• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Airborn

TSN: Red Wings interested in Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

Nor should he. First, Bertuzzi may not have even been the one that crippled him. Did you see that pile-up? Can you say without question it was the hit from Bertuzzi that did him in? Neither can a doctor. Second, if Moore had turned to face Bert as he was grabbing on to the back of his sweater they would have exchanged maybe one or two punches before the linesman were all over that and it would have been over. Cowardice is a poor excuse for injury. Third, Moore didn't seem to mind taking liberties by inflicting a hit which could have blown out Naslund's knee and ended HIS career, which was then and is now worth a whole lot more "dimes" than Moore's was ever going to be. Bert did something that EVERY member of this board wanted one of our players to do after cheap shots to Williams, then Franzen, then Cleary, then Hasek... the list goes on. Bert has balls. Bert has good hands. Bert has a mean streak. Bert has size. Bert has loyalty to him teammates. Make the trade Kenny! He didn't intentionally cripple Moore. It's not like he was thinking, "ya, I'm gonna cripple this guy, derail my own career, become a hated NHL'er, get traded to a crappy team, and face years of legal battles", as he was tugging on Moore's jersey while skating down the ice. He just wanted to slap him in the face and say, "Don't take out our star player's knee, be more careful you spineless, third line, cowardly Avs monkey". If Shanny had crippled poor Roy when he jumped at him, or if Mac had crippled poor Claude when he pummeled him as he turtled on the ice would you portray Shanny or Mac as vile villians who should be hung in the town square? I think not...

Trade for Bert. Hudler and a pick. My only concern is that Bert should sign here for at least another year or two as part of the deal. He's exactly what we need. Filpulla with Bert on his wing would be deadly.

I believe you that Bertuzzi didn't intend to cripple Moore. But since he directly caused the situation that did, whatever legalistic excuses you may advance in his defense, he should have put his money where his tears are, and tell his lawyers to settle, instead of trying to block Moore from filing his suit anywhere on North American continent. Until he does settle, he is an unrepentant thug in my book, and I wouldn't want him to touch a Detroit jersey, let alone wear it.

And I never wanted any Detroit players to cripple anyone else, even Claude. Beat him up, split his lip, knock out a tooth or three - yes, make him unable to play hockey again - no.

Edited by sibiriak

Nor should he. First, Bertuzzi may not have even been the one that crippled him. Did you see that pile-up? Can you say without question it was the hit from Bertuzzi that did him in? Neither can a doctor. Second, if Moore had turned to face Bert as he was grabbing on to the back of his sweater they would have exchanged maybe one or two punches before the linesman were all over that and it would have been over. Cowardice is a poor excuse for injury. Third, Moore didn't seem to mind taking liberties by inflicting a hit which could have blown out Naslund's knee and ended HIS career, which was then and is now worth a whole lot more "dimes" than Moore's was ever going to be. Bert did something that EVERY member of this board wanted one of our players to do after cheap shots to Williams, then Franzen, then Cleary, then Hasek... the list goes on. Bert has balls. Bert has good hands. Bert has a mean streak. Bert has size. Bert has loyalty to him teammates. Make the trade Kenny! He didn't intentionally cripple Moore. It's not like he was thinking, "ya, I'm gonna cripple this guy, derail my own career, become a hated NHL'er, get traded to a crappy team, and face years of legal battles", as he was tugging on Moore's jersey while skating down the ice. He just wanted to slap him in the face and say, "Don't take out our star player's knee, be more careful you spineless, third line, cowardly Avs monkey". If Shanny had crippled poor Roy when he jumped at him, or if Mac had crippled poor Claude when he pummeled him as he turtled on the ice would you portray Shanny or Mac as vile villians who should be hung in the town square? I think not...

Trade for Bert. Hudler and a pick. My only concern is that Bert should sign here for at least another year or two as part of the deal. He's exactly what we need. Filpulla with Bert on his wing would be deadly.

:clap: Thank you for that....I was trying to conjure up something to that effect.....

Choo choo! Here comes the Pain Train, headed by one Todd Bertuzzi. Look out, he's a force!

Six

Count 'em,

SIX

playoff goals in 24 games.

Hank managed to equal Bert's entire playoff goal totals in a single run last spring. I know he had that big season four years ago, but it may just be that that's potential he no longer has.

Kenny Rogers was supposed to be a cancer and at 41 washed up too. He also had a postseason ERA of over 9.00.

A hockey one: How about Lang's resume before coming to the wings : 51 playoff games 9G 13A.

Those transactions sure are lookin terrible :rolleyes:

Edited by Mighty Wings

You can't just pay someone out, it has to go to court which like i said it did, and the COL judge threw it out.. Then moore tried to get it to a canadian trial but that was also denied.. SO most likly he won't see anything from Bert

Have you ever heard of settling out of court? It's done all the time. A civil suit goes to court only if the sides can not reach agreed settlement. If I hit someone with my car (not intentionally) and that person would incur medical bills in excess of what my insurance covers, I'd feel obliged to make up the difference, if I at all can. They would not have to go to court, just would need to show me the receipts. I wouldn't respect myself if I didn't. Why should I respect Bertuzzi?

Ok im sure we all remember the incident with how danny heatley killed his best friend when he played with the trashers, then got traded to the sens and he's lighting it up, if you trade bert to a team like the wings im sure that he will do the same thing that Heatley did and is still doing.. Sometimes players just need a change of scenery

Personally, come playoff time, a healthy Bertuzzi is a player I'd rather have on my team than on the opponents. You are all right though, there are ifs: his health, his price, and his place in the dressing room (we don't have to work with the guy, so it really doesn't matter if we think he's tainted).

Think of the depth this guy would bring to this team. Having him beside Zetterberg and Datsyuk would be scary, if you consider the success Holmstrom musters in that spot. Or throw him beside marshmallow Lang and Cleary. Also pretty scary. Hell, put him beside Draps and Maltby and I would still see a threat. He may not be an angel but Bertuzzi is that instant threat in all aspects of the game.

Kenny Rogers was supposed to be a cancer and at 41 washed up too. He also had a postseason ERA of over 9.00.

I wouldn't really know anything about that.

hockey one: How about Lang's resume before coming to the wings : 51 playoff games 9G 13A.

Good point. However, Lang was also leading the league in scoring when he was acquired. What has Bert done recently besides become injured, underachieve, and brain a guy on the ice?

Have you ever heard of settling out of court? It's done all the time. A civil suit goes to court only if the sides can not reach agreed settlement. If I hit someone with my car (not intentionally) and that person would incur medical bills in excess of what my insurance covers, I'd feel obliged to make up the difference, if I at all can. They would not have to go to court, just would need to show me the receipts. I wouldn't respect myself if I didn't. Why should I respect Bertuzzi?

I never said you had to respect Bert, im just saying if he comes to this team it will be what we need.. and if you don't want to like this team just because of Bert that's your choice

Please Holland, for the love of God, do NOT acquire Bertuzzi. There are a number of much smarter "gritty" wingers that will be available. I feel really uneasy about the stigma that's attached to Bert and the kinds of penalties that he takes. It may sound like a good deal, but I'm willing to bet that in the long run we'll regret giving up that prospect after Bertuzzi goes down yet again or does something as stupid as the Moore incident (I'm not putting it past him to repeat past mistakes).

Everyone has an opinion on the Bert. You can love him or hate him but if he's healthy he's EXACTLY what the Wings need. I'm not gonna date him or have him baby-sit my kids. As far as hockey is concerned, welcome to Detroit Bert...just know your role.

I never said you had to respect Bert, im just saying if he comes to this team it will be what we need.. and if you don't want to like this team just because of Bert that's your choice

And I will excersize it. If the Wings sign Bertuzzi, I'll ... I'm gonna start rooting for the Blue Jackets! :flamingmad: ;)

And I will excersize it. If the Wings sign Bertuzzi, I'll ... I'm gonna start rooting for the Blue Jackets! :flamingmad: ;)

Are you joking me?

Look i am against trading for Bertuzzi, but to stop liking your favorite team over one player is a bit ridiculous... :o

I wouldn't really know anything about that.

Good point. However, Lang was also leading the league in scoring when he was acquired. What has Bert done recently besides become injured, underachieve, and brain a guy on the ice?

There is a "change of scenery" factor that works sometimes, just like it did with Kenny Rogers. Rasheed Wallace is another example.

It was still unintentional. And regarding the Injury, yes its a given that he hasn't played much, but If he's healthy he's a top 5 Power forward in the league. However, I don't want him if he's not close to 100%. There's gonna be a couple of weeks worth of time to figure out if he is back to the level desired.

Edited by Mighty Wings

Everyone has an opinion on the Bert. You can love him or hate him but if he's healthy he's EXACTLY what the Wings need. I'm not gonna date him or have him baby-sit my kids. As far as hockey is concerned, welcome to Detroit Bert...just know your role.

Moore incident and related baggage aside, I just think Bert would cost too much, he hasn't really been the player he was, and even the player he was didn't do much in the playoffs (compared to his regular season performance) except take penalties that killed his team.

Moore incident and related baggage aside, I just think Bert would cost too much, he hasn't really been the player he was, and even the player he was didn't do much in the playoffs (compared to his regular season performance) except take penalties that killed his team.

I see your point...money is an issue. If it's going to cost too much or he's not going to be healthy then I would be a bit wary of him.

(Don't hate me Russ!!!)

Yzerman had Gallant and Probert

Gretzky and Messier had McSorely

Maybe Datsyuk and Zetterberg need that guy that will make the other team think twice about giving a little slash on your hurt wrist, or giving you a face wash, or sticking out a knee. Will Bertuzzi turn Datsyuk or Zetterberg into Yzerman, Messier, or Gretzky? Only an idiot would say yes. But did those 3 guys benefit from having a player known for what he did with his hands instead of his stick?

Like it or not, Bertuzzi is EXACTLY what the Wings need, besides the drama he might have with Chelios.

Edited by stevie for president

I have to agree with an earlier comment about Chelios. Chris has made many questionable hits in his career, the difference is he never seriously hurt someone. If Moore was fine after Bertuzzi's hit, it would have been forgotten, and I'd bet most Wings fans would be drooling at the chance to pick him up for this playoff run.

Lapointe, McCarty, Probert, and Kocur pounded guys all the time too, the difference is they never seriously hurt someone.