• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JeeSpot82

Claude Lemieux on Pros vs. Joes

Rate this topic

Hey,

So I turned on Pros vs. Joes last night a few minutes late, but while two of the Joes were introducing themselves to the Pros. From what I can tell, they were both Wings fans because one said he can't wait to face Lemieux for Kris Draper, and the second said something along the lines of "For Darren McCarty." It was nice to see that they weren't afraid to say something to Lemieux about being Wings fans and that they'd really like to run his face into the boards and watch him recieve 300 stitches....

HOWEVER, right after the 2nd Joe said he's out for revenge for Kris Draper, Claude said "You're just like Kris Draper...all talk." I waited a few hours before posting this today because I was wondering if anyone else caught it. THEM'S FIGHTIN WORDS, TURTLE!

Also, during the actual competition, the Joes had to get to loose pucks and score on an empty net before being stripped of the puck by Claude. Seems pretty easy for us veteran hockey players, but the VERY FIRST puck that the Joe got to, Claude Lemieux high sticked him in the chin, there was blood, the dude was checking to see if all his teeth were still in his mouth. It was honestly probably completely accidental, but Claude was so proud and even bragged to his Pro Buds that "it's been awhile. It felt good" while the Joe was collecting his brain.

Now, I work in TV so I understand how heavily things can be edited, especially when creating a "villain" type character (which, obviously, Claude Lemieux was put on this earth for) - but I just thought I'd drop that nugget of TV Villainy for anyone who didn't have a chance to catch it.

I watched it also and Lemieux told all the pros before he got on the ice that he was going to try to knock out some teeth.

I wish I had been the one against Lemieux. Right after he would have high sticked me he would have lost his remaining teeth or his nose (ala Rocket Richard).

F**king coward

Edited by bellarina

I missed the very beginning of the show so I missed the trash talk, but I did see the hockey event.

That highstick was on purpose, and I laughed my ass off. This guy just doesn't know how to play clean.

It was also funny because it was the very first play of the hockey event. Literally, 5 seconds in and he's already committed what would be a double-minor in the NHL.

On a side note, usually the Joes don't fair so well in the hockey events. These guys clearly had some hockey experience and looked pretty comfortable on skates. One dude even tried a bit of a spinorama before Lemieux knocked him down. It's good to see hockey events where the Joes can at least skate.

Hey,

So I turned on Pros vs. Joes last night a few minutes late, but while two of the Joes were introducing themselves to the Pros. From what I can tell, they were both Wings fans because one said he can't wait to face Lemieux for Kris Draper, and the second said something along the lines of "For Darren McCarty." It was nice to see that they weren't afraid to say something to Lemieux about being Wings fans and that they'd really like to run his face into the boards and watch him recieve 300 stitches....

HOWEVER, right after the 2nd Joe said he's out for revenge for Kris Draper, Claude said "You're just like Kris Draper...all talk." I waited a few hours before posting this today because I was wondering if anyone else caught it. THEM'S FIGHTIN WORDS, TURTLE!

It's over and done with. DMac has forever given C. Lemieux the label of "Turtle", "Coward", "Dumb Ass", "Scum Bag", and whatever else you want to call him.

I wish these guys didn't say anything to Claude and left it alone. It was 11 seasons ago, McCarty got him back and we won 3 Cups. They should have never given Lemieux the chance to say that about Draper. It isn't fair to Kris to make it an issue again and to get insulted like that on tv.

Lemieux obviously doesn't have a clue. He has no remorse for what he did, just leave it alone. Everyone knows he's an *******, that's enough.

I don't care, If I ever see that piece of pigs*** in person I'm braining the f*****....

Yeah, the best thing is, Lemiuex forever is going to have to watch his back. I'm sure the guy doesn't sleep well at night and can't go out, knowing so many people hate him and would pound his face in.

That, and the fact McCarty forever totally embarrassed the guy, is justice enough for me.

I watched that last night too. I was really hoping that one of the Joe's would just say, "Screw the competition" and take a shot t Claude. Of course, it was Lemieux that did the cheap high-sticking.

As it happened, I looked at my wife and just said, "Typical."

And even though it was 11 years ago, hearing Lemieux make comments like he did last night is what angers me. The guy is the same cheap-shot artist he was back when he played.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Yeah....we talked about this a little in the 100 reasons to hate the Avs thread. Last night was the closest I felt to rivalry in years.

You guys all make me laugh. I'm no Lemieux apologist by anymeans (I despise the guy too) but this guy was not exactly a panzy on the ice. I've seen him fight a few times and he knew how to hold his own. Sure, he turtled vs McCarty and he looked like a fool doing so, but doesn't anyone here remember the rematch where Lemieux dropped the gloves on the opening face off? He stood toe-to-toe with Darren and I thought he did really well. In fact, some think he got the better of McCarty.

I guarentee you that 95% of the people on this board would have had the crap kicked out of them by Lemieux if they dropped the gloves with him. Or at the very least drawn even. But certainly nobody here would have KO'd him or come close to it.

Also, the one "Joe" who was from Michigan told MLive.com that Lemieux was a really nice guy off the ice so I'm positive he only played up this highstick incident for the camera. And I'm just as positive all those comments were for entertainment purposes too. Look at the reaction he got from a few people on these boards? He did exactly what we all wanted and expected him to do and now I'm sure there'll be a lot of people trying to find this episode on youtube or on rerurns. This show certainly got what it wanted from Lemieux.

Edited by Hank

All I got to say is look who's still in the leauge and well respected, and look who has to do reality t.v. shows and is thought of as a cheapshot prick. Yeah I've seen Claude fight a few times, most of the time got his ass handed to him. Dmac crushed him the first time, and won the second. He talks a big game, plays dirty, but by no means is a heavy weight or a badass. Lets see him talk that s*** and try to pull a stunt like that in an Alumni game when big 24 is out there.

I saw the episode and if I remember right one of the 2 guys who hated Claude was from Colorodo. That struck me as kind of odd. The final on ice even was pretty much made to take a shot at Lemieux and neither guy really did. Would have been nice to see one of them just bull rush him and then knock the puck out of the circle.

All I got to say is look who's still in the leauge and well respected, and look who has to do reality t.v. shows and is thought of as a cheapshot prick. Yeah I've seen Claude fight a few times, most of the time got his ass handed to him. Dmac crushed him the first time, and won the second. He talks a big game, plays dirty, but by no means is a heavy weight or a badass. Lets see him talk that s*** and try to pull a stunt like that in an Alumni game when big 24 is out there.

I don't think Lemieux really cares about being respected or not. He won 3 cups in his career and even won a Conn Smythe trophy with New Jersey.

He's no heavyweight and he never, ever claimed to be one. I've seen a handful of his fights and most of the time he came off pretty even. McCarty winning the rematch is debatable but the fact he hung in with a supposed top-teir scrapper like McCarty tells you he's no panzy and would have killed almost every average joe on the show if they went after him.

Like Barrie said, all of this happened 11 years ago. Draper won 3 Cups after this incident and many Avs didn't agree with what Lemieux did either. Lets all drop it and remember the payback that this idiot received. That would be the biggest insult of all to him.

Guest zetterberg_is_da_man

i never heard about this. Pros vs. Joes what channel was it on?

i cant belive i missed it

I don't think Lemieux really cares about being respected or not. He won 3 cups in his career and even won a Conn Smythe trophy with New Jersey.

He's no heavyweight and he never, ever claimed to be one. I've seen a handful of his fights and most of the time he came off pretty even. McCarty winning the rematch is debatable but the fact he hung in with a supposed top-teir scrapper like McCarty tells you he's no panzy and would have killed almost every average joe on the show if they went after him.

Like Barrie said, all of this happened 11 years ago. Draper won 3 Cups after this incident and many Avs didn't agree with what Lemieux did either. Lets all drop it and remember the payback that this idiot received. That would be the biggest insult of all to him.

I'd just like to say that I LOVE your avatar! :lol:

You guys all make me laugh. I'm no Lemieux apologist by anymeans (I despise the guy too) but this guy was not exactly a panzy on the ice. I've seen him fight a few times and he knew how to hold his own. Sure, he turtled vs McCarty and he looked like a fool doing so, but doesn't anyone here remember the rematch where Lemieux dropped the gloves on the opening face off? He stood toe-to-toe with Darren and I thought he did really well. In fact, some think he got the better of McCarty.

I guarentee you that 95% of the people on this board would have had the crap kicked out of them by Lemieux if they dropped the gloves with him. Or at the very least drawn even. But certainly nobody here would have KO'd him or come close to it.

Also, the one "Joe" who was from Michigan told MLive.com that Lemieux was a really nice guy off the ice so I'm positive he only played up this highstick incident for the camera. And I'm just as positive all those comments were for entertainment purposes too. Look at the reaction he got from a few people on these boards? He did exactly what we all wanted and expected him to do and now I'm sure there'll be a lot of people trying to find this episode on youtube or on rerurns. This show certainly got what it wanted from Lemieux.

Ok...so why are you quoting me? Did you ascertain that I am one of those people from my two sentence post?

That just proves even more of just how much of an ass he really is. I read an interview with Cheli the other day, and he said most of Claudes own teammates couldn't stand him and didn't respect him. I'm not saying he can't see his career as a success in his own mind, just that as far as being a real man goes, he's not.

I never said he claimed to be a heavy weight, but when you play like a cheapshot, and talk a big game, you should never "turtle" like a panzy. Dmac was never really considered a "top-teir" heavy weight, actually I think there about the same size. Some one else in another thread spoke of how he tried to go after Kozlov on numerous occasions, while Rouse stepped in to take over for Koz. Claude wanted no parts of it, cause he didn't want to do anything with someone who could handle there own, and was looking at him face to face. I didn't see the show, so I can't say one way or the other how the "joes" would've faired. But I have a hard time believeing that that prick would've easily handled anyone who never played pro. You seem to have some sort of admiration or respect for claude and that's fine, but you shouldn't be surprised when alot of people around here don't.

Yeah it was 11 years ago. It was also the start of (IMO) the greatest rivalry in all of sports. Yeah, Drapes won his cups, and it didn't take him almost killing someone with a dirty hit to do it. Oh, it's been dropped as far as the Av's go, I couldn't care less about them now, but I'd still like to see Claude get his ass kicked at every oppertunity.

That just proves even more of just how much of an ass he really is. I read an interview with Cheli the other day, and he said most of Claudes own teammates couldn't stand him and didn't respect him. I'm not saying he can't see his career as a success in his own mind, just that as far as being a real man goes, he's not.

I never said he claimed to be a heavy weight, but when you play like a cheapshot, and talk a big game, you should never "turtle" like a panzy. Dmac was never really considered a "top-teir" heavy weight, actually I think there about the same size. Some one else in another thread spoke of how he tried to go after Kozlov on numerous occasions, while Rouse stepped in to take over for Koz. Claude wanted no parts of it, cause he didn't want to do anything with someone who could handle there own, and was looking at him face to face. I didn't see the show, so I can't say one way or the other how the "joes" would've faired. But I have a hard time believeing that that prick would've easily handled anyone who never played pro. You seem to have some sort of admiration or respect for claude and that's fine, but you shouldn't be surprised when alot of people around here don't.

Yeah it was 11 years ago. It was also the start of (IMO) the greatest rivalry in all of sports. Yeah, Drapes won his cups, and it didn't take him almost killing someone with a dirty hit to do it. Oh, it's been dropped as far as the Av's go, I couldn't care less about them now, but I'd still like to see Claude get his ass kicked at every oppertunity.

Hockeytown Red Wings, sorry, I just picked a random resonse and must have hit 'quote' instead of reply. Not directing that comment to you at all.

Bringback91, I don't disagree with at all about your assessment about Lemieux. He's an idiot and should be despised.

I was only commenting on how many people here said they would have fought him on the show when that's all talk and regardless of whether the guy turtled from time to time, he could still hold his own. The same people that say "I would have fought Lemieux" would probably not say the same thing about McCarty. But in their rematch Lemieux more than held his own against Dmac. If those same people think they're tougher than Dmac then obviously they know something I don't. But most casual hockey players wouldn't last 10 seconds with a guy of his fistic experience.

What kind of makes me laugh about your assesment of Lemieux (which is bang-on) is that the same thing could be applied to Chris Chelios. Chelios is known around the league for doing a lot of dirty stuff. He slashes, butts, cheapshots but he never fights anyone he knows he's going to lose to. Doesn't anyone here remember how he'd target Yzerman all the time while he played with Chicago? Stevie even dropped the gloves with him. But there have been numerous times in Cheli's career where a tough opponent challenged Cheli only to see him turn and run. He did it with Probie, Wendel Clark and more recenlty Todd Bertuzzi.

Just food for thought.

Edited by Hank

My hatred for Lemieux pretty much ended when he retired. Yeah, from a Wings fans perspective, he was a prick, but you know he would've been a fan favorite if he wore the winged wheel.

I was actually rooting for him on the show. I just thought it was funny that the first thing he did was highstick the poor Joe.

I would have dropped the gloves with Lemieux, I would get dropped in no time but I have a chance since Lemieux loves to turtle in fights. I would like to see one of the Joes just dropped the gloves and fight.

I would drop the gloves with him as well but I wouldn't have been dropped, not by him. I can skate just as well as him , i'm a hell of alot stronger the he can ever be (I don't think he can bench 420Lbs). I boxed for 3 1/2 years. I weigh 245LBS and i'm his height, And I still run regularly. I wish I could be on that show against him. I would have painted my face with the Winged wheel so that he can see me coming.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Claude is a ***** with no freinds. He got divorced from his wife since she didnt love him and lets just say if it was a slippery road i'd " Lose control of my hummer" and ******* run that ***** over. Claude lemeuix is one of the few people in this world who i would be indiffirent to hear died.

" Did you hear claude lemuix died today"

O............. Im Hungery for Chocolate Turtles.

Seriously, I wouldn't mind to see him dead. Im not kidding, at all. If i saw that punk I'd hit him with my stick in the head and than stomp on his neck with a skate. He almost got beaten to death by Mac!

Edit= Toned it down a bit for a more pg-13ish rating

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA