• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elshupacabra

Peter Forsberg

Rate this topic

He was in the middle of the Detroit VS Colorado years why would we wan't him!? thats like us trying to pick up Roy! Now granted that the Rivalry is dead but still I don't want Forsberg anywhere near Detroit :angry:

He was in the middle of the Detroit VS Colorado years why would we wan't him!? thats like us trying to pick up Roy! Now granted that the Rivalry is dead but still I don't want Forsberg anywhere near Detroit :angry:

Same reason I would've taken Roy during his years in colorado. The guy's a great player and would make the team better. (Forsberg's health issues notwithstanding).

Chelios was a hated Blackhawk before coming here, remember?

I hated Cheli much more than I ever did Floppa.

Roy is much different than Forsberg. Although he is one of the best ever, I REALLY wouldn't want Roy on our team. Just as much as I wouldn't want Claude. He is just a whiny dirty player, a real prima donna if I've ever seen one.

Word,

LDi03

even though he's one of the best goaltenders to ever play the game and would greatly increase the Wing's chance of winning the Cup?

whiny yes. I don't consider Roy dirty though.

The Wings - Avalanche rivalry has been dead for a long time now. Forsberg doesn't even play for the Av's directly anymore anyways.

Nobody liked Chelios before, and look where he is now? Same exact thing.

Granted, Forsberg was our rival in the great Colorado-Detroit years, but to compare him to Claude L. is a bit harsh.

He's still a valuable player, but I don't like his u-571 attitude and the fact he is very injury-prone...

So no thanks.

whiny yes. I don't consider Roy dirty though.

Do you remember when Roy would take his stick and pile up the ice shavings on the sides of the net so no one could try wrap arounds? Thats pretty underhanded in my book!

everyone says they would take fores, but can anybody really picture peter foresberg raising the stanley cup in a wings jersey? how weird would that be, that would just put a sour taste in my mouth that i wouldnt want.. so pass on fores.

everyone says they would take fores, but can anybody really picture peter foresberg raising the stanley cup in a wings jersey? how weird would that be, that would just put a sour taste in my mouth that i wouldnt want.. so pass on fores.

It'd be a weird sight. for sure.

But I wouldn't be thinking much about it when I saw Zetterberg and Lidstrom and Datsyuk and Lang and Chelios and the rest of the Wings all skating around with the Cup.

Exactly. He's still a world-class player when healthy, he'll produce in the playoffs, he's a tough player (which is part of why he's hurt so often)... he'll make the team better. Unless we have to overpay to get him, or if we know he won't re-sign here, then pass... but otherwise, hell yes.

I'd pay to put up a print on every billboard in colorado.

:lol:

then Detroit should retire his jersey. :D

Perhaps a Forsberg Shrine at Hart Plaza (where that steel donut is). Wings fans from the Mountain States could stage a yearly pilgrimage to the Forsberg Statue offering baskets of local produce such as Rocky Mountain Oysters as a tribute.

i dont think hed fit in .. only angle is the swedish thing.. other then that i dont think it will work.. one hes too injury prone, 2 hes nto a big time scorer more of a datsyuk type player in more assists then goals. and 3 we need scroing and healthy players or atleast ones that are consitantly healthy. not ones that take a year off to rest a foot then come back just for the playoffs. but ya hope wings dont get him

I'd prefer a shooter too but saying Forsberg's style doesn't fit the Wings is crazy. Say Joe Thornton had Forsberg's playoff history. Would you want him on the team?

The only down-side of getting Forsberg are his injury problems.

i dont see how his style will help .. he have his style of player in zetterberg only forsberg has the recognition and more strength then zett but i think zett is getting to his level in takin over a game .. or even rising above it! and for what wed have to give up for it .. ti would be worth it.

i dont see how his style will help .. he have his style of player in zetterberg only forsberg has the recognition and more strength then zett but i think zett is getting to his level in takin over a game .. or even rising above it! and for what wed have to give up for it .. ti would be worth it.

Who cares about his style? He's an elite player when he's healthy. He would help any team.

ya key word there is .. HEALTHY. somethings forsberg has never been. and if he was i dont think the cost of getting him and having him till the offseason woul dbe worth it. he migth but but i dont think youll see much off a change in scoring honestly. we need someone who focuses on scoring not setting up goals.

Perhaps a Forsberg Shrine at Hart Plaza (where that steel donut is). Wings fans from the Mountain States could stage a yearly pilgrimage to the Forsberg Statue offering baskets of local produce such as Rocky Mountain Oysters as a tribute.

That is the best. :) They could start an "underground sister city" thing with us! Eventually we'd infiltrate and claim Denver for our own.

I think with Forsberg, if he's actually what the Wings could use (I still very much think that something grittier would be needed--if they make sure to get that -along- with him, then fine, but Fors isn't enough), I can see him playing on the squad.. that doesn't bother me much, even though he's a strange fit indeed.

I don't see him staying with Detroit though. I don't remember the time left on his contract, but due to the past Avs/Wings rivalry, I don't see him particularly caring to stick around for long, regardless if we win the cup this year. I'm sure he'd rather take up elsewhere in the league faster than the motor city. However, that's just a guess at his mindset