• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Available Wingers

Rate this topic

What about renting Sundin? Though the leaves are pretty hot right now and won't part until they inevitably tank.

thay may be staying in playoff hunt for a while. and even if they fail

before trade deadline, I really can't see them trading Sundin

I just read the Truth and Rumors article on SI.com for today. There was a little excerpt from one of the New York papers saying that the Rangers might become sellers if things don't look good for them by the deadline, and it said that one of the players that could be moved is Brendan Shanahan.

I don't know about anyone else, but if the opportunity to get him back to Detroit comes up, Holland has to do it. He is EXACTLY what the Wings need, a gritty, scoring winger. He'd be a better fit than Forsberg or Bertuzzi. I seriously hope this happens because he would be a big time improvement to an already good team.

Anyone else see this and have some thoughts?

I just read the Truth and Rumors article on SI.com for today. There was a little excerpt from one of the New York papers saying that the Rangers might become sellers if things don't look good for them by the deadline, and it said that one of the players that could be moved is Brendan Shanahan.

I don't know about anyone else, but if the opportunity to get him back to Detroit comes up, Holland has to do it. He is EXACTLY what the Wings need, a gritty, scoring winger. He'd be a better fit than Forsberg or Bertuzzi. I seriously hope this happens because he would be a big time improvement to an already good team.

Dude.. it ain't 1996 no more! :blink:

I would love to see Sundin come over as a rental, but I doubt that the Leafs will be out of it by the deadline. And even if they are, I think it's unlikely that they move him. Man, he'd look good on the PP with Dats, Zetts, Lids, and Schneids though......

I know we talking about wingers but what about Souray he will finsh the year out in MTL. But maybe we let schinder go and sign him he will be wanting 4to5 mill a year, why not give that money to a younger version of schinder what do you all think?

Edited by Curban915

Nope.

A former Red Wing? Can't rule anything out with Ken Holland making the deals. :hehe:

Guest Crymson

....making us the exact same team that lost in the first round last year.

Wtf?

I know we talking about wingers but what about Souray he will finsh the year out in MTL. But maybe we let schinder go and sign him he will be wanting 4to5 mill a year, why not give that money to a younger version of schinder what do you all think?

I didn't know we had a player named Schinder. He must be playing in the ECHL with Lindstrom, Federov, Legacy, and Michael Samuelsson.

No, really-- please watch the games and know the players before you talk about them.

Edited by Crymson

....making us the exact same team that lost in the first round last year.

Wtf?

I didn't know we had a player named Schinder. He must be playing in the ECHL with Lindstrom, Federov, Legacy, and Michael Samuelsson.

No, really-- please watch the games and know the players before you talk about them.

Don't forget Filpulla. :P

If we're going to get a defenseman, how about one that actually doesn't ******* suck at playing defense instead of another Schneider?

Guest Crymson

If we're going to get a defenseman, how about one that actually doesn't ******* suck at playing defense instead of another Schneider?

Indeed. Souray is even worse defensively than is Schneider.

It's well and easy to look at someone and say "WOW, he scores a lot! Let's get him!" However, other things must be considered--sometimes the biggest impact is made away from the scoring.

No kidding. You think Schneider is bad, you should ol' Sheldon get turned inside out every night, making a sad little last ditch lunge as he drops to ice, so completely and totally beaten.

Not only that, he makes horrible decisions in his defensive zone, that have nothing to do with playing one-on-one, that would makes Mathieu look like a Hart candidate. Passes up the middle (ala Markov :crazy:) or double teaming the wrong guy and leaving his man wide open. Practically every time I've watched him play on HNIC he makes some cringe-worthy effort and the Habs get scored on.

I really can't say enough about how worthless Souray would be in the winged wheel.

Souray would be a downgrade from Schneider. Everyone talks about how physical Souray is, yet he's so slow that he only hits people when they are blantly not paying attention and standing still. He's better than Hatcher, but who isn't? I'll say pass.

Uh, what?

Shanahan had 10 points in his last 22 playoff games with the Wings. No thanks. Oh, and he's not gritty anymore.

Guest Crymson

Not only that, he makes horrible decisions in his defensive zone, that have nothing to do with playing one-on-one, that would makes Mathieu look like a Hart candidate.

I think this should be changed to "Norris candidate," else it makes Matt look pretty useless-- I think we'll all agree that, despite his sometime shortcomings as a defenseman, Schneider is a VERY good player.

I think this should be changed to "Norris candidate," else it makes Matt look pretty useless-- I think we'll all agree that, despite his sometime shortcomings as a defenseman, Schneider is a VERY good player.

If you're a DEFENSEMAN with shortcomings playing DEFENSE, how can you be considered a "very good player"? That makes no sense.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

exactly.. i think the list was made up of who if available theyd liek to see or there own favorite scroing wingers.. nto a good list. btu i could also see how he coudl think frolov cause of where the kings are in te standing to dump salary and start over.. but im hoping for guerin or bertuzzi and say another grit/ role player like fedotenko, gelina, roberts, etc. one who is a lil gritty but also clutch in playoffs.