• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

eva unit zero

Hudler

Rate this topic

I was looking at the goals to ice time ratios of the Wings, and I came upon a realization;

Jiri Hudler is third on the team in goals per second, behind Holmstrom and Cleary by a small margin and ahead of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

He played under five minutes last night and still scored.

When will Hudler get a real shot on a scoring line?

I really hope he isn't, I like the little shrimp

me too...

i think he could be a star, which worries me greately. He's the only player that hasn't been decalared untradable that maybe we could do without that another team might want..

who the hell is going to want Williams or Lilja...

we don't have many tradable propects, and that's why i fear for Hudler, as much as i'd love to see him in a Red Wings uniform for a long time to come. He kinda reminds me of Slava Kozlov, and we know what a great player he became after taking a while to break through

I was looking at the goals to ice time ratios of the Wings, and I came upon a realization;

Jiri Hudler is third on the team in goals per second, behind Holmstrom and Cleary by a small margin and ahead of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

I hate to say this because i like hudds, but he will get his shot most likly when he gets traded :(

We ought to hang on to Hudler because as you guys have said he has not been given the chance to really show what he can do. I dont think trading him for someone who could be a rental player is too wise. This guy had around 90 something points last season in the AHL. If anyone should be dealt it should be Williams and maybe some younger prospects. Maybe Meech? I mean if we lost him we would still have Kindl and Quincey who would be ready soon.

I would only trade Hudler if the deal were too good to refuse.

I would not trade Hudler to rent a guy like Roberts for what might amount to one, maybe two, playoff seires.

But if it was for someone like Norstrom who had another full year left on his contract, or as part of a package deal for a guy like Jokinen who is signed relatively cheap for three more seasons, then I would make the deal.

I'd just as soon hang on to the kid though and go looking for a few big wingers this summer to play with some of these smaller guys.

I'd rather trade Schneider.

Edited by rick zombo

We ought to hang on to Hudler because as you guys have said he has not been given the chance to really show what he can do. I dont think trading him for someone who could be a rental player is too wise. This guy had around 90 something points last season in the AHL. If anyone should be dealt it should be Williams and maybe some younger prospects. Maybe Meech? I mean if we lost him we would still have Kindl and Quincey who would be ready soon.

Another thing, what teams are going to want williams :lol:

I fail to see how this is new/useful information. Is this going to be the new weekly Grigorenko thread? Hudler isn't ready for top 6 minutes people. His production wouldn't result in 40-50 goals. Give it a rest.

^^^ and you know that how?

I'd LOVE the see Huds get more ice time and I really think he deserves it. The guy can score and he's really smart with the puck as well. The Wings better not trade him. He's just now starting to become the great player we all thought he had the potential to become.

I think that eva unit zero is trying to make the point about Jiri's scoring ratio compared to other guys. Probably the per second method is a bit too much with a fine comb. Maybe if you used his scoring ratio/shoots compared to other guys on the roster it'll put the point across better. ie

Draper has 9 goals from 106 shots.

Lang has 13 from 104.

Samuelsson has 11 from 144.

Williams 9 from 97

Zetterberg 22 from his 185 attempt's.

With Hudler's strike rate of 16.7% his return from the same shot's;

Draps. 18 goals.

Lang. 17 goals.

Sammy. 24 goals.

Willy. 16 goals.

Hank. 31 goals.

maybe we do have the sniper we all want in our midst, I just hope he's in a Wing's uniform when he get's decent TOI and puts the numbers up.

Huds,Flip and Grigs is a line I really would like to see on next years roster.

I think that eva unit zero is trying to make the point about Jiri's scoring ratio compared to other guys. Probably the per second method is a bit too much with a fine comb. Maybe if you used his scoring ratio/shoots compared to other guys on the roster it'll put the point across better. ie

Draper has 9 goals from 106 shots.

Lang has 13 from 104.

Samuelsson has 11 from 144.

Williams 9 from 97

Zetterberg 22 from his 185 attempt's.

With Hudler's strike rate of 16.7% his return from the same shot's;

Draps. 18 goals.

Lang. 17 goals.

Sammy. 24 goals.

Willy. 16 goals.

Hank. 31 goals.

maybe we do have the sniper we all want in our midst, I just hope he's in a Wing's uniform when he get's decent TOI and puts the numbers up.

Huds,Flip and Grigs is a line I really would like to see on next years roster.

No, this does not put the point across better. He was trying to make the point that he scores more per second than most on the team, if you give him more ice time, maybe his goal totals would be up near the top. I think this is somewhat subjective, but not as subjective as your comparison based on shots. You can't simply look at goal totals based on shooting percentage if he were to shoot as much as Zetterberg for example. Who's to say he is good enough to get himself in the position to be able to get that many shots on net? Maybe he doesn't shoot unless he thinks he has a higher chance of scoring, vs. just throwing it on net every chance you get.

^^^ and you know that how?

I'd LOVE the see Huds get more ice time and I really think he deserves it. The guy can score and he's really smart with the puck as well. The Wings better not trade him. He's just now starting to become the great player we all thought he had the potential to become.

Because if Hudler was even close to the player some people make him out to be, Babcock wouldn't be so hesitant to play him more. Everybody knows Detroit could use a top six sniper, but more icetime doesn't necessarily result in more goals. Hudler's line benefits greatly from not playing top defensive units. That would change if Hudler got top 6 minutes. Then there's also the fact that with more icetime comes more responsibility. Hudler isn't exactly known for his defensive game.

Because if Hudler was even close to the player some people make him out to be, Babcock wouldn't be so hesitant to play him more. Everybody knows Detroit could use a top six sniper, but more icetime doesn't necessarily result in more goals. Hudler's line benefits greatly from not playing top defensive units. That would change if Hudler got top 6 minutes. Then there's also the fact that with more icetime comes more responsibility. Hudler isn't exactly known for his defensive game.

I have to agree with Barnes here. This isn't a case of Babcock picking on Hudler in my opinion. I just don't think he's ready for top six minutes.

That being said, a little more ice time for Rex wouldn't hurt the team.

Personally, it's nice to see a 4th line that has the ability to score. Hudler's goal against the Rangers was fantastic. It jumpstarted the comeback, and he paid the price in the crease to poke it in. A scoring Hudler on the 4th line only means more offensive depth. Which is essential for any kind of playoff run. Can't we all just be happy with this?

Guest wingsrule_s_

I would not trade Hudler to rent a guy like Roberts for what might amount to one, maybe two, playoff seires.

But if it was for someone like Norstrom who had another full year left on his contract, or as part of a package deal for a guy like Jokinen who is signed relatively cheap for three more seasons, then I would make the deal.

I'd just as soon hang on to the kid though and go looking for a few big wingers this summer to play with some of these smaller guys.

gary roberts wouldnt cost us a prospect , hes the one guy i can see us getting for maybe a 2nd round pick , which is why i think we should go for him, i dont wanna trade hudler either

only guys i can tolerate getting rid of is jason williams and lilja , but lilja wont go anywhere incase we suffer an injury from the back end .......derek meech and evan mcgrath is another i wouldnt mind getting rid of , plus the obvious picks

in my dreams the only moves we'd make would be ...

gary roberts for a 2008 2nd round pick

peter forsberg for jason williams , evan mcgrath and a 2007 1st round pick

then we can always go for a shane doan in the off season

gary roberts wouldnt cost us a prospect , hes the one guy i can see us getting for maybe a 2nd round pick , which is why i think we should go for him, i dont wanna trade hudler either

only guys i can tolerate getting rid of is jason williams and lilja , but lilja wont go anywhere incase we suffer an injury from the back end .......derek meech and evan mcgrath is another i wouldnt mind getting rid of , plus the obvious picks

in my dreams the only moves we'd make would be ...

gary roberts for a 2008 2nd round pick

peter forsberg for jason williams , evan mcgrath and a 2007 1st round pick

then we can always go for a shane doan in the off season

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why on earth would we trade for ANOTHER center? This is the same reason I do not see us getting Forsberg.

Sure he isn't known for his defensive game, but can you point to one glaring mistake he's made this season? A blown coverage? A bad turnover that led to a goal or even a prime scoring chance?

He's one of our best goal scorers per minute, and Bruce MacLeod (Macomb Daily reporter that posts at RWC) ran the numbers and he's also among the best on the team for having the fewest goals scored against us while he's on the ice.

Jiri has played solid, sound minutes all season long. That's more than you can say about some ahead of him on the ice time chart.

Why on earth would we trade for ANOTHER center? This is the same reason I do not see us getting Forsberg.

Because one or even both of Datsyuk and Lang won't be around after this season.

Sure he isn't known for his defensive game, but can you point to one glaring mistake he's made this season? A blown coverage? A bad turnover that led to a goal or even a prime scoring chance?

He's one of our best goal scorers per minute, and Bruce MacLeod (Macomb Daily reporter that posts at RWC) ran the numbers and he's also among the best on the team for having the fewest goals scored against us while he's on the ice.

Jiri has played solid, sound minutes all season long. That's more than you can say about some ahead of him on the ice time chart.

Limiting ones mistakes is smart, and being on the ice for few goals scored against is good, but neither is the same thing as being great defensively. Hudler has done well with the limited icetime he's seen, but that doesn't make him elite.