• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Airborn

TSN: Red Wings interested in Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

I completely agree. The problem is his complete and utter lack of remorse. I won't rehash the whole scenario and I hope no one else does either. We don't need to debate it again. I also can't deny the Wings need a physical presence, especially since anyone could pull up at least 10 threads where I advocate it. I just wish we had better options.

Wish all you want...Shane Doan ain't happening. Nagy and Gagne are not what this team needs. Roberts, Guerin and Tkatchuk are going to be as effective as Wendle Clark was to this team. Forsberg, Sundin, and Jokinen are all centers. WE DONT NEED ANYMORE CENTERS!!!

Bertuzzi and Nolan are the only 2 guys I am in favor of getting...unless someone else can inform me of another big, physical, scoring winger who is hungry for a chance at the Cup.

Although I dont think we should give up too much to get Bert, he would be a HUGE addition for the playoffs.

Choo choo! Here comes the Pain Train, headed by one Todd Bertuzzi. Look out, he's a force!

Six

Count 'em,

SIX

playoff goals in 24 games.

Hank managed to equal Bert's entire playoff goal totals in a single run last spring. I know he had that big season four years ago, but it may just be that that's potential he no longer has.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

If I ever cripple somebody, even inadvertently, I hope that i'd be man enough and own up to it, and pay the appropriate damages to the victim. Especially if I could afford them, like Bertuzzi can. You do realize that Moore still haven't seen a dime from Bertuzzi, right?

Well i hate to say it, but your soo wrong... Bert had a press conference and apologized on national tv and was crying and had a huge speech so where you get that he didn't own up to it, i have no idea...

Side Note: I was at that game in van since i live in bc and it was crazy.. your going to love this, i ended up beathing the s*** out of an avs fan as did many nucks fans that night since the score was 9-2 avs

Um, played like s***, was by all accounts a locker room cancer...

That was a result of him being distracted by the incident, not him behaving badly....

In any event it shows that he was remorseful because if he didn't care about it, it wouldn't of affected his play.....

grow up man, he took a cheap shot that ultimately cost him. You dont think Chelly ever took a cheap shot on anyone? He might not have hurt them like Bertuzzi did, but to not watch the wings because we acquire Bertuzzi is ridiculous. I remember when we traded for Chelly so many people said that they would never watch the wings, and look what happened, Chelly ended up playing for us for 7 years. Although I dont think we should give up too much to get Bert, he would be a HUGE addition for the playoffs.

A someone mentioned before, he HAS NOT paid for his deed yet. When he shows his remorse by reaching a decent settelement with Moore, instead of stonewalling him every way he can, I'll start counting him as a human being again.

Until then, I don't want this sleeze wearing the Winged Wheel.

Choo choo! Here comes the Pain Train, headed by one Todd Bertuzzi. Look out, he's a force!

Six

Count 'em,

SIX

playoff goals in 24 games.

Hank managed to equal Bert's entire playoff goal totals in a single run last spring. I know he had that big season four years ago, but it may just be that that's potential he no longer has.

That "big season" isn't even that impressive when you figure what happened in the playoffs.

Regular season: 82 GP, 97 points, 144 PIM

Playoffs: 14 GP, 6 points (2G, 4A), 60 PIM

So while he didn't score in the playoffs he made his team shorthanded an average of just over two times per game. He's big, but his back is questionable at best and even when he was at his best he brought very little to the table offensively in the playoffs. I'd like to see the Wings get some more size for the playoffs too, but by "size" I would mean much more than "the ability to displace air."

A someone mentioned before, he HAS NOT paid for his deed yet. When he shows his remorse by reaching a decent settelement with Moore, instead of stonewalling him every way he can, I'll start counting him as a human being again.

Its really not Berts fault that nothing has been settled yet, it was the judge in Col that threw the case out the door, so i don't understand how you can blame bert for paying up

Well i hate to say it, but your soo wrong... Bert had a press conference and apologized on national tv and was crying and had a huge speech so where you get that he didn't own up to it, i have no idea...

Side Note: I was at that game in van since i live in bc and it was crazy.. your going to love this, i ended up beathing the s*** out of an avs fan as did many nucks fans that night since the score was 9-2 avs

Talk is cheap, and tears are even cheaper. If he is remorseful, why hasn't he told his lawyers to settle with Moore, instead of doing their damnedest to avoid paying anything, even if that would mean paying a little more?

Talk is cheap, and tears are even cheaper. If he is remorseful, why hasn't he told his lawyers to settle with Moore, instead of doing their damnedest to avoid paying anything, even if that would mean paying a little more?

You can't just pay someone out, it has to go to court which like i said it did, and the COL judge threw it out.. Then moore tried to get it to a canadian trial but that was also denied.. SO most likly he won't see anything from Bert

Like Bert or not - he's gonna come to da Wings.

Holland is FOREVER pulling that trigger on getting those large skilled tough guy types. Kenny "grit" Holland they outta call 'im.

Welcome Bert!

aloha

he was only sorry because he was in deep trouble with the NHL! I am shure he manager had a hell of a lot to do with that press confrence.. and what a show it was......... :clap: look he can act too!

So while he didn't score in the playoffs he made his team shorthanded an average of just over two times per game. He's big, but his back is questionable at best and even when he was at his best he brought very little to the table offensively in the playoffs. I'd like to see the Wings get some more size for the playoffs too, but by "size" I would mean much more than "the ability to displace air."

Good catch on the PIMs, though it is worthy of note that 20 of those 60 minutes were in game misconducts. Overall, he led the playoffs with 20 minor penalties (7 more than the runners up).

There's a big difference between being remorseful and reaching a settlement. Bertuzzi showed that he is remorseful for the incident, he doesn't have to reach a settlement to that. Legal matters are very complicated and have very little to do with any moral or immoral behavior by Bertuzzi.

If I ever cripple somebody, even inadvertently, I hope that i'd be man enough and own up to it, and pay the appropriate damages to the victim. Especially if I could afford them, like Bertuzzi can. You do realize that Moore still haven't seen a dime from Bertuzzi, right?

Nor should he. First, Bertuzzi may not have even been the one that crippled him. Did you see that pile-up? Can you say without question it was the hit from Bertuzzi that did him in? Neither can a doctor. Second, if Moore had turned to face Bert as he was grabbing on to the back of his sweater they would have exchanged maybe one or two punches before the linesman were all over that and it would have been over. Cowardice is a poor excuse for injury. Third, Moore didn't seem to mind taking liberties by inflicting a hit which could have blown out Naslund's knee and ended HIS career, which was then and is now worth a whole lot more "dimes" than Moore's was ever going to be. Bert did something that EVERY member of this board wanted one of our players to do after cheap shots to Williams, then Franzen, then Cleary, then Hasek... the list goes on. Bert has balls. Bert has good hands. Bert has a mean streak. Bert has size. Bert has loyalty to him teammates. Make the trade Kenny! He didn't intentionally cripple Moore. It's not like he was thinking, "ya, I'm gonna cripple this guy, derail my own career, become a hated NHL'er, get traded to a crappy team, and face years of legal battles", as he was tugging on Moore's jersey while skating down the ice. He just wanted to slap him in the face and say, "Don't take out our star player's knee, be more careful you spineless, third line, cowardly Avs monkey". If Shanny had crippled poor Roy when he jumped at him, or if Mac had crippled poor Claude when he pummeled him as he turtled on the ice would you portray Shanny or Mac as vile villians who should be hung in the town square? I think not...

Trade for Bert. Hudler and a pick. My only concern is that Bert should sign here for at least another year or two as part of the deal. He's exactly what we need. Filpulla with Bert on his wing would be deadly.

Red Wings acquire Bertuzzi for little, something good happens. In retrospect we're all glad we got him.

Red Wings acquire Bertuzzi for little, nothing good happens so he is let go. We aren't glad we got him for what he did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Wings DON'T acquire Bertuzzi, more than likely, nothing good happens (see past few playoffs)

Red Wings DON'T acquire Bertuzzi, less than likely, something good happens.

Pick your side of the fence.

Edited by The Nephilim

First off I want to say this is my first post on Letsgowings.com. I have read many reviews over the past 4 or 5 years finally going to respond. I also enjoy reading all of your posts, good stuff. Now about the real topic at hand, Bertuzzi is exactly what this team needs, size, strength and mean streak. Oh by the way he can put the puck in the net. Exactly what Kenny boy wants. Bring him on. And about the class issue, this organization thrives on being classy, if bert isnt up to the standards see ya later. I think babs will woop him into shape. Thanks again everyone look forward to replying and giving my two cents on this board.

-Nick

Meh, I dunno...

I don't like Bertuzzi personally, but if it were to help the Wings in the long-run (or short-run/postseason) and they don't have to give up much to get him, I'll keep silent about my personal feelings toward him. I don't think he can be counted on to be a top guy night in/out, but I wouldn't mind actually seeing him paired with Lang/Cleary.

I think that could be interesting, also b/c I just don't' see Babcock breaking up Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom unless they absolutely just go stone cold. You can't expect them to keep on their pace forever lately, but I highly doubt they'll snag that low.

he was only sorry because he was in deep trouble with the NHL! I am shure he manager had a hell of a lot to do with that press confrence.. and what a show it was......... :clap: look he can act too!

that's a crock of s*** sorry to say that.. Of course he knew he was going to be in trouble with the nhl its not like he was going to get away with it... And how can you say that the manager had lots to do with the press conference or anything to do with it... So your saying that Bert must of had some onions in his hand or his hankie so that's why he started crying.. GIVE ME A BREAK