• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 metalwinger_13

metalwinger_13

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

i say go after fedotenko (sp), maybe todd fedoruk from philly and if some how we can get say doan.. then go for it.. definatly get rid of somehow .. williams, maybe hudler, and picks.. or try and pawn off some average prospects. but i think fedoruk and fedotenkop can each be had for a decent mid level draft pick since ligthing are close to cap and looking to free cap space, and flyers ar ein a rebuilding period and should take all the picks they can
Good Night ... and Good Luck!!

#22 ProfessorLidstrom5

ProfessorLidstrom5

Nick's in eleventh heaven!!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:47 PM

What about Modin? He could be a nice fit. A hard worker along the boards and a 20 goal scorer, plus he's Swedish!! cool.gif

"He's smart, I tell ya. He's the same everyday. That's what puts him in a league separate from everyone else." - Mike Babcock on Nicklas Lidstrom

Sig created by TeeMan

#23 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 7, 2007 - 05:17PM) View Post

I think the cost of feeding him would put us above the cap.

Hahaha you're probably right.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#24 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(ProfessorLidstrom5 @ February 8, 2007 - 12:47AM) View Post

What about Modin? He could be a nice fit. A hard worker along the boards and a 20 goal scorer, plus he's Swedish!! cool.gif

I like this idea. but not only him. Modder is great and would be a nice fit to our roster, but he doesn't address all Wings needs.
I think I'd take Tkachuk or Guerin over Modder, though

#25 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:37 PM

What about renting Sundin? Though the leaves are pretty hot right now and won't part until they inevitably tank.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#26 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(clutchngrab @ February 8, 2007 - 01:37AM) View Post

What about renting Sundin? Though the leaves are pretty hot right now and won't part until they inevitably tank.

thay may be staying in playoff hunt for a while. and even if they fail
before trade deadline, I really can't see them trading Sundin

#27 detroitdan

detroitdan

Future General Manager

• PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:13 PM

I just read the Truth and Rumors article on SI.com for today. There was a little excerpt from one of the New York papers saying that the Rangers might become sellers if things don't look good for them by the deadline, and it said that one of the players that could be moved is Brendan Shanahan.

I don't know about anyone else, but if the opportunity to get him back to Detroit comes up, Holland has to do it. He is EXACTLY what the Wings need, a gritty, scoring winger. He'd be a better fit than Forsberg or Bertuzzi. I seriously hope this happens because he would be a big time improvement to an already good team.

Anyone else see this and have some thoughts?

#28 GuloGulo

GuloGulo

Never Waive Drake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE(detroitdan @ February 8, 2007 - 06:13PM) View Post

I just read the Truth and Rumors article on SI.com for today. There was a little excerpt from one of the New York papers saying that the Rangers might become sellers if things don't look good for them by the deadline, and it said that one of the players that could be moved is Brendan Shanahan.

I don't know about anyone else, but if the opportunity to get him back to Detroit comes up, Holland has to do it. He is EXACTLY what the Wings need, a gritty, scoring winger. He'd be a better fit than Forsberg or Bertuzzi. I seriously hope this happens because he would be a big time improvement to an already good team.

Dude.. it ain't 1996 no more! blink.gif
<DarrylBootland> I'm big league!

#29 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,043 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:06 PM

Tucker could be avaiable , and while not a natural winger , Sundin has played RW a couple times over his career

#NOMOREKINDL

#30 Draper4$1

Draper4$1

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:14 PM

I would love to see Sundin come over as a rental, but I doubt that the Leafs will be out of it by the deadline. And even if they are, I think it's unlikely that they move him. Man, he'd look good on the PP with Dats, Zetts, Lids, and Schneids though......

#31 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:50 PM

When is the deadline? I can't wait to start seeing some trades, no matter which teams are involved.

#32 Curban915

Curban915

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:08 PM

I know we talking about wingers but what about Souray he will finsh the year out in MTL. But maybe we let schinder go and sign him he will be wanting 4to5 mill a year, why not give that money to a younger version of schinder what do you all think?

Edited by Curban915, 08 February 2007 - 03:09 PM.

#33 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(detroitdan @ February 8, 2007 - 11:13AM) View Post

Nope.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#34 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:43 PM

Probably should add Bertuzzi to that list.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#35 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(detroitdan @ February 8, 2007 - 12:13PM) View Post

A former Red Wing? Can't rule anything out with Ken Holland making the deals. hehe.gif

#36 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(detroitdan @ February 8, 2007 - 10:13AM) View Post

....making us the exact same team that lost in the first round last year.

Wtf?

QUOTE(Curban915 @ February 8, 2007 - 01:08PM) View Post

I know we talking about wingers but what about Souray he will finsh the year out in MTL. But maybe we let schinder go and sign him he will be wanting 4to5 mill a year, why not give that money to a younger version of schinder what do you all think?

I didn't know we had a player named Schinder. He must be playing in the ECHL with Lindstrom, Federov, Legacy, and Michael Samuelsson.

No, really-- please watch the games and know the players before you talk about them.

Edited by Crymson, 08 February 2007 - 09:49 PM.

#37 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 9, 2007 - 04:48AM) View Post

....making us the exact same team that lost in the first round last year.

Wtf?
I didn't know we had a player named Schinder. He must be playing in the ECHL with Lindstrom, Federov, Legacy, and Michael Samuelsson.
No, really-- please watch the games and know the players before you talk about them.

Don't forget Filpulla. tongue.gif
Thank You TeeMan

#38 Aeothe Kaear

Aeothe Kaear

puttin' on the foil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(Curban915 @ February 8, 2007 - 03:08PM) View Post

If we're going to get a defenseman, how about one that actually doesn'tf****** suck at playing defense instead of another Schneider?

"I can't believe I shook that guy's friggin' hand. That pisses me right off." -- Dino Ciccarelli

#39 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(Aeothe Kaear @ February 8, 2007 - 09:11PM) View Post

If we're going to get a defenseman, how about one that actually doesn'tf****** suck at playing defense instead of another Schneider?

Indeed. Souray is even worse defensively than is Schneider.

It's well and easy to look at someone and say "WOW, he scores a lot! Let's get him!" However, other things must be considered--sometimes the biggest impact is made away from the scoring.

#40 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:03 PM

No kidding. You think Schneider is bad, you should ol' Sheldon get turned inside out every night, making a sad little last ditch lunge as he drops to ice, so completely and totally beaten.

Not only that, he makes horrible decisions in his defensive zone, that have nothing to do with playing one-on-one, that would makes Mathieu look like a Hart candidate. Passes up the middle (ala Markov crazy.gif) or double teaming the wrong guy and leaving his man wide open. Practically every time I've watched him play on HNIC he makes some cringe-worthy effort and the Habs get scored on.

I really can't say enough about how worthless Souray would be in the winged wheel.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock