod escalated it - BIG time. Clod turned it from ordinary chippiness associated with a tough playoff series into a blood feud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=634nSML35AE , at the :45 mark is the hit on draper

, at the 1:38 mark is mac getting lemieux. the whole video is good though

I think some of Maltby's best checks are in that second video. Anyways, I always enjoy replaying the golden years of that rivalry. If you read some of the comments after the second video, there are some funny ones, there worth reading, even though I didn't agree with some of them ( i.e. Avs Fans).

That quote in the origional article where Lemieux makes a scene after he gets suspended from the games just boils my blood even more.

I think some of Maltby's best checks are in that second video. Anyways, I always enjoy replaying the golden years of that rivalry. If you read some of the comments after the second video, there are some funny ones, there worth reading, even though I didn't agree with some of them ( i.e. Avs Fans).

Some other controversial stuff gets the same fan treatment too, it's amazing. Take a look at youtube comment lists of Bertuzzi's career-ending incident and you get some Canucks fans spouting off with "that guy deserved to get put in the hospital, blah blah blah!"

People in general are idiots, I conclude. I haven't looked at any of the threads for Avs/Wings vids, but I just know they're there. "ya.. lemmmieux was god, he fsuked up draper good, ahhh!!!!1 it was great."

Yeah, way to go in-breed, obviously watching a human being get harmed on a potentially disastrous scale is entertaining. All in the name of your bizarre manner of team-worship. Obviously real life doesn't actually happen on that sheet of ice, does it?

:nonono:

Claude Lemieux is a dips**t, that will never change, but what Slava Kozlov did to sucker punch Adam Foote started the whole hated rivalry, not Lemieux's hit on Draper.

Lemieux hit Kozlov back, it should have been over with right there. Edit: Claude took it to the next level with the hit on Kris. Atleast Foote and Kozlov went into the boards together. Lemieux hit someone smaller than him from behind. It was totally uncalled for.

My only regret is that Mac didn't beat his ass even worse than was actually done. Preferably until he needed fourty stitches and a wired jaw.

I think it's better that McCarty has made Lemieux look like coward for the rest of his life. Lemieux will never live down the fact that he turtled when confronted face to face by someone his own size. Justice was served.

Edited by Barrie

Since were on the topic of the Wings and Avalanche rivalry, I thought I'd share with you the NHL Networks top 10 moments of the rivalry. I got this off an avalanche forum a while back and it's really cool and gives a brief 30 minute history of the rivalry. It has lots of interviews with players and has all the major incidents of the rivalry like McCarty vs Lemieux, Roy vs Osgood, Vernon, and Hasek, and the Kozlov and Foote incident as well as all the other fights and goals. Enjoy.

NHL Networks Top 10 Wings and Avalanche Rivalry Moments: Click Here

Since were on the topic of the Wings and Avalanche rivalry, I thought I'd share with you the NHL Networks top 10 moments of the rivalry. I got this off an avalanche forum a while back and it's really cool and gives a brief 30 minute history of the rivalry. It has lots of interviews with players and has all the major incidents of the rivalry like McCarty vs Lemieux, Roy vs Osgood, Vernon, and Hasek, and the Kozlov and Foote incident as well as all the other fights and goals. Enjoy.

NHL Networks Top 10 Wings and Avalanche Rivalry Moments: Click Here

That was great stuff, thanks for posting the link.

I like what Scotty said after the Brawl Game, "This all could have been avoided if he said sorry".

I think it pretty much sums it up.

Lemieux hit Kozlov back, it should have been over with right there. Edit: Claude took it to the next level with the hit on Kris. Atleast Foote and Kozlov went into the boards together. Lemieux hit someone smaller than him from behind. It was totally uncalled for.

No doubt about it, and I am not denying it whatsoever. Just want to make sure that we all know our guys aren't angels 100% all the time, thus bringing up the nasty Kozlov/Foote incident. The Lemieux-Draper one was much worse though and just disgraceful as a fan to watch.

EDIT goof

Edited by SouthernWingsFan