• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsfan75

Buccigross Wisdom

Rate this topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...&id=2754999

At least we know that as Wings fans we have two of the best commentators in the league according to him.

I agree with the idea of bringing in two more Canadian teams. I was sad to see the two that we had go away in the first place.

I thought his reasoning for making the nets bigger wasn't too bad either.

Edited by wingsfan75

Bucci's got great insights on the game. About the only thing I strongly disagree with is increasing the net size.

And I thought this was an interesting note regarding television ratings:

"• Of all Fox Sports Net regional channels, the Red Wings lead all NHL teams (average 96,915)."

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Um, who is the respected writer here? This guy is such a hack - I think you all swoon over him for the same myopic reason he touts - he's Amerikan! Go over to the Toronto Sun if you wanna read good writing.

And face it - ask any Amerikan if they know anything about hockey and I'm sure the majority who are not fans will mumble Gretz - gasp, a Kanadian! And isnt baseball like 30% Latino? Amerikans like their teams - plain and simple. Put a good team out there, market it as a team and they will come. This Amerikan obsession with individuals should stick to tennis, golf and horseracing! Oh, and UFC - they like that too.

WTF is putting it nicely.

Bucci's one of the few writers on a national level that has any passion and understanding of hockey. I too disagree with him about widening the nets, but other than, I love reading his columns.

That, and he once printed an email I sent him, so he'll always be cool in my book.

there is some good points and some bad points. he odes make a good point about starting the season later because of football, but at the same time football games are monday and sunday so it really doesn't mess with it that much.

Well for an American, Bucci is pretty much the only national writer that takes any notice to hockey. I respect him greatly for that. I'm not saying he's any better than your wonderful "Kanadian" writers TWW but you don't have to be so damn harsh. Since it's so annoying to TWW would a mod PLEASE remove my opinion of Bucci from the thread title.

... on the other note. I don't necessarily agree with making the nets bigger but I did see a point in his argument that it might help the casual fan to enjoy the game more.

It's definitely cool to see that Detroit has the higest FSN ratings of all the teams. That may not hold much clout to the Leafs and Rangers though because I belive that they might be broadcast on different networks than FSN.

Edited by wingsfan75

there is some good points and some bad points. he odes make a good point about starting the season later because of football, but at the same time football games are monday and sunday so it really doesn't mess with it that much.

You've also got college football on Saturday, and occasionally Thursday and Tuesday (I think).

Um, who is the respected writer here? This guy is such a hack - I think you all swoon over him for the same myopic reason he touts - he's Amerikan! Go over to the Toronto Sun if you wanna read good writing.

And face it - ask any Amerikan if they know anything about hockey and I'm sure the majority who are not fans will mumble Gretz - gasp, a Kanadian! And isnt baseball like 30% Latino? Amerikans like their teams - plain and simple. Put a good team out there, market it as a team and they will come. This Amerikan obsession with individuals should stick to tennis, golf and horseracing! Oh, and UFC - they like that too.

Wow, you're a ******. I didn't know Kanadians had so much passion for something other than hockey. And I also realize that they can read. (see I can be a ****** also to entire nationalities. Grow up.)

I absolutely LOVE Buccigross. He is by far the most intelligent hockey writer out there and it helps that he's funny as hell as well. The guy is awesome. I still wish they had NHL2NIGHT because of him. He made it great and would always through funny lines out here and there. Funny thing is I only watch SportsCenter when he is on, other than that I'll change the channel. So, yes, Bucci rules and so do all his articles.

WTF is putting it nicely.

Bucci's one of the few writers on a national level that has any passion and understanding of hockey. I too disagree with him about widening the nets, but other than, I love reading his columns.

That, and he once printed an email I sent him, so he'll always be cool in my book.

A few years back he predicted the Ducks upsetting the Wings in the first round. It took a lot of balls to make that call at the time, and even more irritatingly, he was right.

He (or possibly his staff, but it seems like him) is very cool about sending emails. He didn't put it in the column, but I've had him reply personally about an email I sent him regarding the goaltender trapezoid rule change.

He's goofy at times, but extremely knowledgeable and loves the game. He's about the only good hockey related item on ESPN.com.

He (or possibly his staff, but it seems like him) is very cool about sending emails. He didn't put it in the column, but I've had him reply personally about an email I sent him regarding the goaltender trapezoid rule change.

He's goofy at times, but extremely knowledgeable and loves the game. He's about the only good hockey related item on ESPN.com.

Agreed on both counts. After NHL2Nite got canceled, I sent him an emailing telling him how it was one of my favorite shows and he wrote me back.

And yeah, he's pretty much the only reason I read ESPN.com's NHL section. I actually don't mind Barry Melrose, but The Mullet doesn't work so well on the written format. He's best on TV.

Bucci is the best hockey analyst ESPN has. He looks deep into the game and tells it like it is. I cant say I agree with the larger nets but just about everything else he says makes sense to me.

A few years back he predicted the Ducks upsetting the Wings in the first round. It took a lot of balls to make that call at the time, and even more irritatingly, he was right.

I've emailed him about five times over the past two years on things regarding the new NHL, and his predictions and such and he's written me back everytime and it would take about a day for him to do so. He's great. I remember one time I told him I thought he was hilarious and by far the best writer and he replied by saying that I made his year. :D

Aren't you an American?

So American's can't talk hockey? Just because a majority of Americans don't like hockey, doesn't mean all Americans don't like hockey. See, this is called stereotyping, which is a no no. That is on par, but less drastic, than saying black people shouldn't be food critics because they only like fried chicken and watermelon. Saying something like that is just idiotic.

Ok, so who is the best hockey player ever? Hull or Housley?

Don't stereotype, and start using the c key, because using K's and stereotyping might make me think you are a klan member. should i jump to that illogical conclusion, just like you did with bucci not knowing hockey and americans loving teams and not players?

And for what its worth, i always see how my favorite players are doing in every sport. the only team i actually care about is the red wings. and i am AmeriCan.

Aren't you an American?

Born and raised in B'ham if that matters to you.

Don't stereotype, and start using the c key, because using K's and stereotyping might make me think you are a klan member. should i jump to that illogical conclusion, just like you did with bucci not knowing hockey and americans loving teams and not players?

You all read the article other than the 'bigger net' piece right? BoogerSauce (his daughters words, not mine) is just a very bad writer. That is my opinion - your mileage may vary:

'Also, I am no xenophobe, but we need more Americans in the NHL for U.S.-based teams. The NFL is so popular because of gambling, nearly naked cheerleaders ... and it is 99.9-percent American. These footballers are Americans who grew up loving and watching the NFL as kids. It's one reason the NHL is so popular in Canada. Canada loves Saku Koivu, Mats Sundin and Markus Naslund, but they really love Ryan Smyth. The NHL is mostly Canadian, and Canadian fans have watched and read about these players since they were bantams.'

And I commented that baseball is 'not 99.9 percent' Amerikan and yet has a huge following here in the Colonies. In a team sport if you field an exicting team, the individual players nationality shouldn't matter. And I dont believe it does.

You dont think Carolina fans were on their feet screaming for the likes of Brind'Amour and Stall and Stillman and Whitney and Ward? Do you think they cared that those players were not of Amerikan descent? Xenophobic? Nah, he doesnt appear to have a fear of non-Amerikans. Isolationist? Nationalist? Nope, just a hack writer for even making that statement. That was my point.