• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NJmonak10

Going to Toronto this weekened

Rate this topic

On my third stop of visiting every NHL arena (1. Detroit, 2. Columbus) I'm heading to Toronto this weekend to hit up the Leafs/Pens game, and to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame. I was wondering if anyone else that lives there or has been there has any suggestions of things that are a must for a hockey fan visiting Toronto. The only other thing we have planned is Wayne Gretzky's restaurant.

I searched the forums to see if there was a discussion about this before and found this. Unrelated, but fun:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...&hl=Toronto

since it will be close to a game day(or game day) the ac tour would suck since you wont be able to go into the dressing room (much beter to do that during the summer when you can do the FULL tour)

the gretz restaurant is cool, maybe a tour of the rogers center, if you get a chance head over the maple leaf gardens(i am no way shape or form a leafs fan but i have taken the tour at maple leaf garden and it is AMAZING... i don't know if they still run the tours or not.) if you are into shopping the eaton center is close by as well, of course the HOF is a must you could spend a good day and a half to look at everything there.

those are some suggestions, if you need anymore info let me know i have been to toronto plenty of times. Are you driving? where are you staying ], maybe i can find some stuff within walking distance for you.

edit http://www.gretzkys.com/setwindow.html gretzky restaurant

Edited by PunkChildP

Ya on my 21st b-day we went to Toronto, there is a really good restaraunt in the same complex as the Hall of Fame that you should try. I forget the name, but its a buffet style restaraunt...kind of, its really hard to explain lol. Youll know what I'm talkign about when you see it. Gretzkys was a good place for us to drink and watch the game.

Ya on my 21st b-day we went to Toronto, there is a really good restaraunt in the same complex as the Hall of Fame that you should try. I forget the name, but its a buffet style restaraunt...kind of, its really hard to explain lol. Youll know what I'm talkign about when you see it. Gretzkys was a good place for us to drink and watch the game.

it just hit me....your thinking of a restaurant called 'marche'

if you get a chance head over the maple leaf gardens(i am no way shape or form a leafs fan but i have taken the tour at maple leaf garden and it is AMAZING... i don't know if they still run the tours or not.)

As much as I would love to tell you to go visit the Gardens, don't bother. It's all boarded up and is basically abandoned.

Here's a news report with video of the interior that aired last week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltkVQb3OkN8

It's sickening to see a cherished hockey shrine fall into such disrepair.

Gretzky's is interesting to see all the memorabilia, but if you're looking for a good place to eat, don't bother. It's nothing special.

If you're looking for a pre-game place to tip a few glasses, definitely check out the Loose Moose on Front St.

Edited by MacK_Attack