• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:39 AM

Souray would be a downgrade from Schneider. Everyone talks about how physical Souray is, yet he's so slow that he only hits people when they are blantly not paying attention and standing still. He's better than Hatcher, but who isn't? I'll say pass.

#42 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(detroitdan @ February 8, 2007 - 12:13PM) View Post

I just read the Truth and Rumors article on SI.com for today. There was a little excerpt from one of the New York papers saying that the Rangers might become sellers if things don't look good for them by the deadline, and it said that one of the players that could be moved is Brendan Shanahan.

I don't know about anyone else, but if the opportunity to get him back to Detroit comes up, Holland has to do it. He is EXACTLY what the Wings need, a gritty, scoring winger. He'd be a better fit than Forsberg or Bertuzzi. I seriously hope this happens because he would be a big time improvement to an already good team.

Anyone else see this and have some thoughts?

Uh, what?

Shanahan had 10 points in his last 22 playoff games with the Wings. No thanks. Oh, and he's not gritty anymore.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#43 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 9, 2007 - 04:03PM) View Post

Not only that, he makes horrible decisions in his defensive zone, that have nothing to do with playing one-on-one, that would makes Mathieu look like a Hart candidate.

I think this should be changed to "Norris candidate," else it makes Matt look pretty useless-- I think we'll all agree that, despite his sometime shortcomings as a defenseman, Schneider is a VERY good player.

#44 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 10, 2007 - 12:27PM) View Post

I think this should be changed to "Norris candidate," else it makes Matt look pretty useless-- I think we'll all agree that, despite his sometime shortcomings as a defenseman, Schneider is a VERY good player.

If you're a DEFENSEMAN with shortcomings playing DEFENSE, how can you be considered a "very good player"? That makes no sense.

Edited by Lou_Siffer, 10 February 2007 - 12:31 PM.

Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#45 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:55 PM

Why would LA move Frolov? The Kings trading him is like the Wings trading Zetterberg. crazy.gif

#46 metalwinger_13

metalwinger_13

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:59 PM

exactly.. i think the list was made up of who if available theyd liek to see or there own favorite scroing wingers.. nto a good list. btu i could also see how he coudl think frolov cause of where the kings are in te standing to dump salary and start over.. but im hoping for guerin or bertuzzi and say another grit/ role player like fedotenko, gelina, roberts, etc. one who is a lil gritty but also clutch in playoffs.
Good Night ... and Good Luck!!