• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
superstarsingh

The Youtube Kid

Rate this topic

Probably because he isn't. He has some good moves, but there are a ton of guys out there his age that can do the same and better.

It didn't really look like the goalies were trying out there either.. Plus come game time he's not going to be able to do that on the ice at all without getting his head hunted

Probably because he isn't. He has some good moves, but there are a ton of guys out there his age that can do the same and better.

Sorry to burst your bubble but NO, there's not tons of 13 year old kids who can do the same and better out there. At 13 he's probably in grade 8 or 9, think about that for a minute and then put it in comparison to yourself or your buddies at that grade level. I've been coaching high school hockey in Canada for 10 years now and seen literally thousands of kids play during that time. I've yet to see a player in Grade 11 or 12 who is that adept at stick handling and shootout moves, let alone someone in Grade 8 or 9. That kid is a special talent, I'm not saying he's a sure fire NHL'er or anything because there's a lot more to making pro than being able to stick handle, but from the standpoint of that particular skill alone, he's light years ahead of 99% of hockey players his age.

Sorry to burst your bubble but NO, there's not tons of 13 year old kids who can do the same and better out there. At 13 he's probably in grade 8 or 9, think about that for a minute and then put it in comparison to yourself or your buddies at that grade level. I've been coaching high school hockey in Canada for 10 years now and seen literally thousands of kids play during that time. I've yet to see a player in Grade 11 or 12 who is that adept at stick handling and shootout moves, let alone someone in Grade 8 or 9. That kid is a special talent, I'm not saying he's a sure fire NHL'er or anything because there's a lot more to making pro than being able to stick handle, but from the standpoint of that particular skill alone, he's light years ahead of 99% of hockey players his age.

I would have to disagree with you on this forsure, i've seen kids when i used to play hockey that kids that age could do that, and im sure there are plenty of kids his age that can do that now

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I work for the Honeybaked Hockey Club, the program guys like Ryan Kesler Tim Gleason, and Bobby Ryan came from and I have seen kids do moves like this ALL the time in practice. The Honeybaked kids are the best of the best, they are too good to play high school hockey. Never the less all these kids have a great deal of talent.

its not too amazing, but common u cant say that its not great for a 13 y.o to do that, i doubt there are that many people that have the same stick handling skills as him. i guess we just gotta see what he can do during a game. btw he was too good for his league so they put him in the 15-16 y.o league.

Sorry to burst your bubble but NO, there's not tons of 13 year old kids who can do the same and better out there. At 13 he's probably in grade 8 or 9, think about that for a minute and then put it in comparison to yourself or your buddies at that grade level.

That's exactly what I did and my conclusion was....I could do similar things at that age and I was nowhere near the best player around. Maybe he is a very special talent, but I just do not think you can come to that conclusion based on the shootout moves he displayed.

Did he even score on half of those?

hockey is a multifaceted sport and he has some moves on a shootout, there's no denying that. My question is as a defencemen i'd laugh in his face if he tried most of those trying to get by me. If he had some moves to get around other teams D men, and THEN could do all that i'd be impressed

That's exactly what I did and my conclusion was....I could do similar things at that age and I was nowhere near the best player around. Maybe he is a very special talent, but I just do not think you can come to that conclusion based on the shootout moves he displayed.

Did he even score on half of those?

Nope he missed the net on lots of the attempts, or just shot right at the goalie

he was probably just showing off his better moves, i dont think he expects to score a between the legs spin shot everytime, if u look at the more simple tricks he did, he totally undressed the goalie. i just want to see what this kid can do in a game then we can actually determine if hes a good hockey player. but for now i think we can all agree he is great at shootouts.